Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,170 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    At 155, what kind of weight would the heaviest guy be on fight night?

Seen Kevin Lee chatting with Joe Rogan. He said he could be 195 if he doesn’t have a fight booked. In camp, about 4 weeks out, he’s 185. If he’s telling the truth, he’d be about 15lbs heavier than McGregor.
    He calimed he was 184 vrs Tony (155) and 181 vrs RDA (170).

If the Tony nubmer is true, I'd say it was more a case of a side effect of staph rather than his normal weight at 155. I remember he almost missed weight for that fight.

Out of all the published rehydration numbers. Paulo Cost cuts the most, 27-28lbs. Biggest lightweights are in the cage at 175lbs.
    derfderf wrote: »
    One FC's hydration test is a good solution. It would basically mean everyone jumps up one weight class.

The test they use is pretty useless imo. It's a test of the specific gravity of a urine sample. Heavy dark urine, and your dehydrated (we've all had those mornings).
    The test is based on an individual in a normal situation, who has fasted. When weight cutting, fighters manipulate electrolytes so that they keep pissing out fluids.
    I'm not a doctor/chemist, but I'm pretty sure that a sample from a fighter cutting weight would give a false result for hydration levels based on it being disproportionate to the water content of their body.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Mellor you know mma you hardly believe any fighter about what they weigh, ever.

US2 wrote: »
    Mellor you know mma you hardly believe any fighter about what they weigh, ever.

I wouldn't even believe the height a fighter says he is. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Dana saying he's setting up Usman v Street Jesus for July.

And Conor "probably" fights the winner of Khabib v Tony

https://youtu.be/lAiadRJvspQ

Guessed as much. This "season" an plenty activity is all bull****. He only wants khabib. Will be Sept before we see that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Unless they do a diaz 3 there's nothing else for conor on khabib ferguson winner. ****ing July's a long ways away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Guessed as much. This "season" an plenty activity is all bull****. He only wants khabib. Will be Sept before we see that

He literally said in the interview that Conor isn't happy with that arrangement and wants to fight sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Seems wise to have given Masvidal a miss right now. With all the money on offer there (BMF title contention with him in it would SELL), it seems they've deemed it an unfavourable move for probably the obvious reason.

Also, cannot see the Justin fight happening, ever - chiefly because the pre-fight build-up would likely undo his recent good PR (Conor already mentioned he felt Justin too inclined to bring up the less savoury stuff).

Think about it, for his comeback he wanted to fight Frankie, Cowboy, maybe Nate...Not only favourable match-ups, but also willing to play ball with him in respect of the good PR game. The Cowboy fight now looks like it was as much about good PR as it was a 'tune-up.'

Fact is, he's got more than himself to consider these days - he's a brand. More than a little ironic given how he undid a lot of opponents.

Can't see any season happening right now. I think he'll try for 155 title whenever available, then 170 if he succeeds, with nothing happening exactly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I'm more excited by someone like Adesanya than I am by Conor, I'm sick of his way of operating and hearing the same platitudes and the recent redemptive talk. He should fight Nate or Justin and wait his turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

cloudatlas wrote: »
    I'm more excited by someone like Adesanya than I am by Conor, I'm sick of his way of operating and hearing the same platitudes and the recent redemptive talk. He should fight Nate or Justin and wait his turn.

Wait his turn for what? He is the biggest draw by miles and has options at 155, 170 and with three of the biggest names in boxing. It's take your pick time for Conor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭monty_python

Mmamania reporting that Saudi Arabia are offering 100million for McGregor v kabib 2 to be held there

https://www.mmamania.com/2020/2/2/21119622/report-saudi-arabia-is-offering-100-million-to-host-khabib-vs-mcgregor-2

Mmamania reporting that Saudi Arabia are offering 100million for McGregor v kabib 2 to be held there

https://www.mmamania.com/2020/2/2/21119622/report-saudi-arabia-is-offering-100-million-to-host-khabib-vs-mcgregor-2

Source...
    ”I know some people in Saudi Arabia, right now, they met with me, they want to pay $100 million to Khabib to fight Conor in Saudi Arabia,” Abdelaziz claimed. “They want to pay Khabib $100 million to fight Floyd [Mayweather] in Saudi Arabia.”

Third-World-Skeptical-Kid.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

That mans nearly as reliable as Dana

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭fitzparker

If Tony wins it will be in July, why so many are counting him out is beyond me.

If Khabib wins it will be MSG in November, can't see Conor waiting till then so possibly Diaz 3 or Gaethje in between.

fitzparker wrote: »
    If Tony wins it will be in July, why so many are counting him out is beyond me.

If Khabib wins it will be MSG in November, can't see Conor waiting till then so possibly Diaz 3 or Gaethje in between.

Why cant you see a guy who's fought twice in nearly 4 years waiting an extra few months ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Tazzimus wrote: »
    That mans nearly as reliable as Dana

'Hey bitchh, go fight Justin Gaethje'- Abdelaziz the poet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭fitzparker

[HTML][/HTML]
    Why cant you see a guy who's fought twice in nearly 4 years waiting an extra few months ?

The tactics the last time to come back after a few years didnt work, he needs to stay active and I feel his team know this and would be pushing for it.

Also if not Nate or Justin more money for a Siver type warm up he will jump at.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Wait his turn for what? He is the biggest draw by miles and has options at 155, 170 and with three of the biggest names in boxing. It's take your pick time for Conor.

Nobody wants to see that except Conor. He'd get demolished again. Have people forgotten how bad the Mayweather fight was already?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,666 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

cloudatlas wrote: »
    'Hey bitchh, go fight Justin Gaethje'- Abdelaziz the poet

Abdelaziz want to keep Gaethje away from Khabib ,

He knows style wise he's a tuff match up IF his wrestling is as good as everyone says ,but he also represents him so offer him Conor money fight instead of Khabib to keep him happy ,

Abdelaziz want to keep Gaethje away from Khabib ,

He knows style wise he's a tuff match up IF his wrestling is as good as everyone says ,but he also represents him so offer him Conor money fight instead of Khabib to keep him happy ,

It's also the fact that Conor is the big money for any opponent.
    Ali gets a cut of the purse.
    So it's in his interest to have Conor fight as many of his guys as possible.
    Gaethje then Khabib is the $$ path for Ali.

Depnsing on how results go, another Ali fighter gets the push.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

As a sports fan I really want to see McG fight someone before Khabib (if Khabib wins). JG seems like a decent match up. Would keep him honest.

As a business tho? Can’t see ufc wanting to endanger their biggest pay day to date in what is a khabib rematch with McG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

.ak wrote: »
    As a sports fan I really want to see McG fight someone before Khabib (if Khabib wins). JG seems like a decent match up. Would keep him honest.

As a business tho? Can’t see ufc wanting to endanger their biggest pay day to date in what is a khabib rematch with McG

Surely the two are linked? Fans don't want to see a steemroll match. Kabib's been wrestling since childhood. Who is this JG you refer too?

Smiles35 wrote: »
    Surely the two are linked? Fans don't want to see a steemroll match. Kabib's been wrestling since childhood. Who is this JG you refer too?
    Justin Gaethje

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Justin Gaethje

21 wins out of 23 he's had. Arrange that. I give the go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,639 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Justin Gaethje. Also been wrestling since childhood. Longer than Khabib has too.

Lost 2 from 6 in the UFC though and never beaten anyone top tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭xtal191

Not sure if posted already but according to Cerrone he didn't break his nose or orbital

fb_img_1580939546044-jpg.722709

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

xtal191 wrote: »
    Not sure if posted already but according to Cerrone he didn't break his nose or orbital

fb_img_1580939546044-jpg.722709

Don't bait the conspiracy theorists!!! They had just put the tinfoil hats in storage until the next McGregor fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

21 wins out of 23 he's had. Arrange that. I give the go ahead.

Both losses to guys Conor ran through though.

That was back when Gaethje used his face to block everything, he's fighting a bit more intelligently now.
    I'd be interested to see how he does, especially with those nasty leg kicks he likes to throw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,639 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Hes beaten Vick, Barboza and Cowboy since losing two in a row. Hardly a big endorsement. The UFC clearly giving him a push though.

Advertisement