Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭creditcarder

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Like 99% of that posters points

I made the same point :D

He has a point tbh. the only reason this is getting so much attention is the fact that it will forcea lot of people to take a lot of time off work imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Like 99% of that posters points

Rubbish what sample size is that based on.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Sits back and waits for this to be compared to Chernobyl or maybe 9/11.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

tillyfilly wrote: »
    but it wouldn't induce such fear as people think they can avoid cancer if they just avoid a certain way of life or alternatively it is all in the lap of the gods whether they get it or not so worrying about it would be less beneficial, this pandemic of worry is all about fear and control

I was gonna put in the flu but lord knows that d open another tin of worms, what i was getting at is the case by case reporting is making it incredibly dramatic. again i only used cancer as an example to how you could make something seem dramatic with enough reporting and maps statistics and death by death reports.

It suits some people tho they repost these statistics and stuff and it gets ppl hyped, when in reality we haven't even got a case of it in the republic and one in the north.

we arent at the italy point yet so applying that level of hysteria here is pointless but some people love it on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

tillyfilly wrote: »
    my ignorance is obvious, I thought bread grew on trees :pac:

Nah, that would be spaghetti.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/spaghetti-tree-hoax-april-fools_n_56fe89e7e4b083f5c6077279

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,888 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

You probably were. Hand sanitiser is not effective

Of course it isn't, that's why they have it at hospital entrances and such. Meanwhile, I am happy to use it, having read the German researchers results on testing potential disinfecting agents. Take no offense, but I prefer his take on the topic to yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Sits back and waits for this to be compared to Chernobyl or maybe 9/11.

Loads of people died in World War 2 and nobody made a big deal out of that

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Can’t keep up with thread and just seen Italy’s latest update, that’s seriously worrying https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1233803627543908355?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Great to see Mike Pence implement the great American plan to combat the corona..thingy.

ER9cRfDWsAIt8EM?format=jpg&name=medium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I had Chinese in solidarity with the people of China last night.

Tonight it's a large 16 inch Domino's pizza (loaded meat) in solidarity with the people of Italy.

We can all sacrifice something :)

LOL. We have a winner.

This will take some beating

The point sailed right over your head and you and the panic heads that agree with you are sitting there having a "AHA!! WE GOT HIM" moment... jesus wept. Good man...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Where's this hand sanitiser being useless stuff coming from? Anything I've heard says it's no better than washing your hands, but that's a big difference from useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

800,000 die a year from suicide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Where's this hand sanitiser being useless stuff coming from? Anything I've heard says it's no better than washing your hands, but that's a big difference from useless.

some people don't wash their hands correctly, that's useless

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    No joke at all cant be got , surgical spirts is short now as well . Id get some dettol liquid and soap if you need it that will prob be gone soon as well.

Tootsie, I have a spare one if you want it. It’s about 500ml. I don’t go out that much at all so happy to post it to you for you mum if you want it.

Cupatae wrote: »
    The point sailed right over your head and you and the panic heads that agree with you are sitting there having a "AHA!! WE GOT HIM" moment... jesus wept. Good man...

Many of us have been on this subject for the last month nobody is in a panic.

This situation is serious if you find it scary don't read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Titclamp wrote: »
    800,000 die a year from suicide.

****, I hope I don't catch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

I was gonna put in the flu but lord knows that d open another tin of worms, what i was getting at is the case by case reporting is making it incredibly dramatic. again i only used cancer as an example to how you could make something seem dramatic with enough reporting and maps statistics and death by death reports.

It suits some people tho they repost these statistics and stuff and it gets ppl hyped, when in reality we haven't even got a case of it in the republic and one in the north.

we arent at the italy point yet so applying that level of hysteria here is pointless but some people love it on here.

We've no idea if there's an outbreak here. We have hardly done any tests for it

****, I hope I don't catch it.

I'm sure the 800,000 last year said the same thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Tootsie, I have a spare one if you want it. It’s about 500ml. I don’t go out that much at all so happy to post it to you for you mum if you want it.

Great gesture. Kudos.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭creditcarder

pc7 wrote: »
    Can’t keep up with thread and just seen Italy’s latest update, that’s seriously worrying https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1233803627543908355?s=21

Is there any chance that they are picking up antibodies from the normal strain of flue? I doubt it's an exact science tbh

gabeeg wrote: »
    We've no idea if there's an outbreak here. We have hardly done any tests for it

So as it stands now, we officially have 0 confirmed cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Jaysus

Is Trump gonna sh!t talk now?

Tbh its shown me how ridiculously over the top most people are. And jump straight to the worst case scenario.. if people werent told to self isolate these sort of people would prob have hospitals over ran already.

That’s another hobby horse with me: going to emergency departments for stuff that can be managed by GP or at home. My late mother had same idea. Once, when she was 87 she fell against something in bedroom and “de-gloved” a whole strip of skin from her arm, with it bleeding liberally all over carpet. She was otherwise I injured, but asked me to use my well-stocked first aid drawer to treat it as she had no intention toon if going near a hospital. With my disposable gloves, wound cleansing disinfectant spray and elephant-sized algjnate dressing, I secured the skin (over half length of forearm) back in place. A week later it was 100% healed. We both knew that with the generous (but not dangerous) bleeding, the blood supply was good, and infection unlikely. With a really good first aid kit at home & a bit of health/body awareness, a lot of injuries can be treated at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Italys figures make sense in that they were hit with it first so didn't have anything ready when it hit 3 weeks ago so this is the fall out from that. I'd imagine they will actually stabilise over the next week or so (not go exponentially up)

Irans figures make sense when you look at the massive blockaade they are under from the Americans. Also I read somewhere they were exclusively treating this with steroids which was causing complications.

I'm not entirely surprised by any of this to be honest.

That is on the west of the United States by the way not the D.C. in the east with the nasty orange man.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

So as it stands now, we officially have 0 confirmed cases.

Yeah. But it's almost certain to be wrong.

If it's a comfort to you fair enough. Enjoy it.

• Advertisement

Jaysus

Is Trump gonna sh!t talk now?

Wow one person is dead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement