Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Being positive: Foals and Ian Brown, happy days!!

Being honest:
    0 from the top tier (pretty unimpressive tbh)
    2 from the 2nd tier (Foals / Ian Brown)
    0 from the 3rd tier (I need to swot up)
    4 from the 4th tier (Aoife Nessa Frances / Black Country, New Road / Romare / Just Mustard)

We've no Pink Moon booked this year, so it'll be easy to sell the tickets on if needs be.

Just had a quick listen to most of the artists announced, and apart from the ones I already knew, the only ones that i'll give a bit more of a listen to are Ghum.:confused:

I do like the Chems and Bicep too, but even considering it's the first announcement, it's slim pickings.

I only live a half hour away so i'll hold onto the tickets, to see if it improves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Rfrip wrote: »
    Aw it totally will and we will all be back here after it saying it was an amazing wkend etc
    Its just the line up always brings the moral down for some of us i think doesnt it

we will rebuild:D

oh ya for me the lineup is massive, i love the general atmosphere etc of the festival anyway but at 200-250 quid a ticket i want a good lineup with some top tier headliners and a decent undercard, this year doesnt have that yet (imo anyway). optimistic that some more high and mid level acts will be announced later though as has happened previously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭rubick

Had a quick Wiki look re: The Chems - 2020 is only their 4th appearance at Stradbally (2007, 2011, 2016 & 2020). Feels like more! Not a complaint, their No Geography set is well worth seeing twice (caught it at Glastonbury last year).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MOR316

Saw someone trying to get into music PR, absolutely lambasting all the bands on there.

People are aware of themselves, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,220 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

rubick wrote: »
    Lads there's a fair chance James won't be announced.

They only come, when she's on top [of the billing]

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Happy out for me so far . Chuffed with RATM ,Ian Brown , Foals , Run the Jewels , Chemical Brothers
    And as usual, i have a lot of faith in the Jerry fish tent (now section) to keep me entertained for many hours !

Preliminary pass at the first wave (without some undercard homework) leaves me:

Rage Against The Machine
    The Chemical Brothers
    Bicep
    Foals
    Ian Brown
    Run The Jewels
    Helena Hauff
    Jeff Mills
    Paula Temple
    Annie Mac
    Matador
    Just Mustard

So with a right few areas still to be announced I have more than enough to get on with so far. Seeing two acts on the Main Stage this year (RATM, Chems) will be a first in quite a few years, headliners at that. If there's a bit of jungle/DnB in Trenchtown this year I'll be very content.

Nominate we get a Boardsies Row setup in Eco and walk about like we own the place, as we do in our own heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

rubick wrote: »

Nominate we get a Boardsies Row setup in Eco and walk about like we own the place, as we do in our own heads.

A row as in fisticuffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

i need Ferris to come on and tell me everythings going to be ok

Ferris help a sister out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw the lineup about an hour or two ago and my first thought was this thread was going to descend into chaos, you are all doing surprisingly okay!

But god, that lineup is terrible IMO. Obviously it will appeal to lots of people and in terms of crowds they will draw I'm sure Picture This, RATM, The Chemical Bros, Lewis Capaldi will all draw huge crowds to the main stage. However it is definitely moving towards the teenager crowd and the people who have been going to EP for years are an after thought. Said it at the time but I felt that RATM were booked solely to cater for the older crowd and the rest of the lineup would be a true reflection of who they are trying to appeal to.

There are some good acts there such as Foals, Bicep, The Chemical Brothers, Ian Brown but so much stuff that would be of zero interest to me. I don't even think a second announcement could save it, factor in Body & Soul pulling out and it is grim reading.

You are still guaranteed a fantastic weekend, but if it were me who was going it would definitely be in spite of the lineup rather than because of it. Disappointing stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Lads is bohrandude ok? He is very quiet on this thread!!!!!!

A row as in fisticuffs?
    LOL, no a row of tents. Or boats, depending on encroaching sea-levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Saw the lineup about an hour or two ago and my first thought was this thread was going to descend into chaos, you are all doing surprisingly okay!

But god, that lineup is terrible IMO. Obviously it will appeal to lots of people and in terms of crowds they will draw I'm sure Picture This, RATM, The Chemical Bros, Lewis Capaldi will all draw huge crowds to the main stage. However it is definitely moving towards the teenager crowd and the people who have been going to EP for years are an after thought. Said it at the time but I felt that RATM were booked solely to cater for the older crowd and the rest of the lineup would be a true reflection of who they are trying to appeal to.

There are some good acts there such as Foals, Bicep, The Chemical Brothers, Ian Brown but so much stuff that would be of zero interest to me. I don't even think a second announcement could save it, factor in Body & Soul pulling out and it is grim reading.

You are still guaranteed a fantastic weekend, but if it were me who was going it would definitely be in spite of the lineup rather than because of it. Disappointing stuff.

Reflecting on this a little more, it's a fantastic advertisement for the "other place" I believe. Not trying to start a discussion here, honestly.

The big lad is packing away his Aphex Twin sandwich board for another year, he'll be along once he's locked the shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

expecting great things from Black country, New Road.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

However it is definitely moving towards the teenager crowd and the people who have been going to EP for years are an after thought.

And now every September I sit in my tent
    And I watch the teens pass before me
    I see my old comrades, how proudly they rave
    Reliving their dreams of past lineups

I see hungover boardsies, all twisted and sick
    The forgotten heroes of forgotten picnics
    And the young people ask me, "have they even heard of Lewis Capaldi?"
    And I ask myself the same question

And the Chemicals play Waltzing Matilda
    And the old men still answer the call
    But year after year their numbers get fewer
    Some day no one will picnic at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Poignant, Johnny.

I haven't welled up like this since Stillill told us all that he loved us yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Melvin Benn just said on the radio that this is possibly the best line-up that has ever come to Ireland (not that you would expect him to say anything else).

I would beg to differ....

LowOdour wrote: »
    Melvin Benn just said on the radio that this is possibly the best line-up that has ever come to Ireland (not that you would expect him to say anything else).

I would beg to differ....

I thought there were only 4 symptoms of the virus...new strain?

• Advertisement

LowOdour wrote: »
    He's reading from the Eavis Playbook.
    "Best Glastonbury ever!"

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stephenm1605

showpony1 wrote: »
    Snow Patrol - bizarre front and center headliner.

What in the blue **** is going when we have to ask snow patrol to headline along with picture this.

I almost thought I was seeing things

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yup doing OK mainly stuck on the Covid thread in CA at the moment, lineup alright, a bit meh but can always improve as it does through time.

6193_announcement_launchpartyscreens_04_v2.1.jpg?itok=uaDRLezm

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Also cannot get my head around Rick Astley positioned where he is on the poster. Is he not famous for being a one hit wonder from 30+ years ago?! How is he so high up :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Also cannot get my head around Rick Astley positioned where he is on the poster. Is he not famous for being a one hit wonder from 30+ years ago?! How is he so high up :confused:

Wash your mouth out, he's famous for at least 2 songs and the internet sensation of Rick Rolling.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I see the Chemical Brothers have a FB event for the Saturday night from 11pm-12.30am

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

The second row of that poster is something like a mock up bill you’d see being “leaked”.

How in the name of Christ are Picture This ahead of Foals?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Shocking lineup from top to bottom, RATM included. They ceased to be edgy a long time ago. Stick it to the man after you've watched Picture This bed wet their way through a set, safe that you've paid €250 for your ticket. Really poor lineup. Folk would best hope it gets cancelled.

The second row of that poster is something like a mock up bill you’d see being “leaked”.

How in the name of Christ are Picture This ahead of Foals?!?

How are any of them ahead of Salty Dog...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Yup doing OK mainly stuck on the Covid thread in CA at the moment, lineup alright, a bit meh but can always improve as it does through time.

6193_announcement_launchpartyscreens_04_v2.1.jpg?itok=uaDRLezm

Ah man, that thread ain't good for your health. There's plenty of reliable, and uninvented, information out there on respected news and health service sites. Come back BD, we need you here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement