Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'll be happy if they put Foals on before RATM

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dav09

Stillill42 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter how many times you go through this process. All I can see is Snow Patrol, Lewis Capaldi and Picture This. I'll be ok. I need time.

If you can look past that there's some great acts on it, I had myself pre-convinced that there would be these (or much the same) all on it so the fact we have Foals, Denzel, Skepta, RATM, RTJ, BICEP, Little Simz and a few others I'm happy out, it's a fairly good mix too. In contrast to the headliners last year I really can't complain too much as I'd take RATM or The Chemical Brothers personally over any of those (The Strokes personally never did it for me past one or two songs). I can see if people aren't into hip hop there's a lot there people won't be happy about, but on the flip side it felt like we had about 5 hip hop acts on the bill last year with most being Irish apart from J Hus and one or two others I wasn't too impressed with.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Dreadful. I've usually been pesimistic when the line up gets slated on here every year but this one, I cant be positive about it. They'd need to drastically improve that in the summer announcement. Is their target audience teenage girls and no one else now?

Yes. That's why they've booked Rage Against the Machine and Ian Brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Is their target audience teenage girls and no one else now?
    it doesnt even serve that very well, picture this and lewis capaldi yes (mabel too but shes not even that big afaik) but not much else for them even, very poor so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Throwing together a playlist for people who aren't ****e craic.

Lot of people on here need to stop looking at festivals, looks like you'll be disappointed no matter what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

The amount of utter ****e ahead of Foals and Ian Brown is a disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Not only is the lineup largely a bit ****e, the stuff they got right is actually really lazy.

Rage, RTJ, Foals, Chemical Brothers all great acts. Apart from Rage, they all play here at least once every two years. The Chemical Brothers will be here in June, for fecks sake.

Just Mustard, Bicep, Skepta, Ian Brown, Little Simz all decent too. They're also not hard to catch. Ian brown is playing a rake of shows here already this year.

Very poor really.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Time to finally accept that EP has made its switch to a latter day Oxegen.

It's clear from that line up, and line ups from preceding years, that they've gone for a much younger crowd. The lineup is just big pop acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bunk Moreland

Nugget89 wrote: »
    Yes. That's why they've booked Rage Against the Machine and Ian Brown.

Well there has to be something for the people who have been going since before their target audience was born.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Throwing together a playlist for people who aren't ****e craic.

Lot of people on here need to stop looking at festivals, looks like you'll be disappointed no matter what.

Korona virus is right! If you dont like ****e music, you're no craic! **** taste, bring on Picture This!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

How have Foals dropped so low on the poster? Is their star waning that much? Five years ago I saw them as future Glasto headliners and they had a number one and number two album in the UK last year. Maybe just surpassed by others.

They're always worth a look. I'll also catch RATM, Aoife Nessa Francis, Rejjie Snow, Ian Brown, JV McMorrow, Just Mustard, Black Country New Road, the Chemicals & Little Simz. None of whom I'd shell out a lot of money to see elsewhere.

The Summer announcements need to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Poorside is worse than I thought. Hang in there, buddy.

Haha

Ratm
    Ian Brown
    Foals
    Saint sister
    Just Mustard
    James Vincent

Enough there to make me push through.

And Rick Astley of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭endainoz

It's funny that the ones who never post on this thread love to come out of the woodwork to whinge and moan. If none of us knew about Rage and Run the Jewels already most would be happy.

I have no interest in picture this or Lewis capaldi but the rest of the headliners are fine. Snow patrol and chems were predicted here months ago. I'd say Liam Gallagher will get added next announcement and the 100+ acts to add in as well.

This announcement is....grand. I'm indifferent to it. Still buzzing for Rage so I'm still happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

BadTurtle wrote: »
    bring on Picture This!

someone always takes the joke too far

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BaldFigo

No Depeche Mode... 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 19,220 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Headliners Schmedliners.

All the fun is in the lower case acts and there's a shedload more to be announced.

Keep the faith* folks!

*this is the only time you'll hear me quote that f**king god awful band

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Can't help thinking that the big mothership they're building has taken a significant toll on the petty cash...
    Or have they changed their research people who are so unimaginative...
    Or are they serving up what the people ordered?

It definitely does look like a lineup afraid to book from too far afield.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭endainoz

Not great at all for my music taste. Very unimaginative IMO. Like Snow Patrol FFS for a 70,000 person festival that's very poor. It is clear the market they are going after - the younger people and I can see why. But just doesn't fit me and that's grand. There's ATN and B&S for others.

Although Black Country New Road savage. Everyone should check them out who's going!!!

Snow patrol have played cto those crowds and bigger over the years. Not saying I'm a huge fan but they will draw the casual late 20s early 30s crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,220 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

There was a video released of when the next acts will be announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Who are all these stains that have emerged from under their rocks to whine? GFY lads. Foals and Brown headlining the Lekky Arena will be deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Can't help thinking that the big mothership they're building has taken a significant toll on the petty cash...
    Or have they changed their research people who are so unimaginative...
    Or are they serving up what the people ordered?

They're serving up 2 big names for the younger crowd in PT and Lewis Capaldi, those names will draw headlines and a bit of squealing on the FB page

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Wooderson wrote: »
    Who are all these stains that have emerged from under their rocks to whine? GFY lads. Foals and Brown headlining the Lekky Arena will be deadly.

No need...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Of the list, happy with
    RATM, Ian Brown, Run the Jewels , Foals, James Vincent McMorrow, The Magic Gang,The Lathums.

One saving grace is that last year, I ended up seeing 5 or 6 from the second announcement so something to cling on to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Time to finally accept that EP has made its switch to a latter day Oxegen.

It's clear from that line up, and line ups from preceding years, that they've gone for a much younger crowd. The lineup is just big pop acts.

this has been rolled out every year that i've been going, got old a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Being positive: Foals and Ian Brown, happy days!!

Being honest:
    0 from the top tier (pretty unimpressive tbh)
    2 from the 2nd tier (Foals / Ian Brown)
    0 from the 3rd tier (I need to swot up)
    4 from the 4th tier (Aoife Nessa Frances / Black Country, New Road / Romare / Just Mustard)

We've no Pink Moon booked this year, so it'll be easy to sell the tickets on if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

As someone who likes rap & electronic music, hard not to like that announcement, even if there's no one single name that makes me super excited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭rubick

Lads there's a fair chance James won't be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bunk Moreland

Didnt realise you need north of 1000 posts on boards to have an opinion on the lineup. Guess going to the festival for years on end isnt good enough to form an opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I get the undercard argument but even with that dont think it's a great line up. In fairness they sell out months before line up is out so seems like people go regardless. Definitely aiming for a younger audience alright

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement