Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Election 2020 poll

Options
  • 16-01-2020 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭

So where will your votes be going in the upcoming Election?

Who will get your vote in the upcoming election 504 votes

Fine Gael
    66% 337 votes
    Fianna Fail
    9% 47 votes
    Sinn Fein
    7% 39 votes
    Labour
    6% 33 votes
    The Green Party
    2% 14 votes
    People Before Profit
    5% 30 votes
    Independent Alliance
    0% 2 votes
    Inds/Others
    0% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Where's the poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

So where will your votes be going in the upcoming Election?

In the ballot box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Maybe a mod can fix FF and SF due to the fada issue in the poll

• Registered Users Posts: 10,595 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Does anyone know if Deirdre McMorrow is “running”? Really enjoyed her posters in the last one.

Not my constituency and my “memory” isn’t short enough to vote FF but she’s still a cracker.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

I will be voting for James Lawless who is FF and I guy I respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

It's tough to decide. Everyone is different degrees of useless

I'm not a big fan of FG, they strike me a pompous and aloof, more interested in delivering "the message" than actually delivering. Everything feels without substance and I always detect an element of condescension and self righteousness with them. I don't think they genuinely care about people less well off then themselves.

FF are disengenous gombeens who bankrupt the country and now are hoping that no-one remembers that. So no. No forever and ever from me. Even though I think they might have marginally more compassion and empathy than the other crowd, but that isn't saying much. They're just intellectually inept.

SF are the ultimate hurlers on the ditch. Who can say and promise anything because they know they'll never be held to account. I'd nearly vote Sinn Féin, but I don't believe a word they say and I still get the whiff of cordite off them.

I feel sorry for Labour. I think they mean well and I can't argue with a lot of what they say, but they're uninspiring bunch. I reckon they'll get wiped out.

And the rest are the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

We have ranked choice voting and didn't make the poll multiple choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Drain the bog!

Earthhorse wrote: »

I guess a mod could change it if its the way to do it. I cant change it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Earthhorse wrote: »

There’s a multiple choice at the bottom. Aka anyone but those cnuts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Arghus wrote: »
    It's tough to decide. Everyone is different degrees of useless

I'm not a big fan of FG, they strike me a pompous and aloof, more interested in delivering "the message" than actually delivering. Everything feels without substance and I always detect an element of condescension and self righteousness with them. I don't think they genuinely care about people less well off then themselves.

FF are disengenous gombeens who bankrupt the country and now are hoping that no-one remembers that. So no. No forever and ever from me. Even though I think they might have marginally more compassion and empathy than the other crowd, but that isn't saying much. They're just intellectually inept.

SF are the ultimate hurlers on the ditch. Who can say and promise anything because they know they'll never be held to account. I'd nearly vote Sinn Féin, but I don't believe a word they say and I still get the whiff of cordite off them.

I feel sorry for Labour. I think they mean well and I can't argue with a lot of what they say, but they're uninspiring bunch. I reckon they'll get wiped out.

And the rest are the rest.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

"None of the above".

"None of the above".

So you’re not voting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

With the numbers intending to vote Fine Gael I might have to vote Fianna Fáil to compete, problem is I would then have to kill myself. As for those intending to vote Green, get a fcuking grip,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I know it's early stages, but good to see Inds/Others winning this poll.
    If enough of them get elected, it could see the formation of a party that represents the majority of working/former workers/contributing/law abiding citizens of this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Kivaro wrote: »
    If enough of them get elected, it could see the formation of a party that represents the majority of working/former workers/contributing/law abiding citizens of this country.

In reality they'd squabble amongst themselves and almost nothing would get done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Arghus wrote: »
    In reality they'd squabble amongst themselves and almost nothing would get done.
    You mean, like the current FG/FF coalition.
    I'd take that risk.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kivaro wrote: »

source.gif

You're having a giraffe right?

Most Independents elected are subscribed to parish pump politics and don't give two hoots about national issues.

Or they wind up like Shane Ross.
    Wasting a vote imo going Independent.

New party my eye :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

My take on it

FG are incompetent
    FF are crooks (still)
    SF will always be scum of the highest order
    Green Party make it up as they go along
    Labour are not Labour
    PBF, Aontu etc not living in the real world, but sure the do no harm and it's good for them to get out in the fresh air.
    Independents can promise whatever they like and hope their seat/principles can be bought by a minority party looking to form a government, which is fair enough.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'll vote Green if it pisses off the farmers who doubled my commuting time today

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

The sensible option is best candidate in your offering from FF/FG/Lab/Grn. And certainly to use all top number on these four parties.

Which have a very comfortable majority showing that Ireland is happy with the politics this group (being essentially indistinguishable politically - its just what colour or personality do you prefer) presents.

That 24% are wasting their votes on independents though is troubling, and is becoming increasingly reckless and problematic for good governance of the country.

And that 13% might vote SF is remains an even greater embarrassement for Ireland, even if a porttion of them can be considered to be more part of the Independent mindset who are having their tantrum in an even worse mannerm exposing the low morals of a not insignificant minority of the country.

The sensible option is best candidate in your offering from FF/FG/Lab/Grn. And certainly to use all top number on these four parties.

Which have a very comfortable majority showing that Ireland is happy with the politics this group (being essentially indistinguishable politically - its just what colour or personality do you prefer) presents.

That 24% are wasting their votes on independents though is troubling, and is becoming increasingly reckless and problematic for good governance of the country.

And that 13% might vote SF is remains an even greater embarrassement for Ireland, even if a porttion of them can be considered to be more part of the Independent mindset who are having their tantrum in an even worse mannerm exposing the low morals of a not insignificant minority of the country.

Thanks for the lesson in upstanding morality. I'll have to tattoo it on my backside.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Thanks for the lesson in upstanding morality. I'll have to tattoo it on my backside.

You’ll hardly be able to read it from there, dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Necro wrote: »
    source.gif

You're having a giraffe right?

Most Independents elected are subscribed to parish pump politics and don't give two hoots about national issues.

Or they wind up like Shane Ross.
    Wasting a vote imo going Independent.

New party my eye :pac:

They are opportunists and snake oil merchants. It was tolerable when there was only a handful of them, but the virus has propogated over the last couple of elections and they are now causing a serious distortion in parliamentary numbers. Neither fit to govern, no coordinated enough to be an opposition, it effectively is a subtraction from the 158 TDs to 20 or so less. Risking hung parliaments. The upside is that with the death of the old FF/FG sworn-enemy dynamic and them being able to work together, with the correct coalition, we could end up with a numerically strong coalition government (albeit with the undercurrent of petty interparty rivalry) with effectively no opposition - there being only a rag tag bag of independents in that role, who are really little more than late night chatshow fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Ill give FF a vote. Let's face it, theres nothing between them and FG. Anyone that thinks FG is the party of prudence and bean counting and is the only option for safeguarding "the recovery" is in cloud cuckoo land. They were goading the FF government of the 2000's to dump as much petrol as possible on the growing economic bubble. No one has a fúcking clue what's going on, least of all the teachers, solictors, publicans and career politicians that sit in the Dail.

With that in mind might as well give the other crowd a go behind the wheel. Don't let anyone get too comfortable or arrogant. And the added benefit of seeing that pompous media whore Leo Varadkar on the oppostion benches would be almost reason enough to vote anyone but FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Agricola wrote: »
    Ill give FF a vote. Let's face it, theres nothing between them and FG. Anyone that thinks FG is the party of prudence and bean counting and is the only option for safeguarding "the recovery" is in cloud cuckoo land. They were goading the FF government of the 2000's to dump as much petrol as possible on the growing economic bubble. No one has a fúcking clue what's going on, least of all the teachers, solictors, publicans and career politicians that sit in the Dail.

With that in mind might as well give the other crowd a go behind the wheel. Don't let anyone get too comfortable or arrogant. And the added benefit of seeing that pompous media whore Leo Varadkar on the oppostion benches would be almost reason enough to vote anyone but FG.

Who would you want in coalition with them? Unless they go full Jack Lynch on us and promise to abolish property tax, water charges, bin charges and motor/road tax like they did in 1977 they won't get an outright majority?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Who would you want in coalition with them? Unless they go full Jack Lynch on us and promise to abolish property tax, water charges, bin charges and motor/road tax like they did in 1977 they won't get an outright majority?

Meh, tis fairly academic. Short of Sinn Fein becoming attractive all of a sudden it's same old same old. All coalition variations are going to result in similar policies. ie keep the growth going, keep people in jobs and keep the FDI sweet as a nut. Maybe the Greens will give them an excuse to do a tap about the environment/climate but it's all token stuff. All must bow at the altar of the €!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

I'd vote for the Workers' Party, but they aren't running anyone in my constituency. If People Before Profit had a decent candidate, I'd vote for them, but they don't. I'll probably end up unenthusiastically voting for Sinn Féin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

I'd vote for the Workers' Party, but they aren't running anyone in my constituency. If People Before Profit had a decent candidate, I'd vote for them, but they don't. I'll probably end up unenthusiastically voting for Sinn Féin.

Sinn Fein, is that the best you can do?

Drip drip allocations if bullying, infighting & ranker within the party, discontent + the obvious baggage from the recent past, and you'd vote for them :(

Couldn't imagine voting for that lot in my wildest dreams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Couldn't imagine voting for that lot in my wildest dreams.

I couldn't give a fuck who you would or wouldn't vote for, to be honest.

Advertisement