Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Watches the Watchmen (Our Chit Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

380.028 for me, the 2 hander is too minimalist imho. I just looked them up and the moonphase one looks AMAZING

• Registered Users Posts: 8,786 ✭✭✭893bet

380.028 for me, the 2 hander is too minimalist imho. I just looked them up and the moonphase one looks AMAZING

Reference for the moonphase?

Yeah the two hander might be a little too far even for me.

893bet wrote: »
    Reference for the moonphase?

Yeah the two hander might be a little too far even for me.

Rather lovely! I hardly need both kidneys do I?

I think you should get one and flip it quickly!

893bet wrote: »
    Rather lovely! I hardly need both kidneys do I?

I think you should get one and flip it quickly!

Sure there is one on Joomashop for less than 20k https://www.jomashop.com/a-lange-sohne-watch-384-026.html not far off the other three handers.

Such beautiful watches, a class act. I would rather that than a Calatrava any day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Sure there is one on Joomashop for less than 20k https://www.jomashop.com/a-lange-sohne-watch-384-026.html not far off the other three handers.

Such beautiful watches, a class act. I would rather that than a Calatrava any day.

You’re getting awfully close to current ref Lange 1 (c24) prices there. Which is what I spent an hour looking at before bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Have to say I tried on a calatrava in boodles last week

It’s something else in the gold ,

Pricey now tho !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Cyrus wrote: »
    Have to say I tried on a calatrava in boodles last week

It’s something else in the gold ,

Pricey now tho !!

The only one I fancied was the 5227, which is outrageously priced at 32k. Also having tried it on I found it a bit big, also not keen on that greenish dial. I hope the rumours of them changing design direction are true. The 5212 is supposed to be a glimpse going forward. More Grand Seiko in style, in the hopes of attracting younger clientele.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

+1000. I agree about the two hander. They always look like something is missing.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I might have missed this if discussed before.

The Facebook page "Watch fans UK & Ireland" last 2 posts are based on topics discussed here in the last day or two. Who is it here that runs that page?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It wouldn't be the first time Boards posts have been used as content elsewhere. It used to happen quite a bit. Any links S? I'm not on arsebook so...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Wibbs wrote: »
    It wouldn't be the first time Boards posts have been used as content elsewhere. It used to happen quite a bit. Any links S? I'm not on arsebook so...

https://www.facebook.com/767104250311424/posts/1083721525316360/

https://www.facebook.com/767104250311424/posts/1083766625311850/

Coincidence I think, I have nothing to do with that FB forum does anyone on here

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

This is the homage owners plight...the last person you every want to meet is a person wearing the watch your homages is made to look like, and they are the only person that will even notice your watch in the first place. And if you have the proper watch and complement a homage by accident, you will feel embarrassed that your shaming the owner with your longer watch penis...catch 22 nobody wins..cringe all round.

Well, that's not true. Maybe if you wore a homage yourself. But of course you can't say how an other person would feel.

As for noticing watches, someone could wear a €60 fake and Sub and it'd be impossible to tell by a glance on someone's wrist. It's impossible to tell a quartz vs mechanical movement if someone is walking past. Never mind the finer details

Here we go again.....I know its a moonwatch but the price need not be stratospheric pie in the sky at the same time.

https://www.adverts.ie/dress/stunning-2017-omega-speedmaster-professional-the-moonwatch/19970015

• Registered Users Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭banie01

he will be getting an official report, itll all be above board. Rather i didnt realise there would be anything they could do.

and its someone that will be interested in doing something about it rather than luck of the draw at a local station.

people shouldnt be able to get away with this sh!t

Did you get this resolved?
    Hopefully you did? To your satisfaction?

banie01 wrote: »
    Did you get this resolved?
    Hopefully you did? To your satisfaction?

seller is still claiming he posted it, but has no proof of postage, lost the receipt.

He is trying to claim from an post but i dont see how that works.

latest is he is promising to refund on the 26th when he gets paid.

Guards are involved and have spoken to him.

so short answer is no.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭micks_address

Here we go again.....I know its a moonwatch but the price need not be stratospheric pie in the sky at the same time.

https://www.adverts.ie/dress/stunning-2017-omega-speedmaster-professional-the-moonwatch/19970015

Out of interest - what do you think would be a a decent price? 2800?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Is he has no receipt or tracking number an post won’t entertain him

thats what i have said to him,

somehow its my problem that he is allegedly out of pocket because the phone is gone and becuase he owes me back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭banie01

thats what i have said to him,

somehow its my problem that he is allegedly out of pocket because the phone is gone and becuase he owes me back.

Hopefully he will cop on and refund you ASAP.

Out of interest - what do you think would be a a decent price? 2800?

2017 watch worn good condition around €2600 - €3000 i would have thought.

seller is still claiming he posted it, but has no proof of postage, lost the receipt.

latest is he is promising to refund on the 26th when he gets paid.

Guards are involved and have spoken to him.

so short answer is no.

Bummer, I once bought a phone on adverts, good price and works fine. Unfortunatly on a trip to the UK I discovered the IMEI had been blocked on the UK networks as it was stolen. I was stranded without a phone un the kip that is luton airport.

You paid for a phone, thats the contract. Everything else is his problem.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Not sure it does work - I tried to make a claim before, and like the original package, the claim disappeared into a black hole. And I had the receipt and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Mods need to ban you from posting on this subject.
    Why can’t you understand that anyone can set whatever price they want and it’s up to the paying public to decide if they want to buy or not. Are you the dentist? If your fillings were too expensive your customers can go somewhere else.
    It’s none of your business if the watch is set at €100 or €100,000. Put your bid in and see what they say or go to an AD.

shutup wrote: »
    Mods need to ban you from posting on this subject.
    Why can’t you understand that anyone can set whatever price they want and it’s up to the paying public to decide if they want to buy or not. Are you the dentist? If your fillings were too expensive your customers can go somewhere else.
    It’s none of your business if the watch is set at €100 or €100,000. Put your bid in and see what they say or go to an AD.

I purchased one a few weeks ago so I am very familiar with the prices, and while I do appreciate your concern, just at they can price however they want ( and I dont ruin their adds) I can post moaning about it if I want too also, and not have people thinking that is what they are actually worth, and become the next sucker on adverts, they are a popular watch for guys to ask about and purchase and this is a discussion forum.

Good talk, lets do it again soon....

Wait were you not moaning about adverts a few days ago yourself on the selling forum? I dont see the difference.
    shutup wrote: »
    “Will you deliver to Mulligar?”. There’s a special place in hell for that guy

Irish sellers far overvalue their watches and I suspect are overpaying a lot of at ADs for brands which discount a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭micks_address

Keep it country lads

Keep it country lads
    Indeed. Can we dial this kinda thing right back please. Agree to disagree and move on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

I remember some lads posting before they'd love an Orient Bambino in 36mm as opposed to the 40mm they've been making.

1. They recently came out with a men's 36mm I think
    2. However a very interesting one I found from some forums is they have been making the ladies Bambino in 36mm for years and a lot of men have bought that as the colours and style tend to look very unisex so that's an option

Advertisement