Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

And why can't the shop in question be named?

Have a look at the post previous to yours

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lcedb

I work in the crescent. We haven't been told officially if the previously mentioned shop was closed because of a confirmed case or anything but it's definitely likely. In fact, we haven't been told anything realy. There's been no information given to us or any indication on whether we'll close. Like isn't it clear that the crescent should absolutely be closed for a period of time?? I highly doubt they'll do that though. It feels ridiculous being told to go into work in a centre full of people while in the same breathe being told to stay in doors and away from people.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

If it’s been in the crescent and that fella has been working for two weeks, then it’s likely spread all over tesco and Dooradoyle . Contact tracing will be a night mare

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Fleetwoodmac

And why can't the shop in question be named?

Because you can jeprodise a shops reputation and place jobs and businesses at risk based on a rumour .. we've all heard rumours. Naming a shop would be grossly irresponsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

If it’s been in the crescent and that fella has been working for two weeks, then it’s likely spread all over tesco and Dooradoyle . Contact tracing will be a night mare

A few people who work for the company and/or know people who work in the actual shop have said that it was a rumour. Either no one had it to start with or the result was negative.

Hopefully people calm the feck down but good news doesn't spread so easily. They also said that staff were abused on their way home because of the rumour.

• Advertisement

le_girl wrote: »
    A few people who work for the company and/or know people who work in the actual shop have said that it was a rumour. Either no one had it to start with or the result was negative.

Hopefully people calm the feck down but good news doesn't spread so easily. They also said that staff were abused on their way home because of the rumour.

There are going to be little sh**estirrers... happy to spread rumours. That's terrible that they got grief... imagine the worry if it was true and getting abuse for it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Hairdressers and pubs still open?

YFlyer wrote: »
    Hairdressers and pubs still open?

Normalcy bias... seems to be affecting large proportion of population.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

I'm sure that it won't stop some people going to the pub on St Patrick's day. I couldn't think of a worse idea than being cooped up in such close proximity to so many people.

Coronavirus or not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭chicorytip

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Obviously not self-employed and working to simply keep going week-by-week then ?:rolleyes:
    Those that are will be facing a difficult medium term future. The peak infection period will be in three months time.

• Advertisement

Normalcy bias... seems to be affecting large proportion of population.

Can understand with pubs. The hairdressers be freakish with hygiene.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Should there be a thread for places that are closed temporarily due to corona?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭893bet

Locke bar and Jasmine just announced they are closing from tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

kfrp wrote: »

This could be very helpful. Anyone know if Darkside in Foxes Bow is closed, need to stock up on supplies :D

Can understand with pubs. The hairdressers be freakish with hygiene.

I have heard there isn't evidence of community transmission in limerick thus far. Testing increased significantly latter end of the week... again like any information difficult to determine if true but I'll take it!

I have heard there isn't evidence of community transmission in limerick thus far. Testing increased significantly latter end of the week... again like any information difficult to determine if true but I'll take it!

Normalcy bias affecting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Peony Court was closed when I passed this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Katie Dalys closed too

Normalcy bias affecting you.

Touche! To a degree I wish it was... only reporting what I'm hearing from frontline... cases in limerick linked to direct travel thus far... again I'm only hearing second hand like most of us

Touche! To a degree I wish it was... only reporting what I'm hearing from frontline... cases in limerick linked to direct travel thus far... again I'm only hearing second hand like most of us

I was flippant with my question in relation to a haircut and a pint. People should take personal hygienic practice beyond government guidelines.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

kfrp wrote: »

Pharmacia announced shortly after the school shut downs that they would be closing until the end of the period.

Daisies wrote: »
    Pharmacia announced shortly after the school shut downs that they would be closing until the end of the period.

Fairplay to them. Riddlers be still open :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

A very important announcement!
    ‼️COVID-19 Customer Announcement ‼️ To ensure the health and safety of our staff and customers Chicken Hut will be take-away only from tomorrow Sunday 15th March until further notice. We would greatly appreciate your co-operation during this time �������� #ChickenHut

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I heard Chicken Hut gravy kills Covid-19.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

chicorytip wrote: »
    Those that are will be facing a difficult medium term future. The peak infection period will be in three months time.

Seriously ???Thank God we have a Corona Expert in Limerick......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Peony Court closed since yesterday until the 30th notice up on the door, went to zweton in castletroy instead there closing from tonight on aswell for 2 weeks and gonna see what the situation is then (spoke to the manager guy in there he's quite nice)

lots of other places closing up tonight aswell mad to think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭pigtown

Does anyone know if handsanitiser can be got around Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

pigtown wrote: »
    Don't think so but you can make your own with two thirds rubbing alcohol also known as surgical spirits and one third aloe vera gel and add some drops of essential oil and voila, you have hand sanitizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

pigtown wrote: »

Washing your hands is more effective than hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer is only recommended when washing hands is not an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Seriously ???Thank God we have a Corona Expert in Limerick......:rolleyes:
    To be fair, three months is what the UK is predicting. It'll certainly be at least another couple of weeks (i.e. More than 2-3) IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement