Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Neither dissappointing nor overwhelmingly good for me

Rufus Wainright, Cate le Bon, Little Dragon, Shame, Goldfrapp, Jarvis and Mura Masa will all be worth checking out.

Equally, Im kinda happy that it isnt overpacked with must see acts, which can make clashes and sprinting from pillar to post a bit annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Quite disappointing. With the exception of Goldfrapp and Groove Armada, that's a pretty dismal line up.

Saw Lauryn Hill at Glastonbury and she was rubbish. Very obviously didn't want to be there.

Saw her at Mad Cool, same story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Mixed feelings, saw Lauryn Hill in Cork last summer and she was mixed, great talent but terrible performer and attitude, Spent most of the gig gesturing angrily at the sound guys for reasons unbeknownst to anyone but herself.

I probably would go see a good chunk of the acts playing (Iggy, Groove Armada, King Gizzard, Floating Points, Jarvis, Lankum and Girl Band) but wouldn't be excited about any of them really apart from the Irish acts. It feels like quite a misjudged booking really, a lot of acts whose moments have decidedly passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I think the lineup is fairly good apart from the headliners, who are pretty weak. On first glance there is plenty of good electronic music, good bands too although a couple I'll have to look into more.

Lauryn Hill feels like a particularly weak headliner. I'm sure some people will like to see her but not one that will appeal to most, Mura Masa played two years ago and played Forbiddem Fruit last year.

What plenty good electronic music from the line up are you interested in?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭GentleHumour

From a quick glance - that line up is, to be kind, underwhelming.

Applying the ‘would I pay to see (m)any these acts standalone’ test; I’m struggling.

Disappointed. Particularly after spending the weekend speculating after the covered up poster “announcement”. I will never learn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Wooderson wrote: »
    Gizz playing down there is frustrating.

Why so?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Would recommend checking out Oscar Jerome btw - jazzy soul type singer from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭rubick

More than happy with that so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

I think it's a very, very decent line up. I'm not a main stage person, never was. But there's 14 acts there that I'm counting that I'd see straight off, and there's a good list of "others" that I haven't heard before, but will check out. This is my type of lineup!
    From top to bottom (by A4 only) Rufus Wainwright, Dry Cleaning, Sinead O'Brien, Working Men's Club, Shame, Floating Points, Girl Band, Cate Le Bon, Quinn Christopherson, Jarvis, King Gizzard, Pow Pig, Agnes Obel, Marika Hackman...is that 14 yet?
    Sorry to buck the main trend here, but there's some really, really good "alternative" (used in the english word sense) music here. I'm very happy indeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I'm looking forward to DJ Koze in any case. Almost didn't see him squeezed in over there on the right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭RINO87

Groove armada and king Gizzard I'm very happy with.
    Lankum are amazing and I cannot get enough of seeing them live.
    Floating points, Mano le Tough and DJ Koze, happy with that too.
    Mura Masa as others said is a bit of a lazy booking....I enjoyed the show on the first year, if nothing else is on I'd go...
    Christian Loeffler played some random Sunday night on cork last year and he wasn't great... Maybe wrong atmosphere I dunno but I'd give him another shot.
    Lauren Hill for me is a bit of a let down... Going by her antics at Glasto and Cork last year, POD would want to be very very on the ball to even get her on stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Very underwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Are the installment plan tickets sold out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Happy enough - groove armada are good fun live

I just hope they have a decent sub ready for Lauryn if she decides not to come last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Would recommend checking out Oscar Jerome btw - jazzy soul type singer from the UK.

I think he was the very first act to play ATN? Certainly the first one I saw, 2018, in one of the tents, my first can in hand, sun blazing outside. I really enjoyed him. Played EP the same year on Body and Soul main stage, set ruined somewhat by a shower of show boating frisbee types. Anyway, he's very good. Well worth a look. Lovely fella too, had a quick chat with him in Curraghmore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Are the installment plan tickets sold out yet?

They go on sale tomorrow but are "very limited" according to the press release.
    ** TICKETS ON SALE NOW**

General & Family Ticket Release: Tickets are on sale now via Ticketmaster Ireland & usual outlets priced at €220.00 including booking fee. See here

All Together Now is again strictly over 21s. Children between the ages of 12 and under can attend free of charge, accompanied by a parent with a family ticket. General & Family Campervan passes are SOLD OUT

INSTALMENT PLAN

Very limited four series Instalment Plan tickets go on sale Tuesday 25 Feb at 9AM . Meaning you can get yourself a General or Family Weekend Ticket to All Together Now and spread the cost across four payments. General & Family Weekend Tickets priced - €55.00 per month for 4 withdrawals. On the following dates:

1st payment - Day of purchase

2nd payment - 27th March 2020

3rd payment - 24th April 2020

Final Payments - 29th May 2020

Please note that instalment tickets are subject to availability. Instalment tickets terms & conditions apply

Maximum of x4 festival tickets per customer on General Sale. Maximum of x1 campervan pass per customer on General Sale

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

I think it's a very, very decent line up. I'm not a main stage person, never was. But there's 14 acts there that I'm counting that I'd see straight off, and there's a good list of "others" that I haven't heard before, but will check out. This is my type of lineup!
    From top to bottom (by A4 only) Rufus Wainwright, Dry Cleaning, Sinead O'Brien, Working Men's Club, Shame, Floating Points, Girl Band, Cate Le Bon, Quinn Christopherson, Jarvis, King Gizzard, Pow Pig, Agnes Obel, Marika Hackman...is that 14 yet?
    Sorry to buck the main trend here, but there's some really, really good "alternative" (used in the english word sense) music here. I'm very happy indeed...

Yep, I've 17 already on the list. 18 if I include Oscar Jerome, which seems like an interesting suggestion from boomshakalaka

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

maximoose wrote: »
    DIIV is a nice surprise.

A few things I'd like to see but overall not that keen, yet. See how it fleshes out.
    Yeah Diiv and King Gizzard are the only fresh acts that afaik havent played a festival here in recent years. Lankum and Shame will be ones to catch too.
    Goldfrapp, Floating Points and Little Dragon all good but they have been here lots in the past 5 years.

Really buzzed for King Gizz it has to be said

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

roll wrote: »
    Yep, I've 17 already on the list. 18 if I include Oscar Jerome, which seems like an interesting suggestion from boomshakalaka

I might go back and check for a few more down the back of the couch...I can't lose this fight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Happy enough with it thus far. Have seen (and really enjoyed) groove armada, goldfrapp, little dragon and mura masa before, so looking forward to them. Would check out Sinead O’Connor and Lauren Hill for the nostalgia. Watched a bit of Iggy pop at a festival in Belgium many moons ago, amazing showman but I don’t know many of his songs. Worth a look though.

Looking forward to doing some spotify research on the stuff I don’t know. Always find one or two acts that become must sees having never heard of them before!!

There’s also plenty more to be announced! Can’t wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

They've got Marika Hackman and Tandem Felix fairly buried down the end of the list - two of the best names on there IMO.

There's a handful of very good acts in there tbf - it's just the top few lines that are little under-whelming IMO. Girl Band and Iggy Pop are both great bookings but had been announced previously so that would take the wind out of the sails a little when looking at this list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Watched a bit of Iggy pop at a festival in Belgium many moons ago, amazing showman but I don’t know many of his songs. Worth a look though.

If you haven't you should check out the Stooges, I presume he'll do a few of them. Their album Raw Power is one my favourite albums ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Why so?

Selfishly i wanted to see a dedicated show in Dublin this year. We were skipped last time around. Theyre the standout on the ATN lineup announcement for me.

Wooderson wrote: »
    Selfishly i wanted to see a dedicated show in Dublin this year. We were skipped last time around. Theyre the standout on the ATN lineup announcement for me.

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I guess if you had never seen any of these acts before, this would be a stellar line up.

For me, its still ok. Noting really "wow" in there. Groove Armada, Goldfrapp, Iggy, Mura Masa all put on good shows. Shame are a good live band and should have their second album out before this. Plenty of other good stuff in there also if a little lacking in imagination.

Edit.. but Lauren bleedin Hill ... wtaf?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I think he was the very first act to play ATN? Certainly the first one I saw, 2018, in one of the tents, my first can in hand, sun blazing outside. I really enjoyed him. Played EP the same year on Body and Soul main stage, set ruined somewhat by a shower of show boating frisbee types. Anyway, he very good. Well worth a look. Lovely fella too, had a quick chat with him in Curraghmore.

Totally forgot about this! This must be how I "discovered" Oscar Jerome so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

I wasn’t going back, I swore. But really excited to see Groove Armada announced. Just don’t know if it’s worth the potential traffic hell and the lack of other good stuff. Sunday was incredibly light and boring last year. Arghhh

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

think it's a decent start. Haven't been listening to a lot of new music so I'm glad to know a few of the acts, even if I've seen a lot of them aleady.. was really hoping for Jaris Cocker last year so I'm glad to see him on the bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭rubick

Jarvis was at EP last year but clashed with (I think) Sons of Kemet. Really glad he's on the bill.
    This will be my 4th time seeing King Gizzard and I cannot wait :D

Advertisement