Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

cheaper beer up there aswell,

Let’s all go to shankill road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Logan Roy wrote: »
    There's a few hysterical weirdos in this thread

It's great fun making general statements when you haven't the balls to name a poster incase you get banned..on an internet forum. Serious courage.

I don't see much panic. People are just discussing best practice, updates in a calm measured manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Did anyone actually get through to the HSE today looking to be tested?

Yes. Advice was ring own Doc on Monday. Obviously they are not prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Naggdefy wrote: »
    It depends. If it's South Korea, pretty certain they are accurate.

How could Italy record accurately given the state of their health service presently? Staff would be diverted to the most critical cases.
    Italy has tested 110000 people overall (today 11600)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Supervalu shelves full of pasta again if any panic buyers need more.

Stores like SuperValu can get a delivery the following day as required. The musgraves warehouse is ramped with stock you can be sure. Stores wouldn't havnt more than a box or 2 of extra stock in the store room. And when the panic hit, the stock on the shelves had no chance.

Some SuperValus in the capital are getting 8 trucks a day to their stores.

But shopping local in the independent and small retailers is what we need to do, the local centra, costcutter etc. They need support.

SME's are crippled along with so many jobs.

The big chains will survive!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭RickDeckard

Come down hard on the Vintner's, no more laxness. Pubs closed now.

Country should have a freeze on on all in/out travel from the country.

We need to figure out what to do with the North re: Boris plans.

We need a general lock-down in place now, not a police state, we as a society need to agree to a new set of rules for a while, and this needs to be backed up by the Policing and Army. I have had many problems with the way the Irish state is run in teh past, this is not the time for that.

We need as a country to get behind our front line Public servants, all of them.

We desperately need to create a gap of a few weeks whilst everyone and everything can get its footing to start to fight this damn pox and win.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,816 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Hopefully if a lockdown is introudced any publicans found breaking it automatically have their license revoked, we need to stop messing aroubd

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

With the army outside roaming the streets ensuring everyone stays indoors? He hasn’t a notion god love him

You havnt a notion if you think the army will be patrolling a small village

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

US2 wrote: »
    Youd swear twas against the law to go to the pub ffs. Publican said hell leave the backdoor open if we get a full lockdown thank god.

Very short sighted when he's banned from ever holding a licence again.

And when his lot runs dry how do you think he will get restocked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

blade1 wrote: »
    Imbecile :D

Touché

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

With the army outside roaming the streets ensuring everyone stays indoors? He hasn’t a notion god love him

We will be going into the pub schure!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Gods Gift wrote: »
    If we close the pubs and the north don’t. People will be going to the north to celebrate st Patrick’s day.

Close the border. **** the Good Friday agreement. This is serious **** we are facing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

VinLieger wrote: »
    The sheer selfish ignorance of some people is disgusting, he will hopefully lose his license and everyone inside cautioned if it came to sonthing likenthat happening during a lockdow.

Lock-in not lockdown

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

For all you strong fit 20somethings

https://mobile.twitter.com/boucherhayes/status/1238904532039589889

I’ve just learned that a person has been admitted to ICU of an acute hospital with complications arising from #COVIDー19.

They are IN THEIR 20s and have NO underlying health condition.

#Coronavirusireland

If you were thinking about going out tonight, perhaps think again.

I can believe it. If you get it, you're gambling on getting a very mild dose to a very serious illness, I don't fancy that gamble thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

He didn't really have a go though. He said they wont order pubs to close as we're not at that stage.
    But he said it's up to people to be mindful and basically be on top of their own personal hygiene.

While also stating people shouldn't be locked up at home, they aren't asking people to cut out social interaction, reduce it

Like maybe not sitting in a cramped space with a bunch off strangers, skulling pints for hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭tommythecat

MD1990 wrote: »
    best advice is.

To stay the fuk at home .

Have some discipline. You will appreciate life more when this is over. Do everything you can to keep as many people alive as possible.

Best post on here in a long time. It should be a stickie.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭defrule

Can you believe that Hong Kong which has around 2m more people than Ireland but 1/85 of the land mass has just 9 more cases than Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭McGiver

Full Lock-down = everything closed bar pharmacies and grocery stores

Denmark - full Lock-down and borders closed

Slovakia - partial Lock-down (hotels and restaurants still open), international travel severely restricted and border controls in place

Poland - almost full Lock-down and borders closed

Czechia - full Lock-down and borders closed

Spain - full Lock-down from tomorrow/Monday, borders remain open

UK - "keep calm and carry on"

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Mr.S wrote: »
    Take those type of posts with a grain of salt. Absolutely nothing to back it up with.

He is a journalist, so probably has a credible source.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Gods Gift wrote: »
    If we close the pubs and the north don’t. People will be going to the north to celebrate st Patrick’s day.

Anyone going to the pubs on Paddy's Day or any other day during this crisis are f*cking morons.

There are frontline service people out in the communities bringing the fight to the virus 24/7.. I'm on standby from Monday and hoping, hoping hard that I'm called on to put my shoulder to the wheel.

I'm damned proud of every paramedic, nurse, doctor, hospital worker, blood bike rider, soldier, airman/woman, sailor, civil defence member etc who are putting the the citizens health and welfare before there's.. If you're dragging the kids to McDonalds, packing the pubs etc you're an affront to these people & like I said 'a f*cking moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,210 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

For all you strong fit 20somethings

https://mobile.twitter.com/boucherhayes/status/1238904532039589889

I’ve just learned that a person has been admitted to ICU of an acute hospital with complications arising from #COVIDー19.

They are IN THEIR 20s and have NO underlying health condition.

#Coronavirusireland

If you were thinking about going out tonight, perhaps think again.

He throws up an awful lot of unverified stuff online. But its speculation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

otnomart wrote: »
    Italy has tested 110000 people overall (today 11600)

Fair enough. But that's 110,000 out of 60 whatever million.

Imagine the stats if 600,000 were tested? Just 1% of their population?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,347 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

https://abload.de/img/corona-german-borderskaj37.png

Borders of EU countries closing tonight but we are not allowed apparently or don't have the courage.

for a second there i thought Germany were at it again...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,381 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Tbf its shaping up like Paddy's Day. The responsible publicans acting will shame the a full response from the government. It took small parades being cancelled for them to brave up cancelling all parades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Brits Brits Brits.... are ye not concerned about your own turf. This should be renamed the British Corona virus thread.

The British border in Ireland impacts many and varied issues in Ireland. This is one of them. How the Brits approach this has consequences for the rest of the island. EG Ian Paisley: "Our people may be British, but our cows are Irish…"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Too many bottles of corona for that young man !!

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Won't be able to get into the pub with all the army lads in there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,336 ✭✭✭AllForIt

They want to let out 200 prisoners

I don't get that. Aren't they already self isolating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Look if you want to do something selfish and totally stupid just do it why are you looking for the approval of people who have a bit of sense?

People going to work including me are keeping the food supply chain moving people going out to the pub are braindead selfish p*icks.

Well then why haven't the pubs been closed by decree if we shouldn't go?

All I saw the CMO say was that we should observe social distancing if you go to a pub or restaurant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement