Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Can't help thinking that the big mothership they're building has taken a significant toll on the petty cash...
    Or have they changed their research people who are so unimaginative...
    Or are they serving up what the people ordered?

Or some acts have pulled out due to Covid-19?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,111 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

rubick wrote: »
    Lads there's a fair chance James won't be announced.

go wash your mouth out with soap and water!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BaldFigo

Stillill42 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter how many times you go through this process. All I can see is Snow Patrol, Lewis Capaldi and Picture This. I'll be ok. I need time.

The worst thing is they will be on main stage probably at 10pm. I could maybe listen to them around 6pm with a bucket of chicken wings keeping me busy.

Chicken wing music

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Seathrun66 wrote: »

Yup, I know for a FACT Pearl jam pulled out, Oasis were going to reform live on stage at EP and Bowie was to play the Otherkin slot on The Salty Dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

quite possible if a couple of the bigger festivals get cancelled and tours are postponed then EP and other smaller fests get boned.

Absolutely s.f.a. they can do about that.

There's a distinct whiff of sausage party from the headliners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭endainoz

Didnt realise you need north of 1000 posts on boards to have an opinion on the lineup. Guess going to the festival for years on end isnt good enough to form an opinion.

It's in the forum rules man look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Could well be the case. Mind you, we need the reporter on the ground on the facebook page to let us know the current situation.

For me, a significant undercard will be most welcome in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

endainoz wrote: »
    Snow patrol have played cto those crowds and bigger over the years. Not saying I'm a huge fan but they will draw the casual late 20s early 30s crowd.

have they? played in Olympia recently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭rubick

RE: Snow Patrol - on behalf of Co Down, I apologise.
    These people do not represent us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭endainoz

And they have played to much bigger crowds at festivals over the years as I said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

14 acts to look forward to already. Excellent start.

Genuinely Exciting
    0 from the top tier
    1 from the 2nd tier (Bicep)
    2 from the 3rd tier (Jpegmafia / Little Simz)
    1 from the 4th tier (100 Gecs)

Exciting + Happy enough
    2 from the top tier (Chems & Rage)
    4 from the 2nd tier (Annie Mac / Bicep / RTJ / Skepta)
    7 from the 3rd tier (Jpegmafia / Little Simz / Helena Hauff / I Hate Models / Jeff Mills / Matador / Paula Temple)
    1 from the 4th tier (100 Gecs)

Never listened to Foals so will see what I think... and lots of other names to explore too.

Excitement levels for some acts tempered by number of times I've seen them i.e. Chems, RTJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

No need...

Indicates the kind of people being appealed to, when they cant take harmless (and deserved) criticism of the lineup they resort to name calling.

Its not electric picnic so much as the O word.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Although on further reflection its more dance heavy than last years

God i dont know how to feel

Its an emotioanl rollercoaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭rubick

I don't want to oversell it, but Helena Hauff in Terminus will be really rather good.

endainoz wrote: »
    And they have played to much bigger crowds at festivals over the years as I said.

Likely but I think it's lazy booking. Lewis and Picture This are both playing Malahide shows this summer.

It's down to personal preference and all that. Lack of female headliner is disappointing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭sheroman01

i7BygBO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

this has been rolled out every year that i've been going, got old a long time ago.
    Doesn’t make it any less true though.

Their own choice. They're headlining the Isle of Wight in June, a bigger festival than EP. And probably others to come.

Their own choice. They're headlining the Isle of Wight in June, a bigger festival than EP. And probably others to come.

59,000 thousand last year at IOW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

The Chemical Brothers must hold some sort of record when it comes to Irish festivals, they've been headlining at least one a year for 20 years now

• Advertisement

59,000 thousand last year at IOW

IOW is 90,000

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/iow/2020

IOW is 90,000

Is WiKi lying to me

I can see 59,000 on there but open to correction

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭Rfrip

come back nile rodgers, alls forgiven old pal

• Registered Users Posts: 27 InTheWoods123

The lineup is definitely mixed, there's no doubt about that. However, there is a good amount to look forward to if you have a varied taste in music. I will say though that seeing Picture This as headliners yet again is just really lazy booking. There's acts under Picture This that in my opinion deserve to be above them on the bill any day. I know EP have a job to do in terms of pleasing the majority of the festival goers but surely there's no need to recycle artists at the rate they do. There's enough talent out there...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Rfrip wrote: »

Hahaha

Is WiKi lying to me

Not a reliable site as you're aware. I posted the efestivals link. Here's another:

https://www.festicket.com/festivals/isle-of-wight-festival/

Rfrip wrote: »

And while we're at it can we have our former Hot Chip & LCD regulars please?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭kg703

The lineup is definitely mixed, there's no doubt about that. However, there is a good amount to look forward to if you have a varied taste in music. I will say though that seeing Picture This as headliners yet again is just really lazy booking. There's acts under Picture This that in my opinion deserve to be above them on the bill any day. I know EP have a job to do in terms of pleasing the majority of the festival goers but surely there's no need to recycle artists at the rate they do. There's enough talent out there...

They only played two years ago? Normally EP doesnt have headliners back that quick?

Is WiKi lying to me

I can see 59,000 on there but open to correction

Could be the number of tickets sold last year, but capacity is 90k as agreed with the police and council in 2011. And that's how many tickets they're aiming to sell this year.

Though their lineup no better than ours alas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

The Chemical Brothers must hold some sort of record when it comes to Irish festivals, they've been headlining at least one a year for 20 years now

And Underworld. Tbf, theres only so many major dance acts you can book that deliver something like the experience EP are looking for. Groove Armada, Orbital, Leftfield, Massive Attack, Basement Jaxx, The Prodigy...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement