Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭upthedeise16

Mulbert wrote: »
    We're u at it? How did he or the rest of the Waterford lads go?

No, only saw it on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

I was at it. WIT were way too good. Calum Lyons the best of the Waterford lads although Ciarán Kirwan scored 2-2 from play too.

I was at it. WIT were way too good. Calum Lyons the best of the Waterford lads although Ciarán Kirwan scored 2-2 from play too.

Ciarán in with the footballers I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭thesultan

Ciarán in with the footballers I think

What club is here?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭tommylad1212

thesultan wrote: »
    What club is here?

Kill/fenor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Waterford SHC 2020
    Group A
    Ballygunner
    Abbeyside
    Roanmore
    Clonea

Group B
    De La Salle
    Passage
    Ballysaggart
    Fourmilewater

Group C
    Dungarvan
    Mount Sion
    Lismore
    Tallow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Waterford SHC 2020
    Group A
    Ballygunner
    Abbeyside
    Roanmore
    Clonea

Group B
    De La Salle
    Passage
    Ballysaggart
    Fourmilewater

Group C
    Dungarvan
    Mount Sion
    Lismore
    Tallow

Group A looks tasty, was the draw for the leagues made

Group A looks tasty, was the draw for the leagues made

What leagues do you keep asking about ?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/heres-our-predictions-for-this-years-division-1-hurling-976551.html

WATERFORD.

Last year: Runners-up.

Manager: Liam Cahill (First year).

Captain: Pauric Mahony.

Something old: Noel Connors (29) and Maurice Shanahan (29) may have been jettisoned on the grounds of age but Kevin Moran, 33 in March, is in for a 15th season.

Something new: A lot of excitement about Dessie Hutchinson. Waterford need an X factor and the 23-year-old could be a real plus in attack.

Does the League really matter to them?: Absolutely. This group couldn’t be a better rehearsal for what comes in the summer. Earn a knock-out spot and people won’t be so down on the county’s prospects.

Their KPI for the League: Cahill will rightly say performances but three wins would represent a solid six weeks. Westmeath and the two home games will likely be targeted.

What's their manager most likely to say: “We’re changing things in Waterford and with change patience is required.”

Fixtures: Jan 26: v Cork (h); Feb 2: v Westmeath (a); Feb 15: v Limerick (a); Feb 23: v Galway (h); Mar 1: v Tipperary (a).

Key tie and why: Although they are a work in progress, Waterford will be keen to deliver at home after the two Munster SHC losses in Walsh Park last summer. They’ll have plenty of hurling done by the time they play Galway next month.

Prediction: Fifth. A lot of running repairs have to be done to a group that has been decimated either by natural wastage or Cahill’s own culling. An inexperienced team will need time to gel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭hardybuck

What's the story with the proposals regarding Championship/League structures? Weren't the proposals discussed recently?

• Advertisement

hardybuck wrote: »
    What's the story with the proposals regarding Championship/League structures? Weren't the proposals discussed recently?

Draws were made last night, formats the same as the last 3 seasons ,

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

hardybuck wrote: »

There was an open forum for people to attend to discuss structures on Monday last. The only proposals which look like being adopted are U19 becoming U20 and a restructuring of the leagues.
    I can’t see an awful lot changing at U20, it will still be run off late in the year.
    The league structure is a positive step I think. Groups of 6 I believe is what is being looked at with promotions, relegations. There was some talk of revamping the scoring system possibly too, not sure whether that was decided at county board meeting Monday night.
    There was no discussion at all on making junior or intermediate all county competitions, the executive simply skipped over them stating they are divisional.
    There was some good discussions on different possible senior championship formats, when to play the games, how to structure the championship when it resumes after our county teams have finished etc.
    There was also discussions re regrading rules and ways to make this work better for players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Anyone want to have a stab at naming a team for Sunday?

Anyone want to have a stab at naming a team for Sunday?

hard to call

Stephen Bennett and Conor Prunty have played in a lot of games so far with some guys only playing a few. Did Pauric Mahony start a game yet. Would like to see Dessie Hutch start and play well. Theres a lot of expectation on him

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭DLS2THECORE

Something along these lines would be my guess ( injuries and Fitzgibbon cup permitting )

SOK
    Conor Gleeson
    Conor Prunty
    Shane McNulty
    Callum Lyons
    Darragh Fives
    Kevin Moran
    Jake Dillon
    Austin Gleeson
    Shane Fives
    Pauric Mahony
    Jack Prendergast
    Mikey Kearney
    Stephen Bennett
    Dessie Hutchinson

Something along these lines would be my guess ( injuries and Fitzgibbon cup permitting )

SOK
    Conor Gleeson
    Conor Prunty
    Shane McNulty
    Callum Lyons
    Darragh Fives
    Kevin Moran
    Jake Dillon
    Austin Gleeson
    Shane Fives
    Pauric Mahony
    Jack Prendergast
    Mikey Kearney
    Stephen Bennett
    Dessie Hutchinson

Would like to see a full forward line of Curran Bennett and Hutchison

Let's hope Cahill gets the half forward line working

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Keanes Road

Pauric Mahony is suspended for the game on Sunday.

Pauric Mahony is suspended for the game on Sunday.

Was that from getting sent off against Limerick in the championship last year??

Thinking about it Cork is a tricky one to start off it. Bar the Westmeath game there are no easy games in this league group. Win on Sunday and then hammer Westmeath would rightly set us up for the Limerick game

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

Would like to see a full forward line of Curran Bennett and Hutchison
    think you're talking to a dls head here , or a dreamer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Tommy Ryan gone from the panel? Looked a little light but thought he had great pace , heart and ability to take a score.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Relhcstirt

maximo31 wrote: »
    Tommy Ryan gone from the panel? Looked a little light but thought he had great pace , heart and ability to take a score.

Any one else gone?

Austin Gleeson went off after 12 minutes of today’s WIT-Mary I Fitzgibbon match which Mary I won

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Looked like a hamstring

****ing college games hopefully its not too serious. They should really of played these group games off earlier In the month

Cork going all out for Sunday

https://www.echolive.ie/corksport/Patrick-Horgan-will-lead-Rebel-hurlers-in-league-opener-against-Waterford-7d90ccb2-4500-4aa2-8a0e-c82d2f0b38e7-ds

Will be very hard for us with our injuries and suspensions

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Lads was at Mary i v wit game today I read Gleeson was on for 10 minutes it was v foggy but I didn't notice him at all and by god do I rate him so it wasn't as if I wouldn't know who he was. For me one of the standout players was Callum Lyons don't know much about him but was v impressed by him in 1st half I didn't see the 2nd

lim4ev wrote: »
    Lads was at Mary i v wit game today I read Gleeson was on for 10 minutes it was v foggy but I didn't notice him at all and by god do I rate him so it wasn't as if I wouldn't know who he was. For me one of the standout players was Callum Lyons don't know much about him but was v impressed by him in 1st half I didn't see the 2nd

Very disappointing to hear Gleeson didn't stand out 10 mins into a meaningless college game !!!

maximo31 wrote: »

That point in 2017 AI final was phenomenal. Flashes of brilliance but never consistent enough. At 30 I suspect the pace would be on the waine which is his main attribute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Gardner

going by his instagram he was in for a recovery session last night. hopefully nothing too serious and be fit for sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭thesultan

Where the intermediate draws done?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement