Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Watches the Watchmen (Our Chit Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

banie01 wrote: »
    Only with a pulse report and a specific report of a crime.
    The days of this kinda thing being done as a qt favour are over.

As they should. Don't think anyone should be able to have a guard call round out of the blue because of a private trade that has not yet concluded in a fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,868 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Only with a pulse report and a specific report of a crime.
    The days of this kinda thing being done as a qt favour are over.

he will be getting an official report, itll all be above board. Rather i didnt realise there would be anything they could do.

and its someone that will be interested in doing something about it rather than luck of the draw at a local station.

people shouldnt be able to get away with this sh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 16,569 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Cyrus wrote: »
    he will be getting an official report, itll all be above board.

It can't be above board if you have a pre-existing relationship with the investigating guard?
    We don't get to pick and choose who handles an investigation, and if suggestions were made as to how to ensure such a thing.
    The member in question is wide open to investigation, that would range far further than just the favour.

As they should. Don't think anyone should be able to have a guard call round out of the blue because of a private trade that has not yet concluded in a fraud.

im not sure what point you are making? the guy advertised goods, took payment for them and didnt send them and has not been in touch since.

thats not a private trade and unless im missing something or the guy fancies getting in touch what other conclusion would you draw?

It can't be above board if you have a pre-existing relationship with the investigating guard?
    We don't get to pick and choose who handles an investigation, and if suggestions were made as to how to ensure such a thing.
    The member in question is wide open to investigation, that would range far further than just the favour.

Well ill make sure im all above board then, as long as the defrauding pos gets away with it, thats the main thing :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    i heard from a friend that was scammed buying a watch in the same way and they got their money back after a guard from the fraud department popped around and explained what would happen if the money was not returned

luck of the draw at the local station sucks tbh and having someone with a vested interest involved will help no end, dont forget the guards can ask adverts for the sellers details also im sure
    best of luck with it, i cant stand scammers

thanks, me either.

Yes adverts can give the info to the guards once a crime has been reported.

Which it will be.

Well ill make sure im all above board then, as long as the defrauding pos gets away with it, thats the main thing :rolleyes:

100% if you have been defrauded its most important that whoever did is caught ;)

100% if you have been defrauded its most important that whoever did is caught ;)

what do you mean if, i feel like you are implying that i havent been?

what do you mean if, i feel like you are implying that i havent been?

You really are a touch sensitive aren't you?
    Maybe I should get my knickers in a bunch and ask what you meant by the rolled eyes?

I hadn't actually given the circumstance of your issue much thought, let alone worry if you actually had been scammed.
    But as a quick exercise in heuristics.
    You have yet to receive delivery of or communication from whomever has taken payment.
    You are of course miffed at that.

However, there could be a myriad of reasons apart from criminal for that.
    Injury, theft of phone, illness of seller or family member, other more pressing matters that unfortunately pushed that visit to the post office to the back of the sellers mind.
    Or maybe the seller is a dick, maybe he is a criminal.

Maybe he'd even go so far as to mention co-opting Garda influence to seek a speedy resolution?

im not sure what point you are making? the guy advertised goods, took payment for them and didnt send them and has not been in touch since.

thats not a private trade and unless im missing something or the guy fancies getting in touch what other conclusion would you draw?

Not many. But my point is that until you're sure it's a scam, I'd hold off on getting guards you personally know involved. We've all been in situations before where something like a watch sale takes a back seat to another life event.

Another week or two say and then yeah, it's worth throwing whatever you can at it. I just don't see the major difference in chasing now rather than in a week's time.

Then again, I could be wrong. He could be flying out of the country as we speak.

• Advertisement

You really are a touch sensitive aren't you?
    Maybe I should get my knickers in a bunch and ask what you meant by the rolled eyes?

I hadn't actually given the circumstance of your issue much thought, let alone worry if you actually had been scammed.
    But as a quick exercise in heuristics.
    You have yet to receive delivery of or communication from whomever has taken payment.
    You are of course miffed at that.

However, there could be a myriad of reasons apart from criminal for that.
    Injury, theft of phone, illness of seller or family member, other more pressing matters that unfortunately pushed that visit to the post office to the back of the sellers mind.
    Or maybe the seller is a dick, maybe he is a criminal.

Maybe he'd even go so far as to mention co-opting Garda influence to seek a speedy resolution?

Im not sensitive, im annoyed, and some smart alec trying to suggest that i am mistaken is annoying me more, ok?

some of those could be considered if he hadnt already said that he had posted the item. I dont give a toss whats happened, unless the lad lied to me and then shortly afterwards came a cropper in some fashion there can be no excuse for not taking 5 seconds to send a message to explain himself.

anyway your last sentence confirms your intention to wind me up so lets leave it that.

the listing cant be found on adverts now, has he or she been online ?

no adverts have suspended his account until he resolves the issue.

which is a bit of a pain as i need a screen shot of the ad for the guards.

Not many. But my point is that until you're sure it's a scam, I'd hold off on getting guards you personally know involved. We've all been in situations before where something like a watch sale takes a back seat to another life event.

Another week or two say and then yeah, it's worth throwing whatever you can at it. I just don't see the major difference in chasing now rather than in a week's time.

Then again, I could be wrong. He could be flying out of the country as we speak.

if im selling something to someone ill keep in touch regardless, i have sold 10s of thousands of euro worth of watches and never given anyone a moment to worry about receving it.

this case the 350 wont kill me, im just annoyed and people shouldnt get away with it.

he wont be flying off on the strength of the 350 but if he is id rather have it back.

again, the guy already told me he posted it, its not as if im waiting for him to send it.

adverts support should be able to sort that out for you

cheers have emailed them :)

Im not sensitive, im annoyed, and some smart alec trying to suggest that i am mistaken is annoying me more, ok?

some of those could be considered if he hadnt already said that he had posted the item. I dont give a toss whats happened, unless the lad lied to me and then shortly afterwards came a cropper in some fashion there can be no excuse for not taking 5 seconds to send a message to explain himself.

anyway your last sentence confirms your intention to wind me up so lets leave it that.

My last sentence confirms only what you said previously.
    If you feel I'm on a wind up, feel free to report me.

My last sentence confirms only what you said previously.
    If you feel I'm on a wind up, feel free to report me.

ive told you straight i think you are on the wind up, but given we arent school kids ill just say it to you rather than "tell on you".

ive told you straight i think you are on the wind up, but given we arent school kids ill just say it to you rather than "tell on you".

Like I said earlier, I'm not but you keep going on assuming that I am :D
    As for being schoolkids, for all I know one of us may well be.

Not a bother to me in the slightest.

Like I said earlier, I'm not but you keep going on assuming that I am :D
    As for being schoolkids, for all I know one of us may well be.

Not a bother to me in the slightest.

you claim not to be on the wind up and then have another go :D

class act.

you claim not to be on the wind up and then have another go :D

class act.

The only person wound up on here is you.
    Understandably so too, in fairness.(at least with regards the possible loss)

It's never a comfortable situation to be left wondering if one has been scammed.

No-one else is, you are projecting whatever you are feeling onto me.
    From your initial eye roll, to your complaining about what I'd implied.
    Let's be clear, I didn't imply anything but you leaped on your perceived inference.

Then rather acknowledge that you may have knee-jerked, you keep thinking every reply is a further wind up and even called me classy!

I wish I was, unfortunately I use my fork in my right hand :(

Have a cup of tea, a deep breath, a **** or whatever else you may need to do to calm down.

There's nothing inflammatory or Wumming about anything that's been posted towards you.

If you think there is, well I've explained it as well as can be and if you still feel like ire or wind up is directed towards you?

That's completely your own problem.

The only person wound up on here is you.
    Understandably so too, in fairness.(at least with regards the possible loss)

It's never a comfortable situation to be left wondering if one has been scammed.

No-one else is, you are projecting whatever you are feeling onto me.
    From your initial eye roll, to your complaining about what I'd implied.
    Let's be clear, I didn't imply anything but you leaped on your perceived inference.

Then rather acknowledge that you may have knee-jerked, you keep thinking every reply is a further wind up and even called me classy!

I wish I was, unfortunately I use my fork in my right hand :(

Have a cup of tea, a deep breath, a **** or whatever else you may need to do to calm down.

There's nothing inflammatory or Wumming about anything that's been posted towards you.

If you think there is, well I've explained it as well as can be and if you still feel like ire or wind up is directed towards you?

That's completely your own problem.

im not wondering, im sure of it, as ive stated a number of times, you are the one intent on making excuses for the scammer.

In your last post you made the inference that one of us might be a school kid, given that you should know if you yourself are the inference is that you think i may be.

You can protest your bona fides all you want, but if thats not acting the arse what is it?

• Advertisement

im not wondering, im sure of it, as ive stated a number of times, you are the one intent on making excuses for the scammer.

In your last post you made the inference that one of us might be a school kid, given that you should know if you yourself are the inference is that you think i may be.

You can protest your bona fides all you want, but if thats not acting the arse what is it?

I'm not, your overly sensitive.
    One of us may well be, I have a school bag by my feet and have just left the company of a lecturer of a group of students.

Fits the description of schoolkid doesn't it?

Can I guess that you sing Disney songs and have an innate ability to control animals?

I'm not, your overly sensitive.
    One of us may well be, I have a school bag by my feet and have just left the company of a lecturer of a group of students.

Fits the description of schoolkid doesn't it?

Can I guess that you sing Disney songs and have an innate ability to control animals?

You’ve lost me

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭micks_address

Anyone considered that the guys adverts account could have been hacked?

come on now stop trolling, it isnt helping the situation

That was my one and only attempt at it tho OG.

Still, news to me that Cyrus isn't an Emperor! Rather a slightly lower royal :)

Advice was originally offered in good faith and they got upset and started with the allegations.

At least now he can feel vindicated.

Anyone considered that the guys adverts account could have been hacked?

Potentially

I guess whoever’s bank account it is will have some questions to answer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭emo72

whos good for seiko in dublin? i like the look of the SPB125 but would like to try it on. would like to get a deal also though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

gXkCntH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Just read an article on a bloke that was posting goods on Done Deal and not sending them. Court case was in the Fingal Independent.

Follow up with the Guards and they will do their job.

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

How did he think he would get away with it
    Yeah special type of stupid especially using his own account for people to lodge money into

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

emo72 wrote: »
    whos good for seiko in dublin? i like the look of the SPB125 but would like to try it on. would like to get a deal also though!

Nice watch but it's a Sumo so no chance of it appearing in a store in Dublin. As for getting a good deal this will be anywhere between $800-$1500 and when they sell out values will climb like all the other blacked out Seiko's.

Sumo got an upgraded movement the 6R35 with a 70 hour power reserve, so the whole range has gone up in price. There is even a nice looking solar chronograph Sumo SSC757 and SSC759.

Advertisement