Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dramalama80

Question? Why ban him I don’t know if he is man woman or child but he seems to know a lot and why the ban being true or not a lot of **** is happening and he seems to be confirming it... heard a few theories myself since KM murder and a lot of it from retired guards... looks like yous have it all wrong... just asking don’t want to be banned for asking a question
    That u Robbie??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DonBertie

No wonder this place is dying on its feet and has such a poor reputation on r/ireland.

Moderators policing the internet with more zealousness than Chinese communist party officials and getting their kicks from a misplaced sense of power.

Go ahead and hit the ban hammer now there for the damage caused to your fragile egos by this short comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

DonBertie wrote: »
    No wonder this place is dying on its feet and has such a poor reputation on r/ireland.

Moderators policing the internet with more zealousness than Chinese communist party officials and getting their kicks from a misplaced sense of power.

Go ahead and hit the ban hammer now there for the damage caused to your fragile egos by this short comment.
    I unfollowed this thread because it went to sh*t, but..... had to post after I saw r/Ireland... :D
    That is the biggest lump of sloppy sh*t.. Seriously. It's moderated very strictly (and badly) too. The same crap jokes repeated. The only good posts there are the photos. Historical, local etc.
    After that it's like reading a bunch of 5yo's learning to internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kotou2

Eire is not bad.
    Just a few ruthless cornered are going to react. It can be over hyped, but this time, it hits suburbs of Dublin so people hear the chopper. And suddenly become aware of him and him and who's friends and related to whom. Feels murky at moment.

Im afraid to say, but the RA seem to take cut of dealers money. Rather than force out, seem compliant. As for wanting to muscle-up they take on board any scum. Not sure if Alan Ryan was deep down good or bad. Thought press swayed us to thinking he was bad, but if he was against this lot, perhaps he was right. Lets see what comes from current case with Brady for alleged crime against that Gard in Cooley, hopefully justice happens.

After recently seeing a bestgore gallery it has shed some shocking light on what goes on in the world. Omg, just take my word. Most of us in Western Europe, not conscripted, have no idea, as many today are consumed with news of Philip Schofield being sooooo brave, i dont know why so much fuss, he's just gay, accept it, dont ducking put him on a pedestal like its better than straight. At same time most have not a clue of the barbarity out there. No problem better not knowing.

Which makes me think, some of these crimos could do with a publicist, show some good and their slant to paint in good light.
    Maybe williams shouldnt slate them all. Each time a head boss goes down, 100 others rise in vacuum.

Ireland is still a lovely place. These powder suppliers are the minority. And the bad are not always that bad.
    But when problems occur, obviously where there is love and loyalty, people will fight for their rights and for their people.
    If only they have the cop on not to interfere with rest of us and flaunt their power ignorantly.

Maybe car bombs wouldnt be planted in Grange Abbey Grove in recent months at house with most extensions. Assocaited person in Park Grange, Drog would not need go into hiding. Seen FB outing msg.

My reference to hyena earlier also relates to how monsters dont always be physically domineering. Like Joe pesci-ish, R aint over 5' 8", GW-F aint over 5' 6". Would have to play corner forward in local gaa team, be gorra.

Remember the Shebani, taliban, bros, trail gone quiet, perhaps back in Libya. They lucky social media wasnt so good years ago. Maybe Warren Oconnor would a got justice. Mind you i dont know how recent case, guy got off, when witness seemed to have seen credible info.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

�� Fella is woke ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭high_tower

Serial lurker here boys (and girls). Great thread.

I’ve not lived in Ireland for years though am shocked at how prevalent cocaine use now is, even in rural areas. 10 years ago you would never find a culchie who would touch the stuff.

This leads me to ask how long before turf wars blow up across other regional towns and not just Drogheda??

Also when did traveller gangs get so deep into the drug trade???

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

high_tower wrote:

Many years ago, by the sounds of it, sounds like it's destroying travellers as much as settlers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Many years ago, by the sounds of it, sounds like it's destroying travellers as much as settlers

Easy money and cash is always an incentive but like the current breed they are taking their own product. Back in the day and even to this day The Monk has lived a sober and drug free lifestyle, this is how he's escaped capture, never been convicted of the robberies, planned hits on him, he's still planning, you just have to look at the Regency to see how lethal a planner he is, they didn't get who they wanted but the plan took everyone by surprise, hell he even knew there wouldn't be a big police presence which was conspicuous by its absence.
    The lesson is these dealers and head men are so coked out of their brains there's no logical thinking and they will all die in their early years meanwhile The Monk is hiding away but I bet he's planning all the while ppl forget about him. A sober methodical mind wins the long game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Easy money and cash is always an incentive but like the current breed they are taking their own product. Back in the day and even to this day The Monk has lived a sober and drug free lifestyle, this is how he's escaped capture, never been convicted of the robberies, planned hits on him, he's still planning, you just have to look at the Regency to see how lethal a planner he is, they didn't get who they wanted but the plan took everyone by surprise, hell he even knew there wouldn't be a big police presence which was conspicuous by its absence.
    The lesson is these dealers and head men are so coked out of their brains there's no logical thinking and they will all die in their early years meanwhile The Monk is hiding away but I bet he's planning all the while ppl forget about him. A sober methodical mind wins the long game.

I just can't see how he's gonna take out the top men though. His gang is decimated.

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Wild isn’t it.

I don’t know how these lads live that life. Always looking over your shoulder and at risk of getting chopped up. I’ll do without the Canada goose jacket and gangster gee thanks v much !

• Advertisement

I just can't see how he's gonna take out the top men though. His gang is decimated.

Agreed but you can never write off The Monk, he's old school and negotiated a settlement to broker piece, paid a free and he was double crossed, if it's the last thing he does he'll cut the head off the snake, plenty of gangsters would love to do that job, he won't be short of hitmen, you think of the notoriety a Hitman would gain taking down the head of the gang.

high_tower wrote: »
    Wild isn’t it.

I don’t know how these lads live that life. Always looking over your shoulder and at risk of getting chopped up. I’ll do without the Canada goose jacket and gangster gee thanks v much !

I'm sure the amount of coke they inhale makes them think they're invincible and that's their downfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Prisoner 0922156

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kotou2

Years ago, i'd pass Clontarf, in evenings pop into Thunders bakery for a delicious cake and coincidentally Monk would be there. Often wondered, would he not be ultra sensitive to a biker dismounting and walking towards same shop with helmet on.
    For a period, i also seen him in morning, taking unusual exit route from his house. Just thought, these lads always dodging the unknown danger.

If someone took Don or someone down, surely they would not announce who they are. else become next target.
    Any time you hear there's a bounty, doubt they'll pay it. Actually may just pop you next as cheaper.

Recent Capper lad that was charged, papers shown he has phone in prison, yet he still left FB open, showing him and F, appear as nice friendly family lads. He the image of Dermo from Dubs.

kotou2 wrote: »
    Years ago, i'd pass Clontarf, in evenings pop into Thunders bakery for a delicious cake and coincidentally Monk would be there. Often wondered, would he not be ultra sensitive to a biker dismounting and walking towards same shop with helmet on.
    For a period, i also seen him in morning, taking unusual exit route from his house. Just thought, these lads always dodging the unknown danger.

If someone took Don or someone down, surely they would not announce who they are. else become next target.
    Any time you hear there's a bounty, doubt they'll pay it. Actually may just pop you next as cheaper.

Recent Capper lad that was charged, papers shown he has phone in prison, yet he still left FB open, showing him and F, appear as nice friendly family lads. He the image of Dermo from Dubs.
    Appearances may deceive especially online, it's just a snapshot of a moment, deep down they were all innocent at one stage but greed corrupts the mind and drugs like cocaine don't help.

The Monk would of known he was a target but had balls big enough to be still out around in public and it would of taken someone with real balls to try it or stupid enough.
    Sure Ruthless is reported to be strutting around not a care in the world, that takes alot of nuts that's for sure.

Yea always thought the Bounty was BS, wonder how many times it's been paid up and is that what results in other murders for non payment. If someone's a really good Hitman surely you'd pay him off to keep him onside. Read the book "The Iceman" Richard Kuklinski now he was a Hitman to be feared, worked for both sides of the Mafia and both sides knew it. Fascinating.

https://youtu.be/c4ZKlnfBopI
    Check out from 1:15 WOW say the guy fears he was in a little trouble!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 slowdive74

Read the book "The Iceman" Richard Kuklinski now he was a Hitman to be feared, worked for both sides of the Mafia and both sides knew it. Fascinating.[/QUOTE]

I read that book and it was a good read but I think a lot of it is made up. Didn't he claim to be one of the shooters in the Castellano killing?

slowdive74 wrote: »
    Read the book "The Iceman" Richard Kuklinski now he was a Hitman to be feared, worked for both sides of the Mafia and both sides knew it. Fascinating.

I read that book and it was a good read but I think a lot of it is made up. Didn't he claim to be one of the shooters in the Castellano killing?[/quote]

It's claimed Sammy ordered him to kill Big Paulie, weather it was him is up for debate.

I would believe 99% of his claims if you've ever watched his interviews, he'd kill you with a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 slowdive74

Bit risky that at the moment you would have thought with all the Gards about. Didn't somebody suggest that that side had done one.

slowdive74 wrote: »
    Bit risky that at the moment you would have thought with all the Gards about. Didn't somebody suggest that that side had done one.

Looks like the way they killed that lad has backfired on them bringing the full force of the law upon them.

Which gang is bigger ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

The monk has been a regular drinker for years

• Advertisement

Haladmirer wrote: »
    The monk has been a regular drinker for years

I find that hard to believe, even the Gardaí in documentaries have said he didn't drink or do drugs. I'd be surprised as that would make him vulnerable and why start after all the years not touching a drop if all the stories were true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

I have seen the Monk drunk as a lord on quite a few occassions in and around the north inner city. When things were 'normal' so to speak. He liked a drink as much as the rest of us.

Kuklinski wasn't anywhere near Sparks restaraunt when Big Paulie Castellano was rubbed out. He did a bit of work for Roy Demeo and his Gemini Lounge crew but his book is part reality, mostly fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

high_tower wrote: »
    Serial lurker here boys (and girls). Great thread.

I’ve not lived in Ireland for years though am shocked at how prevalent cocaine use now is, even in rural areas. 10 years ago you would never find a culchie who would touch the stuff.

This leads me to ask how long before turf wars blow up across other regional towns and not just Drogheda??

In the same boat as yourself, I think a big Ostrich (head in the sand) issue is the reality denying saccharine self-image this country has of itself, the sort of Ireland you imagine reading an Aer Lingus brochure or listening to the Ray Darcy show or the Late Late, collectively it's like the narcissist who genuinely believes that they're the nicest best intentioned person on the planet. I've seen and tasted the other side of Dublin/ Ireland and it's f***ing odious to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Prisoner 0922156

dd973 wrote: »
    In the same boat as yourself, I think a big Ostrich (head in the sand) issue is the reality denying saccharine self-image this country has of itself, the sort of Ireland you imagine reading an Aer Lingus brochure or listening to the Ray Darcy show or the Late Late, collectively it's like the narcissist who genuinely believes that they're the nicest best intentioned person on the planet. I've seen and tasted the other side of Dublin/ Ireland and it's f***ing odious to be honest.

You could be talking about any city in the world.
    The spotlight has been shone on Dublin due to the international press reporting the death of KMW and the nature of it. Curiosity leads you down a path to find out what is behind the story and then you uncover far more than is ever reported outside of local press.
    There are plenty of gang murders in London, Birmingham, Manchester etc which largely go by unnoticed or reported but after reading everything I've read about Dublin it sounds like the international hotspot for crime!
    I'm sure that's not the case but the press know that sensationalism sells papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

He has been drinking for years. I met him in Spain 5years ago,he was gee eyed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

Noseygit wrote: »
    He has been drinking for years. I met him in Spain 5years ago,he was gee eyed

As far as I recall, several news articles over the years have stated he was a pioneer up until his 40th or 50th birthday party in lanzarote

As far as I recall, several news articles over the years have stated he was a pioneer up until his 40th or 50th birthday party in lanzarote

He's painted this picture of the Ordinary Decent Criminal over the years. The People's Champion. How true I dunno.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Kuklinski would fit in well here
    Well known to be full of ****

You could be talking about any city in the world.
    The spotlight has been shone on Dublin due to the international press reporting the death of KMW and the nature of it. Curiosity leads you down a path to find out what is behind the story and then you uncover far more than is ever reported outside of local press.
    There are plenty of gang murders in London, Birmingham, Manchester etc which largely go by unnoticed or reported but after reading everything I've read about Dublin it sounds like the international hotspot for crime!
    I'm sure that's not the case but the press know that sensationalism sells papers.

For a town the size off Drogheda this is definitely not normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Kuklinski was full of ****. Author Phil Carlo said he killed demeo, he also claimed that gaspipe casso killed him in his next book 😂mostly fantasy stuff

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement