Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Googleyes

Cops be out in force today for KM funeral, and still no one charged with any thing absolute disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Googleyes wrote: »
    Cops be out in force today for KM funeral, and still no one charged with any thing absolute disgrace

What do you want them to do without sufficient evidence? We don't live in Russia or north korea ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Googleyes wrote: »

You need evidence to charge. Boards.ie rumours tends not to hold up in court

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lolalita

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Cork_Langer1

MarkY91 wrote: »
    What do you want them to do without sufficient evidence? We don't live in Russia or north korea ffs

The child was given a GIM, before he was killed, that in itself is a damning reflection on the guards in Drogheda.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

The child was given a GIM, before he was killed, that in itself is a damning reflection on the guards in Drogheda.

They are/were not in a position to look after him 24/7

They are/were not in a position to look after him 24/7

They had intelligence that this was going to happen and left it happen, a **** show by guards there.

I couldn't give a feck about hardened adult gangsters getting GIM and been killed but the childs GIM was credible and took place in a way we haven't seen before here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

They had intelligence that this was going to happen and left it happen, a **** show by guards there.

I couldn't give a feck about hardened adult gangsters getting GIM and been killed but the childs GIM was credible and took place in a way we haven't seen before here.

What do you reckon they should have done differently?

What do you reckon they should have done differently?

Parked outside his house and follow the child for a few weeks, raid houses due to the threat of a childs life, arrest one for bail breaches, proactive rather than reactive.

We are getting all this great PR, CAB raids, monies sezied, drugs found the media here are garda shills, nothing about all the above having no affect on illegal drugs supply or gangland activities as one locked up 100s are willing to take their place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Parked outside his house and follow the child for a few weeks, raid houses due to the threat of a childs life, arrest one for bail breaches, proactive rather than reactive.

We are getting all this great PR, CAB raids, monies sezied, drugs found the media here are garda shills, nothing about all the above having no affect on illegal drugs supply or gangland activities as one locked up 100s are willing to take their place.

There's the contradiction right there.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

A lot of CAB and ERU activity around Bandon in west Cork this morning targeting the network of a big drug supplier to Cork.
    A couple of dozen raids and cars, phones etc seized and bank accounts frozen.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

Hahaha are you for real? Seriously are you expecting the guards to sit outside the house and follow for a couple of weeks every scumbag that receives a GIM. Do you realise how much that would cost. FFS give your head a wobble

There's the contradiction right there.

The first part highlighted by you was in relation to the murder of the child, there's very few who would even contemplate that even to an adult.

The second part highlighted by you, illegal drugs fuel gangland activities because they're illegal, the same approach over and over is having no affect and making gangland activities worse because they is so much money to be made and we've built our society around money which is everything now.

Hahaha are you for real? Seriously are you expecting the guards to sit outside the house and follow for a couple of weeks every scumbag that receives a GIM. Do you realise how much that would cost. FFS give your head a wobble

How long outside patsy hutches house? Proactive on stopping hits on him, so I think it's your head that needs the wobble :)

How long outside patsy hutches house? Proactive on stopping hits on him, so I think it's your head that needs the wobble :)

Sorry, but it is not feasible.

To back up your point, please tell me how many GIM guards hand out, weekly/monthly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

To back up your point, please tell me how many GIM guards hand out, weekly/monthly?

Lads would be putting hits out on themselves, free 24 hour security :pac:

How wasn't it feasible at the time?

I don't know the answer to GIM giving out, but even the CSO doesn't use their figures they put out, do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kotou2

Especially when on THE day of barbaric act, some of those involved made a specific point of walking streets of town and going to a bar, as an attempt of an alibi.

If They knew what was going down or happened.
    Their random visit to a bar was not random. Getting their alibi outweighed risk of attack.

Clever

How wasn't it feasible at the time?

I don't know the answer to GIM giving out, but even the CSO doesn't use their figures they put out, do you know?

Of course i don't!

The resource isn't there.

Gaurd hands out GIM, and on that basis it is advisable to get the fcuk out of town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Of course i don't!

Gaurd hands out GIM, and on that basis it is advisable to get the fcuk out of town

According to his mother KM obeyed his curfew for a few weeks and all it took was for one night to it slip and that was the beginning of the end. Yes he's a teenager but only in age not in actions of what he's put other families through, they didn't take him out because he wasn't going to trouble them in the future. The killers obviously seen and knew him enough that he was going to be dangerous. The GIM is the Gardaí doing their jobs, whatever the person receiving one does after that is their choice. He made decisions that caused the GIM, if any of his gang "friends” gave a damn about him they would of told him to go missing for a while so either he didn't get the advice or didn't believe the GIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Baymax2020

The fact of the matter was he was handed a GIM form so should have been taking necessary precautions I doubt they're given out lightly.
    Also he was out on bail and if he had been doing what his bail conditions set out he would have been at home and wouldn't be going into a hole today.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭rodmn2377

you do realise some of these lads use GIM as a badge of honour and if anything go about there daily things or even on social media to stick two fingers up at the rivals, if you believe for one minute that this young lad was hiding under his bed from these bad lads i think your very mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Lord_Slong

Two Garda choppers flying around Ballyer right now (very unusual) even for here.

Lads would be putting hits out on themselves, free 24 hour security :pac:

There's a difference between a threat to life made and a credible threat to a life.
    Of course i don't!

The under resourced chestnut,
    The Garda budget for 2020 will be €1.86 billion.
    Thats mismanagement now under resourced.

On the basic of a GIM the protection of life is paramount more so in the case of a child with a credible threat to their life.
    Baymax2020 wrote: »
    The fact of the matter was he was handed a GIM form so should have been taking necessary precautions I doubt they're given out lightly.
    Also he was out on bail and if he had been doing what his bail conditions set out he would have been at home and wouldn't be going into a hole today.

What necessary precautions would a child know to take?
    rodmn2377 wrote: »
    you do realise some of these lads use GIM as a badge of honour and if anything go about there daily things or even on social media to stick two fingers up at the rivals, if you believe for one minute that this young lad was hiding under his bed from these bad lads i think your very mistaken.

I know some treat a GIM as a badge of honour, but this was a child who was groomed from a early age, big difference between the child and an hardened gangster adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

FFS, give up harping on about the child. You're like a broken record at this stage.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    FFS, give up harping on about the child. You're like a broken record at this stage.

He was a child!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

There's a difference between a threat to life made and a credible threat to a life.

The under resourced chestnut,
    The Garda budget for 2020 will be €1.86 billion.
    Thats mismanagement now under resourced.

On the basic of a GIM the protection of life is paramount more so in the case of a child with a credible threat to their life.

What necessary precautions would a child know to take?

I know some treat a GIM as a badge of honour, but this was a child who was groomed from a early age, big difference between the child and an hardened gangster adult.

I agree on the Garda mismanagement as they handed back over 1 million on the 2019 budget. He wasn't far away from being an adult hardened gangster by all reports here and everywhere else. Being groomed is very much an issue these days with the money in drugs and that plays a part but it doesn't mean he's innocent of everything. Unfortunately he didn't obey he's warning and paid with his life. The Gardaí can only do so much also but the GIM is there to give him a warning and what he does it with the Gardaí can't control either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

That gang he was apart of are all pretty young, I doubt there was much grooming needed for any of them to be honest. The stories you hear about them from a young age would suggest they've always been scumbags. Bad upbringing in a bad area = high chance of being a scumbag unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Sureitlbegrand

The same child was convicted of intimidation of a single mother and her son and burned there house and pet cat why should he get 24hr protection if hes wasnt worried about the threat and still carried on like normal you expect the garda to follow him round like a bodyguard service 24/7 when plenty of law abiding people need the help of de garda too. Limited resources ya kno.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement