Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

theguzman wrote: »
    <SNIP>
    Also does Revolut deliver by standard post or courier? I remember when I got my Revolut first back in 2017 or 2018 it was standard post as far as I remember.

They deliver by standard post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Is anyone having a random issue with the app kind of resetting itself? I often end up checking it multiple times a day, but over the past few days three times (each on a different day) when I've gone to sign in I'm prompted to give my phone number and passcode instead of just my fingerprint, as if I was signing in for the first time.

I didn't think to much of it except when this happens, my dashboard also gets resets to default and all of the options I had hidden show up again, which again is like I'm signing in on a new device or something. It's not a huge inconvenience or anything but I don't know if it's the app or the phone causing the issue. Said I'd check if it's happening to anyone else before I asked support.

Happened to me last week, I was in Poland, so thought it was extra security due to change of location

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Anyone pay for premium, get the metal card and then cancel after? asking for a friend:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

skinny90 wrote: »
    Anyone pay for premium, get the metal card and then cancel after? asking for a friend:o

It’s a 12 month contract :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

skinny90 wrote: »

I kmow someone who tried that,

They will charge you for the card, £57.98 IIRC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,184 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I installed Revolut app and set up an account maybe 9 or so months ago.

I used it to pay someone on here for a Spotify account, and nothing else until yesterday, when I transferred some money to a family member.

However I got 4 or 5 text messages, supposedly from Revolut, since I joined saying there was suspicious activities and a link. I would be very suspicious of these links anyway and never clicked on them. I would tend to go to my app and nothing was showing up there.

I got another one yesterday, it came up on my messages as 622001. The text read

Revolut: We have detected an unusual transaction from a different device, if this was not you please visit revolutgb.support-online.net

Does anyone know if there are genuine or phishing? Surely if they are genuine there should be a message sent within the app to my account?

NIMAN wrote: »
    I installed Revolut app and set up an account maybe 9 or so months ago.

I used it to pay someone on here for a Spotify account, and nothing else until yesterday, when I transferred some money to a family member.

However I got 4 or 5 text messages, supposedly from Revolut, since I joined saying there was suspicious activities and a link. I would be very suspicious of these links anyway and never clicked on them. I would tend to go to my app and nothing was showing up there.

I got another one yesterday, it came up on my messages as 622001. The text read

Revolut: We have detected an unusual transaction from a different device, if this was not you please visit revolutgb.support-online.net

Does anyone know if there are genuine or phishing? Surely if they are genuine there should be a message sent within the app to my account?

Only thing they've ever text me is an activation code

Go onto the app and live support and speak to an agent about it, don't click the link just to be on the safe side

I just went through my messages on my phone after I posted that, and I seen one text from Revolut.

The first 2 messages on the link were an activation code and another saying hooray and welcome.

Then there are 3 over the space of 3 months (Oct to dec last year) reading

We have prevented a unauthorized login attempt. If this was not you please visit. revolut.personal-gb.com

We have prevented a unauthorized login attempt. If this was not you please visit. revolut.centre-gb.org

We have detected some unusual activity with your recent transactions. Please follow the link to lift restrictions: revolutsupport.com

So are there genuine, considering they are on the same message stream as my initial ones from Revolut?

Might try to contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 melchior1951

Any link to a domain that is not revolut.com is definitely a phishing attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Never click on a link. Always go through the app or website for any financial services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I just went through my messages on my phone after I posted that, and I seen one text from Revolut.

The first 2 messages on the link were an activation code and another saying hooray and welcome.

Then there are 3 over the space of 3 months (Oct to dec last year) reading

We have prevented a unauthorized login attempt. If this was not you please visit. revolut.personal-gb.com

We have prevented a unauthorized login attempt. If this was not you please visit. revolut.centre-gb.org

We have detected some unusual activity with your recent transactions. Please follow the link to lift restrictions: revolutsupport.com

So are there genuine, considering they are on the same message stream as my initial ones from Revolut?

Might try to contact them.

Revolut won’t text you any links. Everything they do is through the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Does the Revolut card work in USA?

Im going to US next week, will bring it with me just to try it out

They just have swipe over there, not chip and pin technology?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

kravmaga wrote: »
    Does the Revolut card work in USA?

Im going to US next week, will bring it with me just to try it out

They just have swipe over there, not chip and pin technology?

Used it in the US in 2017 & 2018 (and a friend used it last week)

No issues with it anywhere. Some swipe but more and more bringing in chip and pin. Some places have Apple Pay too which can be handy

Wee update.

I contacted their live chat.
    They said all the texts I received were not from them.

That's grand, I had never clicked on any of them as I always assume phishing.

But the worry for me is that 3 phishing attempts were on my text messages listed as Revolut, which contained 2 initial ones from them. So how did scammers manage to send messages to me and have them look like they were genuinely from Revolut, and have them tagged on to the message stream from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,362 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Can you get a physical card if you're not on one of the premium plans? I've just signed up and I clicked on the link to get a card but I can't get past a screen with a button at the bottom: 'view upgrade options'.

coylemj wrote: »
    Can you get a physical card if you're not on one of the premium plans? I've just signed up and I clicked on the link to get a card but I can't get past a screen with a button at the bottom: 'view upgrade options'.

yeah,

they charge you for the postage

• Registered Users Posts: 25,362 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

yeah,

they charge you for the postage

Thanks, I get it now. Cheapest option is standard delivery for €5.99. The free delivery I was looking at requires a premium plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

If you wait a few days, they sometimes offer to send it free.
    Use virtual card with apple or google pay in the intervening period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

coylemj wrote: »
    Thanks, I get it now. Cheapest option is standard delivery for €5.99. The free delivery I was looking at requires a premium plan.

If you sign up and don't order a physical card they usually offer you free postage after a few weeks to get one. Really depends on whether you need it soon or can afford to wait it out.

Dardania was faster!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Was in the states last week. Revoluted like a Mofo

It seems they take the bill but not tip straight away as they return your card prior to taking your signed "tip this much" bit.

Anyways, today i see the Revolut card going into the red. I guess its the tips being collected.

But how do i check how much is pending to pay on it? It doesnt seem to say it

• Advertisement

If I setup my Revolut (or monese) account on PayPal with the euro iban etc will PayPal definitely see it as a euro transaction and not try to convert. I know the cards themselves have issues with PayPal but I’d assume the account would be see as euro when it’s an iban?

If I setup my Revolut (or monese) account on PayPal with the euro iban etc will PayPal definitely see it as a euro transaction and not try to convert. I know the cards themselves have issues with PayPal but I’d assume the account would be see as euro when it’s an iban?

I have my revolt euro account linked to my PayPal with the GB IBAN

It's recognised as euro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Wee update.

I contacted their live chat.
    They said all the texts I received were not from them.

That's grand, I had never clicked on any of them as I always assume phishing.

But the worry for me is that 3 phishing attempts were on my text messages listed as Revolut, which contained 2 initial ones from them. So how did scammers manage to send messages to me and have them look like they were genuinely from Revolut, and have them tagged on to the message stream from them?

It's quite easy to spoof a number. I used to be able to send texts from any number years ago. Had some fun with that

If they're (the scammers) just including a link for people to click on, then they don't need to have access to any reply so can use an official number. A lot of people would presume it's real as it's in the same message chain as genuine messages. I'd say a fair few would click the link and enter details.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ppn

Haven't been following the thread in a while so probably some changes to Revolut....

Just wondering if you can use drivers licence or, next to useless, PSC card to verify your ID on Revolut? Has it got to be passport? (As passport is out of date). Thanks in advance.

ppn wrote: »
    Haven't been following the thread in a while so probably some changes to Revolut....

Just wondering if you can use drivers licence or, next to useless, PSC card to verify your ID on Revolut? Has it got to be passport? (As passport is out of date). Thanks in advance.

Yep passport only for Irish accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

I'm going to buy on Amazon.co.uk now.

I have an option to pay in Euros or GBP.

Should I pay in GBP by moving money into my GBP Revolut account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Pay in GBP, no need to move money yourself, Revolut will do that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭timetogo1

In amazon pay in gbp.
    In revolut if you have the funds in your gbp account they'll be taken from there. If you don't then they'll be taken from your Eur account.

So you don't have to put the money into your gbp account especially for this. I never bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

timetogo1 wrote: »
    In amazon pay in gbp.
    In revolut if you have the funds in your gbp account they'll be taken from there. If you don't then they'll be taken from your Eur account.

So you don't have to put the money into your gbp account especially for this. I never bother.

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Thanks, If I did move the money into the GBP account would the payment go through if my Euro account was empty.

I thought the purpose of having accounts in other currencies was for this reason.

Are they really for when Travelling abroad.

Revolut first tries the currency you're spending in. In this case GBP. If there's not enough there it will take it from your base currency, Euro. I think it will then check any currency you have a balance in.

But the total amount will have to be in a single currency. It won't mix and match.

You can put money into your GBP if you want but Revolut will do the exchange on the fly so no real need to exchange in advance.

It is great for travelling as you're getting a better exchange rate and if withdrawing from an ATM, allow Revolut to do the exchange and you also avoid other charges, either from the ATM owner or your own bank charging Non-Euro transaction fees.

The point is, you don't need to do any work in advance of a purchase, exchanging money into different currencies, as Revolut does this for you.

Advertisement