Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club Championships 2019-20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Second half can only get better....

Don't hold your breath. Christ football is hard to watch especially after watching a decent hurling match beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Second half can only get better....

Doubt it - kilcoo think their system is working (tbf it's effective) so they'll keep at it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Corofin doing their normal play acting here and cynically killing the play up the field

Kilcoo are no angels either in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Wow. Now theres an advertisement for our native 'Catch and Kick' game. Kilkoo go full duvet and Corofin look like they havent a clue. Gaelic football is over and back traversing the pitch. Where are the straight runners in groups like rugby.? Its years behind other field games in utilising space and this in a game with no tackle. Any arm around the shoulder is a free and there were frees given to Kilkoo where there appeared to be no physical contact at all...Maybe the ref is a fan of 'Minority Report' and is predicting the foul like Tom Cruise could foresee a crime...Fair does...ahead of the times not behind

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭cal naughton

Referee certainly took the odds available on kilcoo this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Hurling needs to be the main event from here on in. That isnt football being played. Its a hybrid of Rugby / wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭kksaints

Football match is woeful. One of the worst misses I've seen form the Kilcoo no 3 in the match also.Theres zero atmosphere here in Croker for it. Now I expect that to pick up in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Let me Entertain You blaring from the speakers at half time. Someone at Croke Park has a sense of humor.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The tackle on Fitzgerald was was nearly more of a foul.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,421 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Consequence of that stupid card in the first half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Never a second yellow. That decision has effectively ruined the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Corofin to stretch their legs from here on in.

Caught him high, can't really complain, can see Corofin exploitiing the space now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Hurling needs to be the main event from here on in. That isnt football being played. Its a hybrid of Rugby / wrestling.

One bad half and you throw the entire game under the bus. There's plenty of drab hurling games but that gets swept under the carpet.

Corofin taking potshots.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭threeball

Kilcoo having to come out and attack will suit Corofin. I'd expect them to start making hay now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Corofin with everyone behind the ball there
    Never gets mentioned by any pundit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

kksaints wrote: »
    Football match is woeful. One of the worst misses I've seen form the Kilcoo no 3 in the match also.Theres zero atmosphere here in Croker for it. Now I expect that to pick up in the second half.

Never going to be a good atmosphere when it is two thirds empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Corofin with everyone behind the ball there
    Never gets mentioned by any pundit

I think their saving grace is that they kick pass the ball more than other teams,making it slightly more attractive to watch.

Instead of killing this game I think the red card improved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,380 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I dunno what Corofin were at - did they never see any Dublin matches, and how to breakdown the ultra defensive team? :confused:

1) Don't bring the ball into the tackles
    2) Play handpasses and wait
    3) Maybe take the odd long shot

Instead they did mostly the opposite for ages.

Amazed how poorly they started, you would swear it was a new invention they were up against.

I can't get my head around it.

Did they not practice it in training or what?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭threeball

I think their saving grace is that they kick pass the ball more than other teams,making it slightly more attractive to watch.

They'll play it any way the game dictates and can change it up at different phases. Very few teams can do that. The likes of Kilkoo have one plan and that's it.

Instead of killing this game I think the red card improved it.

I don't think it will have made much difference to Kilkoo considering the system they play. It is just one body less that can funnel back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

One bad half and you throw the entire game under the bus. There's plenty of drab hurling games but that gets swept under the carpet.

One bad half? Football has been poor for years. Where have you been looking at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

threeball wrote: »
    They'll play it any way the game dictates and can change it up at different phases. Very few teams can do that. The likes of Kilkoo have one plan and that's it.

Well kilcoo might level this now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭tanko

Kilcoo are as dirty as anything, jesus ulster football is grim

Nice rugby tackle there from Corofin:rolleyes:

Well kilcoo might level this now

The game is like groundhog day Dublin v Donegal AI Semi Final 2011 0-8 0-6.
    Where the Dubs were nearly caught
    Just the colours are different. Still can't believe how Corofin do not know how to play against that type of system. Not rocket science the examples were set

With all the people going on about the Hurling at least we're getting a more exciting finish to this game.

How many more chances do Kilcoo need!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭tanko

Three terrible wides, Kilcoo throwing this away.

Advertisement