Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Uriel. wrote: »
    Can they force them to close?

Easy: Emergency legislation that is probably already on the statute.

In Austria the enacted their 1950 Epidemic Act. Ski resorts closed, hotels told to close by 16.3,, bars and restaurants closed, locations sealed off, need official tourist papers to exit past official blocades (no return), locals, Austrian tourists, and foreign employees quarantined for 14 days. It happened in hours, so this talk of it happening here on 17th is bull. If its necessary, it could happen tomorrow. For public health, its not about quangos or cartel lobby groups A State can and should act fast, decisively and be ruthless in its application.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,955 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Should Michael O'Leary be handed the interim Taoiseach gig to get us over this?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,599 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

So 35% of people think this what we need right now...Jesus..

ES7-FFmg-WAAo-Amk-U-2.jpg

The health one looks and sounds like someone you'd see flogging ciggys on Moore Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,145 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

We don't have to keep the light on.

You definitely want the light off if they corner you on the 2.30 bus home. Cracking pair of top bollix but you'd want to be out of there by sunrise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

So 35% of people think this what we need right now...Jesus..

ES7-FFmg-WAAo-Amk-U-2.jpg

In fairness i hate them knackbags but Doherty and even ear pierce head have been ok during this. Unlike that squinty eyed blondy fcuk up north

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Should Michael O'Leary be handed the interim Taoiseach gig to get us over this?

Absolutely not. He kept planes flying in and out of Italy after they shut the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

NOT A CHANCE all those aul lads who drink in the pub or the old farmers will obide to staying at home.

They couldn't care less lot of them think its a hoax I kid you not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 BetterWay

gozunda wrote: »
    Figures for numbers infected by date and totals*

Date Number Infected

29 Feb 1 (Total 1)

3 March 1 (Total 2)

4 March 4 (Total 6)

5 March 7 (Total 13)

6 March 5 (Total 18 )

7 March 1 (Total 19)

8 March 2 (Total 21)

9 March 3 (Total 24)

10 March 10 (Total 34)

11 March 9 (Total 43) 1 death

12 March 27 (Total 70)

13 March 20 (Total 90)

14 March 39 (Total 139) 1 death

In 2 weeks Ireland has gone from 1 to 139 people diagnosed with COVID-19

Figures on the scale of community type infection is unknown at this time.

Source:

https://www.gov.ie/en/...ovid-19-coronavirus/

Is this following Italy's trajectory?

A jump in cases in South Korea this morning.

+183 and 8 new deaths.

joe40 wrote: »
    It was the not allowed to leave house part I was referring to. I fully expect more measures in relation to pubs etc

That's a few days away. And not many!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

fritzelly wrote: »
    Good point but the other image does look 100% photoshopped

I;m guessing the line being cut through by the lettering is a reflection/shadow that the white of the lettering hides/doesn't reflect? Possible, but lets be fair, who'd go through the effort of faking the reflection :pac:

BetterWay wrote: »

Worse i think

• Registered Users Posts: 25,075 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The vintners will certainly resist. You know their fûckin mindset. A busy enough pub in Dublin city can ‘turn over’ 8000 euros a week, some slightly more, some ok less.... to be down in a month 40,000 grand...the type of business person and their ‘mind’ won’t sit and watch an empty till and stagnant bank balance...

I just noticed China's mortality rate is up to 3.95% based on their reported stats.

A jump in cases in South Korea this morning.

+183 and 8 new deaths.

That's not good Kermit considering there efforts and capabilities

• Registered Users Posts: 38,148 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Augme wrote: »
    Don't really understand what the government expected to happen why they didn't force the pubs to close. For them to close voluntarily?

sure even the top people in this country are out on there day off drinking pints and shots of this and that

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭solidasarock

wakka12 wrote: »
    Is there seriously a lockdown coming? Like we actually won't be able to leave our homes?

The Garda couldn't catch a cold and our army is 12 people paid below minimum wage with guns from the 1960s. They wouldn't be able to police such a lockdown. But restrictions are going to increase.

Logical next step is for the Gov to force all businesses to be shut after 6pm and on weekends. I would expect that as early as next week and with how it seems publicans do not give a damn and just want to make a quick few quid, I hope is introduced Monday.

I would expect similar public transport restrictions to follow. Followed by greater restrictions on working hours for non critical businesses.

That's not good Kermit considering there efforts and capabilities

That's up from 107 new cases yesterday...

Bit of a reversal that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,145 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

BetterWay wrote: »

Nope, if we're following Italy's curve our total at the moment would be 59, were at is it 129, were making them look like amatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

The health one looks and sounds like someone you'd see flogging ciggys on Moore Street.

Misread that as healthy.... ended up playing Spot the Difference....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,955 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Strumms wrote: »
    The vintners will certainly resist. You know their fûckin mindset. A busy enough pub in Dublin city can ‘turn over’ 8000 euros a week, some slightly more, some ok less.... to be down in a month 40,000 grand...the type of business person and their ‘mind’ won’t sit and watch an empty till and stagnant bank balance...

Coppers makes about €75k a week in profit, to their credit they have closed it down for the next 2 weeks.

https://lovindublin.com/pubs/copper-face-jacks-closing-for-17-nights-following-government-advice

https://www.thejournal.ie/coppers-profits-2-4414152-Dec2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭dockysher

Pubs packed today and will be the same over next 3 days with lot of people having monday off aswel. I am normally 1 that goes to pub all weekend but earlier I just drove round thinking I see pubs quiet. People yet to realise how serious this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Is there a Sinn Fein term like "Godwin"?

Some of you soft cuuunts cant be in a thread without mentioning them,i get it,the election results terrified you but dont make it so obvious...this thread was about the virus ffs!!

The Garda couldn't catch a cold and our army is 12 people paid below minimum wage with guns from the 1960s. They wouldn't be able to police such a lockdown. But restrictions are going to increase.

Logical next step is for the Gov to force all businesses to be shut after 6pm and on weekends. I would expect that as early as next week and with how it seems publicans do not give a damn and just want to make a quick few quid, I hope is introduced Monday.

I would expect similar public transport restrictions to follow. Followed by greater restrictions on working hours for non critical businesses.

I hope FG give themselves a kick up the hole and become proactive rather than reactive as we have seen in the main so far.

That's up from 107 new cases yesterday...

Bit of a reversal that.

My sister lives in England and a lot of people are expecting it to be the worst in Europe in 4 weeks time. Which it will be. Lock the airports down!

PS
    She lives in Herts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Lads BTW calm down I like a pint more than anyone.

If you live rurally you'll still be able to go in the back door of the pub next weekend but you'll probably have to text the barman to let you in

dockysher wrote: »
    Pubs packed today and will be the same over next 3 days with lot of people having monday off aswel.

Personal opinion is they will be shut down by the govt before or on Monday along with restaurants.

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    I just noticed China's mortality rate is up to 3.95% based on their reported stats.

3.72% global average now.

7.68% of closed cases globally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Easy: Emergency legislation that is probably already on the statute.

In Austria the enacted their 1950 Epidemic Act. Ski resorts closed, hotels told to close by 16.3,, bars and restaurants closed, locations sealed off, need official tourist papers to exit past official blocades (no return), locals, Austrian tourists, and foreign employees quarantined for 14 days. It happened in hours, so this talk of it happening here on 17th is bull. If its necessary, it could happen tomorrow. For public health, its not about quangos or cartel lobby groups A State can and should act fast, decisively and be ruthless in its application.

Well if someone could point out what this legislation is it would be great. As far as I know nightclubs weren't force to close by law. Rather they did so voluntarily - to be socially responsible and/or avoid reputational damage.

• Advertisement

Dozyart wrote: »
    Is there a Sinn Fein term like "Godwin"?

Some of you soft cuuunts cant be in a thread without mentioning them,i get it,the election results terrified you but dont make it so obvious...this thread was about the virus ffs!!

The thread is partly discussing the future and present political landscape and it’s influence on this situation, it’s 100% relevant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement