Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy baby aborted at 15 weeks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

volchitsa wrote: »
    Maybe you should just make your point rather than asking questions and then saying you aren't interested in the answers.

Not a question it's a guestimation.

Stop trying to force people to be other than who they are. I'm entitled to say what's correlative to what's being spouted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Titclamp wrote: »
    Yeah raping children might be the same as laughing in your head
    We were just listing off things that were popular in ancient Greece and Rome.

Did you have a point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Hopefully they will legalise murder for the craic

Not possible, if it's legal it isn't murder and if it's murder it isn't legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,052 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Not a question it's a guestimation.

Stop trying to force people to be other than who they are. I'm entitled to say what's correlative to what's being spouted.

What is?

(I don't understand what the rest of your post is about either.)

seamus wrote: »
    We were just listing off things that were popular in ancient Greece and Rome.

Did you have a point?

That the Romans or Greeks aren't really a good barometer for what's good morality.

That's true. They banned abortion and allowed slavery, rape of female servants or slaves and of course rape within marriage, and paedophilia. We've done pretty much the opposite in all of those instances.

I think that's a good thing. Don't you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That the Romans or Greeks aren't really a good barometer for what's good morality.
    OK, thanks for that.

Nobody said they were, but your contribution is valued.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭uptherebels

Crock Rock wrote: »
    Both are equally abhorrent acts.

Your opinion of them doesn't make both scenarios the same. Logically or otherwise.

Besides, abortion is being used as a contraceptive by some.

Contraception prevents a pregnancy occuring. So no abortion can't be used as a contraceptive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Since when are homo sapiens considered good?

Their just are.

Are you deliberately trying to derail the thread?

Well you can't trust daft humans to know how to use contraception properly.

We can get rid of that for you courtesy of the HSE

Even when used properly there is still a failure rate. If everybody used contraception perfectly everytime, there would still be abortions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Even when used properly there is still a failure rate. If everybody used contraception perfectly everytime, there would still be abortions.

Abortion is good at selective breeding though.

Should be free to them on the dole.

Mod

Banned.

Was that a difficult procedure to develop such an intellectual input there?

Id love your oxygen starved brain

When you actually provide something from an intellectual stand point, you might actually get answers back to meet the same level, but your standard so far indicates that might not be possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Abortion is good at selective breeding though.

Should be free to them on the dole.

Pretty sure it is. You'll be happy about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Graces7 wrote: »
    Before abortion, there is a human life

After abortion, no life

And that stage of life is where we were all at at one time. Without it we do not exist.

It is the ultimate betrayal.

Betrayal? Is trying to deny women the HPV, or children the MMR, not a greater betrayal? Is asking a woman to carry a baby that has no chance of life outside the womb being kind or Christian towards her? Is bringing a child into a world of nothing but suffering doing them some sort of a favour? If the pregnancy destroys the life of the mother will you be rolling up to support her and the child with something other than kind words?

I agree with the before and after,& life no life bit but there's more at play than this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Abortion has been around as long as humans have been.

So has murder and rape.

Doesn't make it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

So has murder and rape.

Doesn't make it right.

That's a matter of opinion, murder and rape are in no way comparable to abortion.
    Regardless, I was answering a question about when abortion was "invented", I never commented either way on whether its a wrong or right decision - that's a decision I'd leave up to each individual.
    For some its right, for some its wrong. Each choice is valid and I respect that.
    I don't assume to speak for others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

So has murder and rape.

Doesn't make it right.

Forcing a woman to remain pregnant against her will is also wrong, so we as a society changed that and now women have the right to choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭political analyst

Considering that the truth about the deaths of babies at Portlaoise hospital came out, surely, Holles Street hospital management know that stalling on the truth about the abortion is untenable. If doctors didn't inform the baby's parents of the existence of a test that would have been conclusively determined whether or not the baby had a fatal abnormality, then that has to be medical negligence.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Titclamp do not post in this thread again.

Re-opened.

Considering that the truth about the deaths of babies at Portlaoise hospital came out, surely, Holles Street hospital management know that stalling on the truth about the abortion is untenable. If doctors didn't inform the baby's parents of the existence of a test that would have been conclusively determined whether or not the baby had a fatal abnormality, then that has to be medical negligence.

As far as I'm aware the issue is the parents for whatever reason didn't wait for the results of the final test. The doctors made a recommendation based on the results of a test with a 0.15% of a false positive. There is no issue with or allegation of information being withheld about tests

• Advertisement

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Betrayal? Is trying to deny women the HPV,

Like men and boys were and still denied it, despite the fact that it protects males from cancer?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,284 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Like men and boys were and still denied it, despite the fact that it protects males from cancer?

so you are in favour of the HPV vaccine then? and the hpv vaccine has been offered to boys since last september.

Nope it's available for boys since late 2019 free of charge in first year

https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immunisation/pubinfo/schoolprog/hpv/hpv-vaccination-programme/

so you are in favour of the HPV vaccine then? and the hpv vaccine has been offered to boys since last september.

Do you concede it was grossly unfair not to have offered it in the first place?

Do you not consider that your post claiming it is not available is false?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Betrayal? Is trying to deny women the HPV, or children the MMR, not a greater betrayal? Is asking a woman to carry a baby that has no chance of life outside the womb being kind or Christian towards her? Is bringing a child into a world of nothing but suffering doing them some sort of a favour? If the pregnancy destroys the life of the mother will you be rolling up to support her and the child with something other than kind words?

I agree with the before and after,& life no life bit but there's more at play than this.

I at no time ever suggested that women be "denied" any vaccine. I saw that the antivaxx thread misquoted what I did say and did not alter it when I corrected them so very rarely post there now.

What I did was agree with other posters that mothers be allowed to decide for themselves about the HPV as there have been very serious side effects. Maybe check that for yourself? They are still talking about that on the thread by the way. And I never mentioned ever the MMR vaccine.

This other issues you raise were not mentioned by me.

My entire concern is with killing by abortion a baby . Which is wrong; period.

Closing down on this thread.

Bye!

No. It wasn't offered for similar reasons to why the German Measles (Rubella) vaccine wasn't offered to boys when I was a teenager, while girls were systematically vaccinated - was that grossly unfair too?

Or an attempt to balance out risks and benefits according to the facts available at the time the decision was made?

Graces7 wrote: »
    I at no time ever suggested that women be "denied" any vaccine. I saw that the antivaxx thread misquoted what I did say and did not alter it when I corrected them so very rarely post there now.

What I did was agree with other posters that mothers be allowed to decide for themselves about the HPV as there have been very serious side effects. Maybe check that for yourself? They are still talking about that on the thread by the way. And I never mentioned ever the MMR vaccine.

This other issues you raise were not mentioned by me.

My entire concern is with killing by abortion a baby . Which is wrong; period.

Closing down on this thread.

Bye!

Sorry if it's not what you meant but I read the thread and you came across as very forcefully against life saving vaccination and posted links to dubious science on the non existent side affects plus casting aspersions on women contracting cervical cancer. I need not check it again as I only read through the thread this morning.

As a parent and grandparent I have faced the joy of healthy births and the agony of devastating complications in pregnancy. I am also a committed Christian. I have also seen close family affected by cervical cancer and, now preventable, childhood disease.

My point is that if life is so sacred then it applies equally to the unborn and the born. "Period" all you like but abortion is unfortunately sometimes for the best of the mother, the baby, and other family members.

Goodbye. I found the ignore option today and may employ it for a while.

I didn't raise the term 'betrayal' but was replying to another poster who threw it in for dramatic affect and in another context.
    But, now that you raise it, are you equating abortion and the delay in giving males the HPV? Hardly comparable if abortion is such a vile act and as the vaccine (following further tests to check it affectedness in males) is now readily available to all. You're well out of date on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

They aren't denied it. Gardasil 9 is approved for males ages 9 through 26. Anything beyond that is not medically approved.

Advertisement