Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistol red dot.

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Clivej wrote:
    I'm following your post with great interest, and glad to say had not a bother putting my red dot on.
    Meaning?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

I've got sorted. Replies from EGW, SIG, and a few others have yielded no good. Not one of them do a mount for my pistol (based on the replies i got my only option for a proper mount would be a machinist and have one custom made) so i took the mount i had to the garage and bust out the dremel, grinder, sander, etc.

Took some time and a little at a time but i got it working. In short i had to "split" the mount into a two type (i did not cut it, but treated each end like a different mount).

I grinded the front piece in the shape of the slide and the shape the mount had just to remove material and make it thinner. I then ground flat the rear of the mount and took a little off each screw because the entire thing is lower. I now have a good fit, no movement, the slide retention spring in place, thread locker on all screws, the mount plate touching the base plate meaning the screws that were not reaching before do now and then some.

All in all its messy but works. Or at least it goes together, i'll know when i get to the range if it works.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭dc99

good luck - hope its sorted...

Been a "bit of a mare" to be sure, but i knew going into it i might have trouble as everything i've done, down to the holster, is awkward because of the style of the gun.

Its also a savage mockery that i have to jump through these hoops because i cannot go to a shop and simply buy a new mount, or slide, hell even a new gun but some scumbag in Dublin can have a PM-63! :rolleyes:

Cass wrote: »
    Been a "bit of a mare" to be sure, but i knew going into it i might have trouble as everything i've done, down to the holster, is awkward because of the style of the gun.

Its also a savage mockery that i have to jump through these hoops because i cannot go to a shop and simply buy a new mount, or slide, hell even a new gun but some scumbag in Dublin can have a PM-63! :rolleyes:

I feel your pain. Particularly about a new gun. the time wasted is a crying shame. between chasing AGS, applying for it. buying it, waiting for licence, waiting for import licence, waiting for other county export licence, on and on and on...

No parts available - I'm 6 months nearly looking to get a simple set of grips for my Mk IV...I have no problem finding them - the simple mater of getting the vendor to ship 2 pairs of G10 or Timber is unreal! they druggies down town probable have a better choice of firearm than the law abiding joe soap...i gotta stop myself before I start to cry!!

• Advertisement

What grips are you looking at?

As for delivering have you tried posting a nice post on the main forum for any of our american friends to order to and then ship on? I got a full stock for an AR shipped without issues. Now the company i ordered from ship outside the US so not exactly the same problem you're having but if you can find some method to overcome the CONUS issue i cannot see the receiving of it here as being a big one.

Couple of sets from Altamont, Illinois. No shipment to Ireland or even Canada (I have a Son there at the moment...) so have a few options. Don't have anyone in the States though...

The timber ones?

Are there no other types from someone who will ship to Ireland?

The timber ones?

Are there no other types from someone who will ship to Ireland?

Spent ages looking. Hogue have a German (european) location - but the cost seems to be double when I got a quote from them for the same stuff in the US.
    And the range they had on the web was not the complete range as in the US (actually that was a while ago - might check them out again...

Altamont seem to do a nice looking and grippy looking rosewood sets (and some G10 with inserts...)
    The rest of the US - ones that look ok - still reluctant to ship to Ireland :-(

I'll figure something out though...not beaten yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

If it all holds together after a days firing.Send SIG etc some pics and ask them can you have a job in their custom engineering line?As you sorted it out with a dremel and some spit and baler twine engineering.:D
    Amazing how many big companies say things "cant be done.!" Yet are proven wrong by folks like us,tinkering in our basements and tool sheds.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

I owe a small bit of credit to Sharp (the TV company).

Bear with me.

My TV died this time last year and i took it apart to fix it. Couldn't find replacement LED bars (5 of the 12 were gone) so it lies in pieces in my garage. When struggling to find screws for the bodge job on the pisto, mount (nothing on gun sites or ebay, etc) i remembered the numerous types and sizes i took from the TV and after i checked the baggie of screws, well, i now have about 47 spares. :D

Advertisement