Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club Championships 2019-20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Jaysus Jerry Kelly is having a stormer so far.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Ballyhale just getting going now.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Ballyhale just getting going now.

Great save.

Borris are hanging in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

TG4 commentators wrong again.Ref booked Brendan Maher for a very fair shoulder. It's gone beyond a joke at this stage. People want to see some physical contact.

Couple of cracking points from tj

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Awful miss.

Caught in two minds.

Two point swing.

Sin an difriocht.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Martin567

BloodyBill wrote: »
    TG4 commentators wrong again.Ref booked Brendan Maher for a very fair shoulder. It's gone beyond a joke at this stage. People want to see some physical contact.

A fair shoulder to the head! Open your eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭me89

BloodyBill wrote: »

Straight to the head

me89 wrote: »
    Straight to the head

I thought Brendan Maher was lucky but my father said it shoulder to shoulder.

I'd like to see it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭threeball

me89 wrote: »
    Straight to the head

Looked shoulder to shoulder the 3 times I saw it. His problem was the player was rising and had no balance gained. Looked like a good turnover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

As good a shoulder as you'll ever see.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭North Cork Star

threeball wrote: »
    Looked shoulder to shoulder the 3 times I saw it. His problem was the player was rising and had no balance gained. Looked like a good turnover.

It was shoulder to shoulder in my opinion also. I thought Maher timed it perfectly. It's a pity to get punished by the ref nowadays for an excellent shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

To me it was a fair shoulder to shoulder. One was slightly off balance though which made it look worse than it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

There was absolutely zero contact with the head anyway. Watched replay several times. That much is clear.

McCormack was a little bit silly going near the helmet, but enough to call for red? Not really imo. Yellow the correct call.

Can those defending Brendan Maher agree that Dan McCormack should definitely have received a red card?

He pulled back Adrian Mullen by the helmet and then broke his hurley across him. What was he trying to do there? It was impossible to play the ball.

Martin567 wrote: »
    Can those defending Brendan Maher agree that Dan McCormack should definitely have received a red card?

He pulled back Adrian Mullen by the helmet and then broke his hurley across him. What was he trying to do there? It was impossible to play the ball.

He did after Mullen clearly barged/over carried the ball to massive extent.

No one mentioned the Dan McCormack incident, we pointed out the Brendan Maher was shoulder to shoulder. Should we also have pointed out the Richie Hogan did make contact with the head in the all Ireland? No because it was a separate incident?

He did after Mullen clearly barged/over carried the ball to massive extent.

So it should have been a free out?!!

Some utterly bizarrely biased posters on here.

Borris wasting the limited chances they're getting.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

So it should have been a free out?!!

Some utterly bizarrely biased posters on here.

Says the lad calling for BM's head ....:D

• Advertisement

threeball wrote: »
    No one mentioned the Dan McCormack incident, we pointed out the Brendan Maher was shoulder to shoulder. Should we also have pointed out the Richie Hogan did make contact with the head in the all Ireland? No because it was a separate incident?

Some great deflection there. I'm well aware it was a separate incident and that nobody had previously mentioned it. I was simply asking if everyone could agree that it was uncontroversially a clear red card.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Anyone else watching on gaago? Had a "skybox will shut down due to inactivity" warning for about five minutes and then it actually did shut down. 160 quid a year. Fooking amateur hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭blackwave

Anyone else watching on gaago? Had a "skybox will shut down due to inactivity" warning for about five minutes and then it actually did shut down. 160 quid a year. Fooking amateur hour.

Just using a VPN to watch it on TG4 player and it's been perfect for me.

Second half wides are really killing Borrisoleigh.

Still not out of it though.

Some great deflection there. I'm well aware it was a separate incident and that nobody had previously mentioned it. I was simply asking if everyone could agree that it was uncontroversially a clear red card.

Then why ask everyone "defending" Brendan Maher. Just ask your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Ompala

Borris shooting a lot of bad wides this half.
    Tbf Ballyhale not much better.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Second half wides are really killing Borrisoleigh.

Still not out of it though.

They should be level and hale have gone into themselves a bit. Wont last though.

Is anybody marking Mullen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

How the ref managed to say advantage was over before the shot was taken is mind boggling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Is anybody marking Mullen?

Dan did his best to mark him ... with his hurl.

Advertisement