Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy baby aborted at 15 weeks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Abortion has been around as long as humans have been.
    There will always be a percentage of women who cannot or will not remain pregnant, for their own personal reasons.
    It isn't a new or modern concept at all.

An links to it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Titclamp wrote: »
    Wh9 invented abortion anyways?

Abortion has probably existed for as long as women were aware of what pregnancy was. It's mentioned in humanity's most ancient writings according to wiki:
    The Vedic and smrti laws of India reflected a concern with preserving the male seed of the three upper castes; and the religious courts imposed various penances for the woman or excommunication for a priest who provided an abortion. In the epic Ramayana, there is description that the practice of abortion was being done by the surgeons or barbers in those days.

The only evidence of the death penalty being mandated for abortion in the ancient laws is found in Assyrian Law, in the Code of Assura, c. 1075 BCE; and this is imposed only on a woman who procures an abortion against her husband's wishes. The first recorded evidence of induced abortion is from the Egyptian Ebers Papyrus in 1550 BCE.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

An links to it

Links to what? do you have a genuine question that you want answered?

An links to it

I always wonder why some posters post at length about a subject they clearly have a strong opinion about but appear to be unable to google for information for themselves. I assume it's a deliberate strategy.

volchitsa wrote: »
    Abortion has probably existed for as long as women were aware of what pregnancy was. It's mentioned in humanity's most ancient writings according to wiki:

Why was there such outrage then as now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

It was widely accepted in ancient Greece and Rome.

I always wonder why some posters post at length about a subject they clearly have a strong opinion about but appear to be unable to google for information for themselves. I assume it's a deliberate strategy.

Yes its deliberately to get information.

An links to it

Look it up. You obviously have access to the internet.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    It was widely accepted in ancient Greece and Rome.

So was pedophilia

Yes its deliberately to get information.

No it's obviously not. You'd google it yourself if that was what you wanted.

• Advertisement

And what is it so ? Its not what I wanted its why I asked so I didn't have to search endlessly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

The poster you are responding to has all the hallmarks of a WUM.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

An links to it

Its widely accepted common knowledge that abortion has always existed.
    More ancient methods involved ingesting poisons, then coat hangers, back street surgeries and throwing themselves down the stairs.
    In more mordern times, we travelled to the UK to avail of competant medical care over there.

So long as there are women becoming pregnant, there will be women needing a termination. It has always been this way and it will continue to be this way, whether its illegal or whether its regulated.
    This is a fact of life.

If you truly want to learn more, google is your friend.

Why is asking questions so irritating for some?

So was pedophilia

So?

From reading a couple of threads here there are a few people who are vigorously opposed to abortion, and write about the sanctity of life, and yet are posting against vaccinations that save lives and prevent agony for women and children. Double standards, to say the least.

Its widely accepted common knowledge that abortion has always existed.
    More ancient methods involved ingesting poisons, then coat hangers, back street surgeries and throwing themselves down the stairs.
    In more mordern times, we travelled to the UK to avail of competant medical care over there.

So long as there are women becoming pregnant, there will be women needing a termination. It has always been this way and it will continue to be this way, whether its illegal or whether its regulated.
    This is a fact of life.

If you truly want to learn more, google is your friend.

Google isn't always the most reliable source is it.

Why is asking questions so irritating for some?

Because you could very easily google these things if you were truly interested in learning. This thread isn't your personal researching service.
    We aren't here to provide you with information you could very easily find for yourself.

Google isn't always the most reliable source is it.

And boards.ie is?

Because you could very easily google these things if you were truly interested in learning. This thread isn't your personal researching service.
    We aren't here to provide you with information you could very easily find for yourself.

I'm not really interested in learning about the history of abortion. Why I asked for links.

Well if there's no real information then its just opinion.

• Advertisement

And boards.ie is?[/quote

Tries to sound like it is.

I'm not really interested in learning about the history of abortion. Why I asked for links.

Well if there's no real information then its just opinion.

You don't seem to know what you're looking for at all. If you truly want to learn I'm sure you are more than capable of conducting a google search, finding impartial websites isn't particularly difficult either.
    Best of luck.

You don't seem to know what you're looking for at all. If you truly want to learn I'm sure you are more than capable of conducting a google search, finding impartial websites isn't particularly difficult either.
    Best of luck.

You can be apathetic about a subject and still ask a question.

Its boring anyways. Brings out the neuroticism in everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Before abortion, there is a human life

After abortion, no life

And that stage of life is where we were all at at one time. Without it we do not exist.

It is the ultimate betrayal.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Before abortion, there is a human life

After abortion, no life

And that stage of life is where we were all at at one time. Without it we do not exist.

It is the ultimate betrayal.

We were all eggs and sperm too, but so what? I really don't get this "betrayal" thing - is it betrayal to use contraception to stop babies who would otherwise be conceived?

Isn't it more important to be able to care for those babies that are actually born than to just bring as many as possible of them unthinkingly into the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

So was pedophilia
    So was bathing, watching plays, playing sports, debating, eating, drinking, laughing.

What's your point?

We were all eggs and sperm too, but so what? I really don't get this "betrayal" thing - is it betrayal to use contraception to stop babies who would otherwise be conceived?

Isn't it more important to be able to care for those babies that are actually born than to just bring as many as possible of them unthinkingly into the world?

So is it harder to care for a baby noe than say 200 years ago?

seamus wrote: »
    So was bathing, watching plays, playing sports, debating, eating, drinking, laughing.

What's your point?

Yeah raping children might be the same as laughing in your head

So is it harder to care for a baby noe than say 200 years ago?

Maybe you should just make your point rather than asking questions and then saying you aren't interested in the answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Abortion is legal.

Fair is fair.

Whether that's at two weeks or fifteen weeks, so be it.

Advertisement