Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No right wing alternative= No alternative

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Is it ? Sure we have hundreds of thousands paying what 4-5% income in rent ( if even ) . The country can somehow afford that ridiculous subvention!

Its a nice idea that is impossible to implement.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

The Nal wrote: »
    Links?

Rebecca Barrett was on the Limerick leader election panel podcast and on Limerick Live 95 FM
    James Reynolds was on Shannonside FM Longford/Westmeath debate.
    Paul Hanley was on Shannonside FM Roscommon/ Galway Debate,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

The Nal wrote: »
    Its a nice idea that is impossible to implement.
    Six tower blocks would solve the problem of high rents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

It's absolutely clear that the left avoid debate and don't want to discuss anything.

Boards is not a suitable place for these discussions as the owners and moderators are clearly so idealogically biased.

There is little honesty in Ireland, and less ability it seems, so just the same as it ever was.

We shouldn't be proud to be the dumping house of Europe.

I don't think the entire world should move to Ireland. Where will we all live?
    Warnings and bans are handed out for rudeness on boards ; not ideologically. And the grifting twitter and podcast based right seem especially thin skinned.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I don't believe John Waters would shy away from a debate, he's basically been blacklisted from the Irish media which is why you never see him these days.

His rambling stream of consciousness at Germa’s Balbriggan bash last week (where he walked in btw - and nobody was beaten up or had windows smashed) was neither convincing or considered. He really had no idea what he was talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

alastair wrote: »
    His rambling stream of consciousness at Germa’s Balbriggan bash last week (where he walked in btw - and nobody was beaten up or had windows smashed) was neither convincing or considered. He really had no idea what he was talking about.

His stint on the Eamon Dunphy podcast was enough for me - he really ran away from that one

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

It's absolutely clear that the left avoid debate and don't want to discuss anything.

Boards is not a suitable place for these discussions as the owners and moderators are clearly so idealogically biased.

There is little honesty in Ireland, and less ability it seems, so just the same as it ever was.

We shouldn't be proud to be the dumping house of Europe.

I don't think the entire world should move to Ireland. Where will we all live?

LOL

The persecution complex of certain people (Right wing fetishists) astound me.

No one wants to debate the National Party because they are mentally deranged. If Justin Barrett started shouting at me about immigration while Im in town with my Russian girlfriend or Phillipino best friend I will literally toss that deformed gremlin into the Liffey.

Stop oppressing me! The Right-wing man cries out as he takes away your rights as a migrant, woman, non-catholic.

Its in everyones best interest that you’re ignored and buried. You’re lucky to even have this safe space in boards.ie. Now do the mods a favor and just play by the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Sure look at pbp’s facebook page

“Brid smith was debied a space on CB live, is it because she’ll tell the truth about fossil fuel corporations”

“Banks are ripping off mortgage holders”

Calling FF and FG ‘the landlord parties’

None of that is new, and he topped the poll twice.
    What makes you think he'll lose his seat?
    Its a dog whistle to the exact kind of propoganda the nazis used about the jews ‘they have all the money’ ‘theyre the ones keeping you down’ ‘the banks are screwing you and have an evil cartel that only look after their own’

Oh - you are a nut.
    Perpetuating complete myths like theres going to be 3.50 transaction fees if we sell the atm’s

Thats a genuine concern based on the experience of other countries. How is it a myth ?
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/business/two-banks-to-sell-off-over-1000-atms-977953.html
    Theyre target is similar to barrets ilk but they pick on white countries, barrett talks about whites being replaced with blacks, pbp talks about american corporations coming in to ruin your lives with capitalism, steal your health service and all the houses from the irish.

That's a fairly mental comparison.

The level of state involvement in the provision of services, versus the involvement of private enterprise, is not the same as suggesting that citizenship should be based on race and ethnicity.

sk8erboii wrote: »
    LOL

The persecution complex of certain people (Right wing fetishists) astound me.

No one wants to debate the National Party because they are mentally deranged. If Justin Barrett started shouting at me about immigration while Im in town with my Russian girlfriend or Phillipino best friend I will literally toss that deformed gremlin into the Liffey.

Stop oppressing me! The Right-wing man cries out as he takes away your rights as a migrant, woman, non-catholic.

Its in everyones best interest that you’re ignored and buried. You’re lucky to even have this safe space in boards.ie. Now do the mods a favor and just play by the rules.

Skater you don't really have a moral leg to stand on seeing as you advocate for the murder of political opponents. I'm pretty sure thats against the rules here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

To be fair, a right wing life looks like a miserable auld life.

Skater you don't really have a moral leg to stand on seeing as you advocate for the murder of political opponents. I'm pretty sure thats against the rules here?

No idea what youre on about mate. If you’re referring to the time I said killing Nazis was a moral obligation its quite different. A violent and genocidal ideology like that must be nipped in the bud before it gets out hand. My grandfather was in the US army during ww2 he saw it first hand.

Dont give me crap about oppressing alternative views. This isn’t Sinn Fein vs PBP vs Fine Gael vs Fianna Fail.

Killing Nazis is a proper and ethical response. I’ll debate anyone over this. But this thread isnt about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

flazio wrote: »
    To be fair, a right wing life looks like a miserable auld life.

Yeah you'd just have to see the saddos protecting their wealth on this thread to see how materialistic and shallow they all are. At the expense of the country also.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Granny15 wrote: »
    Yeah you'd just have to see the saddos protecting their wealth on this thread to see how materialistic and shallow they all are. At the expense of the country also.

Amen. And crapping themselves at the thought of non FG FF government.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 228 ✭✭ghost of ireland past

There is nothing wrong with right wing political thought. It is better than hating yourself, your history and your culture.

Leo Varadkar is vacuous and stands for nothing. What's to like?

I prefer people who have a strong vision for the future, like Victor Urban.

It is clear that Victor Urban is doing more for his country than our government is doing for ours, and he's more popular among his own people than our politicians. Would anyone like to dabate those facts?

No idea what youre on about mate. If you’re referring to the time I said killing Nazis was a moral obligation its quite different. A violent and genocidal ideology like that must be nipped in the bud before it gets out hand. My grandfather was in the US army during ww2 he saw it first hand.

Dont give me crap about oppressing alternative views. This isn’t Sinn Fein vs PBP vs Fine Gael vs Fianna Fail.

Killing Nazis is a proper and ethical response. I’ll debate anyone over this. But this thread isnt about that.

sk8er.png
    sk8er2.png

Amen. And crapping themselves at the thought of non FG FF government.

Not really, if the polls are to be believed then at least it shows that the electorate are finally prepared to ditch the duopoly. Which is a good thing even though I'm not a Sinn Feinn supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

Not really, if the polls are to be believed then at least it shows that the electorate are finally prepared to ditch the duopoly. Which is a good thing even though I'm not a Sinn Feinn supporter.

It'll probably end up being a FF minority government backed by FG, or a FF/FG coalition.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

It'll probably end up being a FF minority government backed by FG, or a FF/FG coalition.

A FF/FG coalition would be political insanity for both parties.

sk8er.png
    sk8er2.png

Yeah? I already explained it. If youre a Nazi you are declaring war on the entire planet. Dont cry foul when everyone wants you dead.

What are you trying to prove with this retarded argument anyway? That im somehow bad for wanting to eliminate nazis?

You gonna tell the boys who stormed normandy they were wrong for killing Nazis?

Pathetic pseudo intellectual mental gymnastics on your part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Yeah? I already explained it. If youre a Nazi you are declaring war on the entire planet. Dont cry foul when everyone wants you dead.

What are you trying to prove with this retarded argument anyway? That im somehow bad for wanting to eliminate nazis?

You gonna tell the boys who stormed normandy they were wrong for killing Nazis?

Pathetic pseudo intellectual mental gymnastics on your part.

You'd be a really good Nazi with comments like that.

A FF/FG coalition would be political insanity for both parties.

It would be great for all other parties both left and right as it would shatter the illusion of difference between them.

You'd be a really good Nazi with comments like that.

Yes Im sure the lads at Dunkirk were nazis for killing nazis.

Jesus what a retarded argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/abroad/no-one-mentioned-potholes-once-how-elections-in-ireland-and-britain-differ-1.4162412?fbclid=IwAR16-TBbRbUJtMGbSpwqIxE2BDP0sUT1ybTMMjBjMqL3HrT70AdIw024Yto

"While the policies of early 20th century Bolshevik revolutionaries are not for me, coming from Kildare South it was refreshing to have the option." :pac::pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 228 ✭✭ghost of ireland past

I can't take that Irish Times article seriously after it described Varadkar as 'polished'.

Time magazine got it right when they said he was socially awkward with no friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Suppose your a self appointed expert? Do enlighten me so.

Each term means pretty much whatever the hell you want it to mean. It's time this stupid, one-dimensional metric for determining political differences was scrapped. All the words stand for now are terms of abuse.

For some, "right-wing" triggers synonyms such as racist, coercive, religious, anti-poor, anti-union, nationalistic.

And, by contrast, "left-wing" summons up, in some people's minds, images of high-taxation, public-sector jobs for life, insufferable priggishness masquerading as "political correctness", multiculturalism, feminism, identity politics, and a culture of "call-outs" and "no-platforming".

In America, people even write pseudo-intellectual tomes redefining, or attempting to redefine, fascism and Nazism as fundamentally "left-wing" ideologies, whereas many would see those two as being essentially on the right.

Man is not a one-dimensional being. Politics have to be viewed in at least three dimensions: strategic, economic and popular, to have any hope of making sense out of people's policies.

Trying to discriminate on a basis of left or right wing tendencies just leads you to go round in circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Each term means pretty much whatever the hell you want it to mean. It's time this stupid, one-dimensional metric for determining political differences was scrapped. All the words stand for now are terms of abuse.

For some, "right-wing" triggers synonyms such as racist, coercive, religious, anti-poor, anti-union, nationalistic.

And, by contrast, "left-wing" summons up, in some people's minds, images of high-taxation, public-sector jobs for life, insufferable priggishness masquerading as "political correctness", multiculturalism, feminism, identity politics, and a culture of "call-outs" and "no-platforming".

In America, people even write pseudo-intellectual tomes redefining, or attempting to redefine, fascism and Nazism as fundamentally "left-wing" ideologies, whereas many would see those two as being essentially on the right.

Man is not a one-dimensional being. Politics have to be viewed in at least three dimensions: strategic, economic and popular, to have any hope of making sense out of people's policies.

Trying to discriminate on a basis of left or right wing tendencies just leads you to go round in circles.

The idea that you must be either left out right and thats that is ignorant for me.

The American journalism you speak of is just lazy. Nazism and Facism are right wing, but that's not saying there are no totalitarian viewpoints on the left.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Time magazine got it right when they said he was socially awkward with no friends.

Where on the spectrum did they place him?

I mean the political spectrum of course...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

See the National party had a party broadcast on RTE. Wasn't the best thought it could have been a lot better but still least a right wing Nationalist party got an airing, I'm sure the lefties and those in (PBP) pure bullshyt propaganda be livid over it!.

I’m delighted. The more people know about the National party, the less likely they are to vote for them.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Brian? wrote: »
    I’m delighted. The more people know about the National party, the less likely they are to vote for them.

It's not something I'd lose sleep over. Their votes are reflective of support for far-right based ideologies here.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement