Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election TV debates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,913 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The Army Council will always rule the roost. And MLMD has to comply with that.

There is a lot of fudge going on, but she is a mouthpiece for the terrorists. That will always be my view. They are just under the radar.

As Michael Caine said " not a lot of people know that"

Anyone voting "Green Party" really needs to examine their conscience - you're just imposing yet more taxes, both direct and indirect, onto hard working people - because the Green Party don't have an imaginative bone in their body- "tax to oblivion" is the only method they know.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

The people hyping up all this rubbish are the d4/rte toffs like Sean o rourke and Miriam . The people who are still going to vote sf and couldn’t care less about what happened 20 years ago will be watching love island while rte spend 90% of the main news doing a butcher job on sf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

There is a lot of fudge going on, but she is a mouthpiece for the terrorists. That will always be my view. They are just under the radar.

Rubbish, total gibberish.

Idbatterim wrote: »
    YEah. It will likely be ffg again. But if things continue like this , will we go a full term again ? And five years of this bs won’t be tolerated. If sf have had such a swing , what’s going to happen after another few years of ffg failure. This is an interesting election, the next one could be truly fascinating!

Playing the long game to those who do not remember or care about what went on before.

That would be fine, happened in many a country, but ML responses regarding SCC and Mr. Quinn rip (and probably many others too) said a lot to me. Army Council rules still I feel, rightly or wrongly. But that is my feeling on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67,285 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What do you reckon the 'Army council's' goal is?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Zetor19 wrote: »
    The people hyping up all this rubbish are the d4/rte toffs like Sean o rourke and Miriam . The people who are still going to vote sf and couldn’t care less about what happened 20 years ago will be watching love island while rte spend 90% of the main news doing a butcher job on sf.
    It gets over 400,000 viewers a day. That's a lot of voters. Love Island is under 200,000.

easypazz wrote: »
    Rubbish, total gibberish.

Any rebuttal or counter argument there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Any rebuttal or counter argument there?

Theres no need. You quoted Michael Caine to support your argument.

The thing is most of those you mention may not bother voting! Too busy recovering from Friday's hangover or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

It is a lot closer than 20 years ago..... also if they watch love island it is likely the majority of that cohort would not be voting anyway?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

What do you reckon the 'Army council's' goal is?

Apart from ruling from afar and all that what would you think yourself?

Good to hear you admit the AC exists anyway, that's Mary the Mouthpiece sorted anyway as we heard last night.

Apart from ruling from afar and all that what would you think yourself?

Good to hear you admit the AC exists anyway, that's Mary the Mouthpiece sorted anyway as we heard last night.

So you make a claim.

I ask you a question about it, and you first off don't answer the question, claim I have accepted your hypothesis...and then ask me a question, not having answered. :)

The dinasours on here are in for a surprise so. Young people’s attention span these days are about 5 minutes it only takes 1 minute to vote. Last nights butcher job by rte is long forgotten already by the under 30s. Roll on Saturday.

Have we hit peak hysteria yet?

It's a 'cover up' now despite the IMC, The PSNI and most of Monaghan/South Armagh knowing who it was.

You're obviously an avid SF supporter- regulars here know that. So can I ask you a question- do you think the SF approach in this election maximises their vote or could they have gone about things differently, a more fresh, modern approach?

They'll certainly increase their seats, that we know at this stage- but winning over older voters who may have been against them in the past? I don't think they've done half as much as they could have.

What's your view?

Idbatterim wrote: »
    YEah. It will likely be ffg again. But if things continue like this , will we go a full term again ? And five years of this bs won’t be tolerated. If sf have had such a swing , what’s going to happen after another few years of ffg failure. This is an interesting election, the next one could be truly fascinating!

There is a possibility that SF will hold the balance of power if FF/FG do not coalesce or do a Confidence and Supply.

So what, it is a democracy and let them be hoist by their own petard. If SF gets in as a junior partner in any Government they will be eaten up. They firstly have no idea what's involved in Governing in a Democratic non Terrrorist State, and secondly will be run ragged by the Institutions of State that they have no experience of either. But good luck to them if they do win a place in Government.

Might be interesting to see at the end of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rdwight

Billcarson wrote: »
    Indeed like the bodies of the 12 women lying dead in their graves due to the cervical cancer scandal .

I wouldn't wish to bring the 200 odd women who were affected into this and
    without being disrespectful to them it should be stated:

1) the scandal part of the scandal is that the women, who had already been diagnosed with cancer, were not told that an audit, initiated as a result of their cancer diagnosis, had shown that their smear tests had been incorrectly screened.

2) to be clear, the scandal was not that women developed cancer because information was withheld from them. I say this because this seems to be a common misconception

3) many of the women developed cancer because of incorrect screening of their smear tests. As far as I know, it has not been established that the numbers of incorrect screenings were outside was is expected or that having screenings done outside Ireland increased the numner of incorrect results.

The dinasours on here are in for a surprise so. Young people’s attention span these days are about 5 minutes it only takes 1 minute to vote. Last nights butcher job by rte is long forgotten already by the under 30s. Roll on Saturday.

Will under 30s or so bother to go and vote. They surely have hangovers to nurse and friends to meet.

So you make a claim.

I ask you a question about it, and you first off don't answer the question, claim I have accepted your hypothesis...and then ask me a question, not having answered. :)

Go to bed love, you had a late night last night. ;)

I'm just shooting the breeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

That’s real tinfoil hat stuff, Bertie. There’s no concerted effort to keep the poor old principled Shinners out. If you have evidence to the contrary, including how Miriam was biased last night then I suggest you put your complaint in writing and post it to:

Broadcasting Authority of Ireland, 2 - 5 Warrington Place, Dublin D02 XP29

The inference of the concept of ‘intangible’ would be lost here.

Crazy Diamond indeed.

• Advertisement

Go to bed love, you had a late night last night. ;)

I'm just shooting the breeze.

So just jump in make an allegation and then refuse to explain or back up?

Very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,650 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Will under 30s or so bother to go and vote. They surely have hangovers to nurse and friends to meet.

Well they’ve got 13 hours or so to vote so surely less than five minutes to actually vote isn’t going to kill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Interesting choice of phrase since it was Paul Quinn who was beaten to a pulp - it was he who had the butchers job. Mary Lou was just not capable enough to answer simple questions and got caught out in a lie. Then crumbled after that.

Politically a' butcher job' would be a fake tweet like the one SF set up about Sean Gallagher back in 2011.
    People still remember that and people will still remember Mary Lou's performance yesterday night in years to come.

If anything Mary Lou was just caught out by the truth and got tied in knots as a result.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Have we hit peak hysteria yet?

It's a 'cover up' now despite the IMC, The PSNI and most of Monaghan/South Armagh knowing who it was.

You're like a punch drunk fighter at this stage Francie, flailing away blindly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Both my sons are under 30, both will be voting. Who for I have no idea but your attitude towards younger people is atrocious tbh.

Mike Tyson trying to find his gum-shield after buster douglas knock down kind of punch drunk ?

So just jump in make an allegation and then refuse to explain or back up?

Very good.

I'm OK with what I said. No worries.

A lot of people who never heard of Paul Quinn or who couldn’t care less about him are all up in arms the last 24 hours. Why not the last 13 years if so concerned?

Francie knew this was coming last week Dan, so much so I said it on here.

It par for the course. Remember the British lifting Gerry when it looked like the Shinners were going to do well before.

It was always going to happen...it's effects are getting less and less.

• Advertisement

Both my sons are under 30, both will be voting. Who for I have no idea but your attitude towards younger people is atrocious tbh.

And that very good to hear but it’s not wrong to say that 30 and under although more towards the 18 year old end of bracket are not as sure a voting block as say the 65 and over voter.

Advertisement