Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Election 2020 poll

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Definitely SF this time around...

Can't stand FG & FF. For all intents and purposes, they are both essentially the same party these days... they're arrogant and they don't really give a f*ck about the average person on the street. Voting either of them back in, is basically a vote for more of the same backwards policies and wasted opportunities!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

I couldn't give a fuck who you would or wouldn't vote for, to be honest.

Classy :rolleyes:
    I've changed my mind, you should definitely vote for Sinn Fein. Your kind of people I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I think it's unique in the world that we can judge a party, Sinn Fein, both on their performance in government and in opposition. Their dismal record in the North would not give any confidence that they would be a good party for government here.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

I'll be voting Sinn Fein - While the Party have a bit to learn still --- I simply could never in a million years vote FF/FG again --- FG are ideologically welded to this nonsense of a 'market' and have no regard for citizens needs or wants. They are ridiculously insensitive to the average citizen's daily struggles and continually prove this every time they open their mouths. That's not what a government is - they are about protecting those that have and have no regard for those that dont ---that leads to more crime, suffering, mental health issues and on and on and on. FF are almost the opposite --- they'll do anything for power - beg, borrow, steal and they dont care who suffers because of it. They can both have such a mindset because they know the Irish people will vote for them in their droves and they'll never be far off being in government - no matter what crimes or misdeeds they do.

It's tragic really.

You'll get the usual finger wagging about SF's past ---- but did we not sign up to the GFA agreement to move on? It seems we did when it suits, but as soon as SF look like they might get near power the GFA is rapidly disregarded and the boot is firmly put to their throats --- we dont mind them being in gov up north, but not down here iit seems - which is totally hypocritical. FF/FG have ignored the north for 100 years and abandoned our fellow Irish to Orange mobs and gerrymandering for generations .... let's not forget that FF/FG both have this blood on their hands also --- not to mention the crimes of the civil war, that have rarely been spoken about, are as bad as anything done on this Island. More recently FG covered up the DUB/MON bombings --- and let's not mention the aftermath of the last FF led crash.

I've seen reference her to SF as scum ---- it's laughable when you hold up FF/FG as a comparison --- they're the biggest scum bags in the country but because they are middle class they are given a pass --- an age old Irish tradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Im voting for labour - due to the candidate herself (moynihan, dublin sc), not the party. My next prefs will be Inds, SD, Green. I would give a pref to SF if it was anyone but O'Snodaigh.
    Not goving any prefs to FG, FF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Arghus wrote: »
    It's tough to decide. Everyone is different degrees of useless

And the rest are the rest.

I'm starting to suspect Arghus may be me sneakily posting in my more articulate moments..
    That post sums up my thoughts perfectly, but I've never bothered to think it through even that far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Does anyone know if Deirdre McMorrow is “running”? Really enjoyed her posters in the last one.

Her name is Denise, not Deirdre. But no, I don't believe she's running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Arghus wrote: »
    In reality they'd squabble amongst themselves and almost nothing would get done.

Every day would be like an episode of the apprentice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Classy :rolleyes:
    I've changed my mind, you should definitely vote for Sinn Fein. Your kind of people I guess.

What part of "I couldn't give a fuck who you would or wouldn't vote for" did you not understand? I wouldn't dream of coming on here and berating someone for voting for a party that I don't like.

I didn't birrate you, I simply said in post #30...

'Sinn Fein, is that the best you can do"
    I then listed their shortfalls as a party with infighting etc...

And then you come back with "I couldn't give a ****"

Classy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

https://ireland.isidewith.com/political-quiz

So this place is telling me based on the questions i answered there 80% sure i should vote for Fianna Fail.

Mmmm i wonder....

I didnt think there was much difference in FF and FG these days but according the results on there i was wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I’ll vote Fine Gael as I always do. Contrary to popular belief they are not the root of all evil and most of not all of the problems with the health services and housing are not of their doing.

If you seriously believe that by voting in a whole new government these issues will disappear overnight you are at best very deluded.

Fianna Fáil I don’t trust and Sinn Fein I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole for obvious reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    You'll get the usual finger wagging about SF's past ---- but did we not sign up to the GFA agreement to move on?

Sure. We move on. But that is no reason to vote for people who are comfortable with murdering others and a party who has violence and terrorism as part of its ethos. Most people realise that SF are dispicable people, and that voting for them to be a step to low for anyone with respect for their own morality. That they are not out murdering today, doesnt change the character behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I'd vote for the Workers' Party, but they aren't running anyone in my constituency. If People Before Profit had a decent candidate, I'd vote for them, but they don't. I'll probably end up unenthusiastically voting for Sinn Féin.
    The highlight for me so far is the sickening head Mary Lou had on when she had to face up to having to apologise and suspend the gob****e who criticised Varadkar. In due course she will be asking herelf "what the **** am I doing with this shower?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Exactly no one.

Not that I can't be arsed, it's just nobody appeals to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

I didn't birrate you, I simply said in post #30...

'Sinn Fein, is that the best you can do"
    I then listed their shortfalls as a party with infighting etc...

And then you come back with "I couldn't give a ****"

Classy.

That's democracy. Sometimes people vote for candidates or parties that you don't like. They all have their shortfalls - even whoever you're planning on voting for. When you grow up, you'll learn to quietly accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

An After Hours election poll and Sinn Fein isn't on 80%!

Is Boards broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MichaelKnee

Fine Gael for me. The only ones who even mention lowering taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,334 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm voting for Mickey Joe Harte from Lifford!

Anyone but the Greens.

There’s an awful amount of votes for them here. People must not like seeing much of their wages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Peter Casey for taoiseach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Asitis2019

The none of your business party

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MichaelKnee

Asitis2019 wrote: »
    The none of your business party

Hohoho! That's really clever! You're the greatest!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Vote for Pedro.

Anyone but the Shinners...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Greens easier than spoiling a vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Fine Gael for me. The only ones who even mention lowering taxes.

Of course they do they are hoping people will be stupid enought to believe them and vote them in again. I would not believe a word out of any politicians mouth. They are all in it for themselves thars it.

I am voting for Labour because we need more party's than just Fine Gael and Fine Fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Where’s the none of the above option. I’m truly fed up of the same old faces bull**** that traded as choices in oireland. They can all take a running jump shower of self serving gob****es.

No choice for the soc dems on the poll

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

bubblypop wrote: »
    No choice for the soc dems on the poll

Others - where they belong.

Advertisement