Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy baby aborted at 15 weeks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

BTW, the referendum wasn't to legalise abortion on demand.

We don't have referenda to pass legislation here. That's done in the two tiers of the Oireachtas. This was done AFTER the referendum. At most we'd have an advisory referendum to see if the people would want the legislation.

Any future government could easily reverse the legislation permitting abortion on demand. Personally, I'd LOVE to see this.

Crock Rock wrote: »
    BTW, the referendum wasn't to legalise abortion on demand.

We don't have referenda to pass legislation here. That's done in the two tiers of the Oireachtas. This was done AFTER the referendum. At most we'd have an advisory referendum to see if the people would want the legislation.

Any future government could easily reverse the legislation permitting abortion on demand. Personally, I'd LOVE to see this.

Why are certain pro life people only concerned with "murder" when it's someone unborn

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112616628&postcount=1

What if your intruder is pregnant?

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Why are certain pro life people only concerned with "murder" when it's someone unborn

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112616628&postcount=1

What if your intruder is pregnant?

An unlikely scenario. My thread was a tongue in cheek joke anyway.

Besides, a pregnant woman getting involved in high risk activities such as burglary is harming her own baby, no one else is.

Besides, abortion is being used as a contraceptive by some.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Besides, a pregnant woman getting involved in high risk activities such as burglary is harming her own baby, no one else is.

Going on your second comment i dont think it was as tongue in cheek as you claim.

• Advertisement

You do know that's impossible right?

bubblypop wrote: »
    You do know that's impossible right?

If they regret getting pregnant, they terminate.

Pick at my words if you want but everyone knows what I mean.

Life has become disposable.

I'm sure there are cases where a woman gets pregnant and regrets it. that regret can have many reasons. Thankfully the woman now has an outlet to resolve her problem instead of being forced to carry a child she doesnt want

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The vote was to repeal the 8th, for or against abortion was not a choice on the ballot.

Semantics do not impress; quite the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I'm sure there are cases where a woman gets pregnant and regrets it. that regret can have many reasons. Thankfully the woman now has an outlet to resolve her problem instead of being forced to carry a child she doesnt want

So that which is living has to die?

Outlet? This is a human life being ended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Graces7 wrote: »
    Semantics do not impress; quite the opposite.

You can claim semantics if you wish, but the referendum was to repeal or keep the 8th amendment that is fact. Emotive language is irrelevant. Abortion wasn't on the ballot. Although even those that voted to keep the 8th were still voting to allow abortion, just in very restrictive circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,617 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Same as before the referendum
    The only difference is now you're not forcing women bleeding in toilets onto ferries or boats

• Registered Users Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Graces7 wrote: »
    So that which is living has to die?

Outlet? This is a human life being ended.

I thought you didn't want mere semantics being used here - but it seems it's grand when it's you doing it.

And, for about the millionth time, abortion was effectively already legal up to 24 weeks for all these human lives, and not one of the anti choice organisations was prepared to say they wanted to remove that right from our constitution. So what people voted for was as much an end to that hypocrisy as a right to abortion.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Same as before the referendum
    The only difference is now you're not forcing women bleeding in toilets onto ferries or boats

All of that is irrelevant to the pro-lifers. they only care what happens in ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I remember some goon on boards.ie telling me that if you agree with a person having a choice of their own on what to do with their body you agree with abortion.

And this cuck was all for abortion, I was under a different username at the time.

I was trying to explain that its up to people to choose what they want to do with their body.
    And in certain circumstances say if the mother life was in danger, she's being raped or the baby won't survive then it's better to do what has to be done.
    Im a parent myself and love kids, so I can't see why it's logical to get rid of a kid for the sake of a career or thinking it'll ruin one's future.

My exe had a baby at 19, she's from Clare got pregnant in college in Carlow, had the baby girl and studied away through pregnancy, took a year out and stayed in Carlow and worked hard and finished college.
    Went and did her doctorate afterwards and now she's highly successful and has a great life and her daughter is nearly finished her doctorate.
    Where there's a will there's a way.

But no that answer wasn't applicable, for these numpties it was black or white.

I was pushed out of the debate, but sure look at the end of the day her body her choice.

No problem there.

nthclare wrote: »
    I remember some goon on boards.ie telling me that if you agree with a person having a choice of their own on what to do with their body you agree with abortion.

And this cuck was all for abortion, I was under a different username at the time.

I was trying to explain that its up to people to choose what they want to do with their body.
    And in certain circumstances say if the mother life was in danger, she's being raped or the baby won't survive then it's better to do what has to be done.
    Im a parent myself and love kids, so I can't see why it's logical to get rid of a kid for the sake of a career or thinking it'll ruin one's future.

My exe had a baby at 19, she's from Clare got pregnant in college in Carlow, had the baby girl and studied away through pregnancy, took a year out and stayed in Carlow and worked hard and finished college.
    Went and did her doctorate afterwards and now she's highly successful and has a great life and her daughter is nearly finished her doctorate.

I was pushed out of the debate, but sure look at the end of the day her body her choice.

No problem there.

You dont have to agree with abortion to support somebody elses choice to have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

nullzero wrote: »
    After seven years of training a doctor should be capable of waiting for test results before advising a woman to get an abortion.
    She didn't have a toe amputated here, a healthy baby was aborted when it shouldnt have been.

What benefit is it to society to have an incompetent doctor making mistakes of this magnitude?
    Every apprentice carpenter learns to measure twice and cut once on their first day.

Thanks for fixing it for me BTW, you really set me straight.

To be fair, she can have another baby no bother. She couldn't re-grow a severed toe.

Well that's a crock of something, but expected nothing less.

More bs that didn't wash before the referendum and just looks even more stupid now.

You dont have to agree with abortion to support somebody elses choice to have one.

You're absolutely right, but sometimes people don't want hear that.

They'll twist everything into knots and they'll dig their heels in so far that there's no point in debating or having a discussion.

I suppose when ones open minded it's easier to see the woods from the trees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Do you really believe that? There are many other, and easier, forms of contraceptive readily available. I'm personally opposed to abortion but I will not preach to others and respect their beliefs. It's legal but, thankfully, not compulsory.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭volchitsa

No problem there.
    And yet the statistics show that single mothers, and especially those who became mothers young, are far more likely to be living in poverty than the average.

Anecdotes about how one person succeeded despite the odds don't change that, and more to the point, her decision to continue the pregnancy was (I presume) her own. Someone else's decision might not have been the same, for all sorts of reasons.

Pro choice means just that - whether she chooses to continue the pregnancy or to end it, she gets to make that decision. And the reality - or hypocrisy - in Ireland was that your friend, like most women in Ireland, even with the 8th, did have that choice, as long as they were healthy enough to travel and had the means to do so.

The 8th needed to be removed because of all the other deleterious effects it was having, like women with cancer being refused treatment because they'd had a positive pregnancy test, or women undergoing miscarriages being allowed to deteriorate until they were actually ill before surgical intervention was possible, as much as to allow women access to abortion in general. In most cases, they already had that, one way or another.

volchitsa wrote: »
    And yet the statistics show that single mothers, and especially those who became mothers young, are far more likely to be living in poverty than the average.

Anecdotes about how one person succeeded despite the odds don't change that, and more to the point, her decision to continue the pregnancy was (I presume) her own. Someone else's decision might not have been the same, for all sorts of reasons.

Pro choice means just that - whether she chooses to continue the pregnancy or to end it, she gets to make that decision. And the reality - or hypocrisy - in Ireland was that your friend, like most women in Ireland, even with the 8th, did have that choice, as long as they were healthy enough to travel and had the means to do so.

The 8th needed to be removed because of all the other deleterious effects it was having, like women with cancer being refused treatment because they'd had a positive pregnancy test, or women undergoing miscarriages being allowed to deteriorate until they were actually ill before surgical intervention was possible, as much as to allow women access to abortion in general. In most cases, they already had that, one way or another.

But there again I know that you mean well and you're not giving me a lecture.

I am aware of our history and the variables in choice and personal circumstances as well as the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,617 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

No problem there.
    The 8th made it black and white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Wh9 invented abortion anyways?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Titclamp wrote: »

God (if you believe in him).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

God

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Igotadose wrote: »
    God

And pedophilia?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Abortion has been around as long as humans have been.
    There will always be a percentage of women who cannot or will not remain pregnant, for their own personal reasons.
    It isn't a new or modern concept at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

And pedophilia?

The RCC

Advertisement