Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No right wing alternative= No alternative

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

In actual fact, they want to leave the Eurozone but remain in the EU. Apart from that, you're right.

Hermann’s bunch, the Irish Freedom Party, want out of the EU entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Not one party on the cards has policy on immigration as an issue in their manifesto. Other than that I would would be fine. But I have no intention of going anywhere near the likes of NP and IFP because of the racial motivation.

SINN fein have it in their manifesto . The one comical point is end DP but no alternative given . A question I would like to ask on the doorstep .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

See the National party had a party broadcast on RTE. Wasn't the best thought it could have been a lot better but still least a right wing Nationalist party got an airing, I'm sure the lefties and those in (PBP) pure bullshyt propaganda be livid over it!.

None of them have the balls to have an open debate though as they would be torn apart. As was the case with Mary Lou last night. Who in fairness, knew it would be difficult but still stepped up.

Gems, Barrett, Waters etc know they would be committing political suicide in any sort of debate with a opponent, moderator or journalist.

Their tactic is to just bleat endlessly on social media and then run away and hide when they're asked something. Its the cowards way but they know their supporters have such a small post truth world view that they won't even look for confirmation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

The Nal wrote: »
    None of them have the balls to have an open debate though as they would be torn apart. As was the case with Mary Lou last night. Who in fairness, knew it would be difficult but still stepped up.

Gems, Barrett, Waters etc know they would be committing political suicide in any sort of debate with a opponent, moderator or journalist.

Their tactic is to just bleat endlessly on social media and then run away and hide when they're asked something. Its the cowards way but they know their supporters have such a small post truth world view that they won't even look for confirmation.

John Waters mince any of the lunatic left in a debate, the problem is if a debate was organised Antifa would be attacking him, smashing up cars, breaking windows of the venue etc etc.

He's not even far right just simply a conservative!.

You do realize John Waters debated several times on TV3 for example and easily minced the hosts in debate, logic and rationale.
    He's a smart cookie

For a man with very serious health issues he is as sharp as a butcher's knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

See the National party had a party broadcast on RTE. Wasn't the best thought it could have been a lot better but still least a right wing Nationalist party got an airing, I'm sure the lefties and those in (PBP) pure bullshyt propaganda be livid over it!.

Says it all really -

"I don't care about any arguments, I don't care about winning arguments, I just care about making people angry".

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 228 ✭✭ghost of ireland past

It's absolutely clear that the left avoid debate and don't want to discuss anything.

Boards is not a suitable place for these discussions as the owners and moderators are clearly so idealogically biased.

There is little honesty in Ireland, and less ability it seems, so just the same as it ever was.

We shouldn't be proud to be the dumping house of Europe.

I don't think the entire world should move to Ireland. Where will we all live?

John Waters mince any of the lunatic left in a debate, the problem is if a debate was organised Antifa would be attacking him, smashing up cars, breaking windows of the venue etc etc.

He's not even far right just simply a conservative!.

You do realize John Waters debated several times on TV3 for example and easily minced the hosts in debate, logic and rationale.
    He's a smart cookie

For a man with very serious health issues he is as sharp as a butcher's knife.

That was in his capacity as a journalist. Its very different when you're running for public office.

What about Gems and Barrett? Why haven't they done any? I know they've been asked. Nothing on radio, nothing on TV, nothing online.

Both "leaders" of "political parties" who have never done a Q&A with anyone outside of people who follow them or agree with them. Wheres the transparency and accountability? They just do streams of themselves agreeing with each other.

Cowards.

The people who would actually follow and vote for these sort of people are who I feel sorry for. So easily manipulated.

It's absolutely clear that the left avoid debate and don't want to discuss anything.

Boards is not a suitable place for these discussions as the owners and moderators are clearly so idealogically biased.

There is little honesty in Ireland, and less ability it seems, so just the same as it ever was.

We shouldn't be proud to be the dumping house of Europe.

I don't think the entire world should move to Ireland. Where will we all live?

I've tried to debate the lunatic left on many an occasion. Simply can't they won't debate just slander and run away basically.

A good example is Paul Murphy and few others on the lunatic left were asked to partake in an event with Ben Gilroy, Dolores Webster and some others for the Dublin Gazette. Dolores wouldn't be hard to defeat in a debate in my opinion they still refused to do so. I know this as she posted a video of them refusing to debate online.

They actually refused to as they disagreed with their policies!.

I've tried to debate the lunatic left on many an occasion. Simply can't they won't debate just slander and run away basically.

A good example is Paul Murphy and few others on the lunatic left were asked to partake in an event with Ben Gilroy, Dolores Webster and some others for the Dublin Gazette. Dolores wouldn't be hard to defeat in a debate in my opinion they still refused to do so. I know this as she posted a video of them refusing to debate online.

Paul Murphy is as bad as Gems and Justin. A total berk whos going to lose his seat.

Paul Murphy is as bad as Gems and Justin. A total berk whos going to lose his seat.

Hopefully loses his seat.

Some other lunatic leftie probably take it however!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Perhaps if you didnt constantly refer to them as the "lunatic left" then they might be willing to debate you? As it is you come across as as much of a lunatic as they do and not someone to take seriously.

Perhaps if you didnt constantly refer to them as the "lunatic left" then they might be willing to debate you? As it is you come across as as much of a lunatic as they do and not someone to take seriously.

And why does it always have to be a debate with the "loony left"?

Why won't they agree to a moderated debate from a Miriam O'Callaghan or David McCullagh type? Someone who will ask the tough and fair questions. A load of journos would love to have a go at that. Or even just a sit down interview. Something, anything that challenges them.

We all know. Because their careers would be torn the shreds in minutes and they'd be exposed for the frauds they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

That was in his capacity as a journalist. Its very different when you're running for public office.

What about Gems and Barrett? Why haven't they done any? I know they've been asked. Nothing on radio, nothing on TV, nothing online.

Both "leaders" of "political parties" who have never done a Q&A with anyone outside of people who follow them or agree with them. Wheres the transparency and accountability? They just do streams of themselves agreeing with each other.

Cowards.

The people who would actually follow and vote for these sort of people are who I feel sorry for. So easily manipulated.

When has Barrett has been asked to debate on radio or tv? Most of the NP standing candidates were involved in local radio debates in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

+1 , just lucky its completely alright to say the worst things in the world about white people, high earners, the entire financial sector and other european countries and their inhabitants aslong as theyre not of colour

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Is that really likely ?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

I don't believe John Waters would shy away from a debate, he's basically been blacklisted from the Irish media which is why you never see him these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Jesus - is this thread just a bunch of angry old men.

Have a look in the mirror folks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Name one blatantly racist thing he has said or published.
    Document and verify please.

€100 waiting for ya if you can, I will send it to you.

I'm not even a fan of Ben's but it's very very obvious you are talking out of your aarse and lying through your teeth.

He doesn’t need to be blatant. Dog whistle racism will do just fine - like posting up the Harcourt St NYE aggro footage or coat-tailing the Tan Turd’s post on the supposed stabbing at the Higher Options exhibition. Basically anything that tarnishes POC immigrants or Muslims is fair game for their narrative.

Fellow IFP candidate John Bowler had this old school racist missive only this week: https://twitter.com/beachbuminkerry/status/1224805242317000704?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Your comment is racist, you condemn his looks as he's mixed race?

He's of mixed race.

Those on the looney tune left label him as racist or some other such nonsense when he's off mixed race himself!.
    Well I'm sure he's thick skinned. He's no snowflake anyway!

When has Barrett has been asked to debate on radio or tv? Most of the NP standing candidates were involved in local radio debates in the last few weeks.

Links?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,767 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You are welcome to your own views but I can state categorically that I have never seen any attempt to exert any political influence on this site by the owners, Admins, CMods or Mods when acting in those roles.

Of course anyone on the site is allowed to express their own political views (including staff, admins, moderators etc.), so long as they do so within site rules. You may find that moderation typically clamps down on those not wanting to follow those rules

Is that really likely ?

Sure look at pbp’s facebook page

“Brid smith was debied a space on CB live, is it because she’ll tell the truth about fossil fuel corporations”

“Banks are ripping off mortgage holders”

Calling FF and FG ‘the landlord parties’

Its a dog whistle to the exact kind of propoganda the nazis used about the jews ‘they have all the money’ ‘theyre the ones keeping you down’ ‘the banks are screwing you and have an evil cartel that only look after their own’

Perpetuating complete myths like theres going to be 3.50 transaction fees if we sell the atm’s

Theyre target is similar to barrets ilk but they pick on white countries, barrett talks about whites being replaced with blacks, pbp talks about american corporations coming in to ruin your lives with capitalism, steal your health service and all the houses from the irish.

Murphys "No one should be paying more than 20% of their income on rent" policy is amusing.

To blame the rich is not the same as blaming the Jews.

“Brid smith was debied a space on CB live, is it because she’ll tell the truth about fossil fuel corporations”

Its a dog whistle to the exact kind of propoganda the nazis used about the jews ‘they have all the money’ ‘theyre the ones keeping you down’ ‘the banks are screwing you and have an evil cartel that only look after their own’

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Those ffg rats have a fifty percent marginal rate of income tax , them claiming they are pro worker and enterprise. Lol !

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Those ffg rats have a fifty percent marginal rate of income tax , them claiming they are pro worker and enterprise. Lol !

There are no pro worker pro enterprise parties in ireland without a massive catholic crutch to bear

Murphys "No one should be paying more than 20% of their income on rent" policy is amusing.

Is it ? Sure we have hundreds of thousands paying what 4-5% income in rent ( if even ) . The country can somehow afford that ridiculous subvention!

There are no pro worker pro enterprise parties in ireland without a massive catholic crutch to bear

Me being robbed on tax is a problem. Rents would be totally out of step with every other big party on social issues , so their social view perspective is irrelevant. Their fiscal policy is not

To blame the rich is not the same as blaming the Jews.

Theyre being blamed for doing the same things in the same way. Blaming people because of their income is just as bad as their religion, both can be abandoned and hidden, usually passed intergenerationally and a way of deflecting your problems onto a group youre not in.

• Advertisement

Theyre being blamed for doing the same things in the same way. Blaming people because of their income is just as bad as their religion, both can be abandoned and hidden, usually passed intergenerationally and a way of deflecting your problems onto a group youre not in.
    That's a unique perspective anyway.

Advertisement