Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

gabeeg wrote: »
    Yeah. But it's almost certain to be wrong.

If it's a comfort to you fair enough. Enjoy it.

Almost certain? Great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Cupatae wrote: »
    The point sailed right over your head and you and the panic heads that agree with you are sitting there having a "AHA!! WE GOT HIM" moment... jesus wept. Good man...

Rent free :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Titclamp wrote: »
    Almost certain? Great

Yes TIT CLAMP what an app name.

Yes TIT CLAMP what an app name.

You can read and what attention for noticing words. Wow.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Tootsie, I have a spare one if you want it. It’s about 500ml. I don’t go out that much at all so happy to post it to you for you mum if you want it.

See posts like this remind me that at the heart of this we’re Irish (including our new Irish families who’ve joined from far and wide) and we can and will pull together of needs be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

More words.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,418 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

That’s another hobby horse with me: going to emergency departments for stuff that can be managed by GP or at home. My late mother had same idea. Once, when she was 87 she fell against something in bedroom and “de-gloved” a whole strip of skin from her arm, with it bleeding liberally all over carpet. She was otherwise I injured, but asked me to use my well-stocked first aid drawer to treat it as she had no intention toon if going near a hospital. With my disposable gloves, wound cleansing disinfectant spray and elephant-sized algjnate dressing, I secured the skin (over half length of forearm) back in place. A week later it was 100% healed. We both knew that with the generous (but not dangerous) bleeding, the blood supply was good, and infection unlikely. With a really good first aid kit at home & a bit of health/body awareness, a lot of injuries can be treated at home.

Also, there are the public minor injury clinics such as the one in Smithfield for Dublin city centre. They are can treat minor injuries without going into the maelstrom of a full A&E department, as long as you can attend during regular working hours.
    A lot of people don't seem to be aware of them, not that they will be helpful for coronavirus but for people who suffer such minor injuries during an outbreak it is an important option.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Almost certain? Great

The facts and statistics are only adhered to when they have a shock factor apparently :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Lads give over. Folks are taking an interest. Nobody scaremongering. It’s information. People are tracking it it’s an unprecedented event. It’s news.

Runaways wrote: »
    Lads give over. Folks are taking an interest. Nobody scaremongering. It’s information. People are tracking it it’s an unprecedented event. It’s news.

Not for TitClamp and CupOfTea.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Runaways wrote: »

Runaways haven’t kept up with thread today, how are you feeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,898 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I had Chinese in solidarity with the people of China last night.

Tonight it's a large 16 inch Domino's pizza (loaded meat) in solidarity with the people of Italy.

We can all sacrifice something :)

So did I, but I cooked it myself. ;)

Same for Pizza, but I have leftover Chinese.

The facts and statistics are only adhered to when they have a shock factor apparently :rolleyes::D

Well what countries are left without any infected people in Europe? We can't be the only ones? Even Iceland have one

Not for TitClamp and CupOfTea.

Oooooh please inform me wise one! ;)

cnocbui wrote: »
    So did I, but I cooked it myself. ;)

Same for Pizza, but I have leftover Chinese.

What to do for the Iranians?

Any ideas?

I'm not doing anythin for the Brits in case anyone asks :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

i wouldn't take any heed of that lad, theirs a couple of em floating around this thread. The amount of posts you have somehow equates to how valid your opinion is...:rolleyes:

You ll notice the little click they have soon lol

Well what countries are left without any infected people in Europe? We can't be the only ones? Even Iceland have one

I think Portugal is still ok? We could swap Guinness for Port!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Any ideas?

Zaytoon!

Persian cuisine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

The last update we got said they'd conducted 100 tests over the last month.
    All we can say for certain with numbers like that, is that there's about 100 people in Ireland that didn't have the virus when tested. Some of them may have it now of course.

If you take any comfort from that level of testing, you're mad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/02/28/i-have-coronavirus-so-far-it-isnt-that-bad/#click=https://t.co/28l5tiwLG8

This is the second first person account I’ve read today, I imagine there’ll be more

pc7 wrote: »
    Runaways haven’t kept up with thread today, how are you feeling?

Much better thanks! But my housemate got me serious painkillers and I been chewing them :) and drinking loads of water. So..
    Bit goofy to be honest with you but not running the toilet anymore and nothing like as bad as last night so good for now.

Gave up calling them as a lost cause. Once again told me they were inundated and would call back.

I won’t hold my breath. (No pun intended)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Any ideas?

I'm not doing anythin for the Brits in case anyone asks :pac:

Develop nuclear weapons at private facilities?

Trump's latest coronavirus press conference will be here.

Needless to say have the popcorn at the ready.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

laurah591 wrote: »
    Yes would appear so, although I'm hopefully that CFR will reverse downwards as more cases emerge. Daily fatalities outside China are on the rise for sure

Yes, although on the other hand, it could rise as health systems are swamped.

I feel that this could be a cataclysm; we may lose a lot of our elderly population.

Well as others have said watch for Sepsis it’s very easy miss.

Oooooh please inform me wise one! ;)

Look you are one of the it will be all grand camp who did not care about this a couple of weeks ago.

You have made you're point of view clear fine if you don't like this tread please let other people read and post without calling us scaremongers.

You are free to start a sure it will be all grand thread yourself and I promise I will not try disrupt it.

pc7 wrote: »
    Well as others have said watch for Sepsis it’s very easy miss.

I definitely will. Have to go see my doc soon anyways unrelated so I’ll bring it up. I took pics over there of the antibiotics I had to take for the bits and the cut in case he needs to know. I finished them tho so it’s should be all good fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Cases are not deaths, some here seem to not quite get that.

It's a flu. Lots of people will get it, some will die. No different to many times before. Some years the flu kills more than others.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement