Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Really? That's bizarre, he sells out 80k stadia in the US and Asia pretty handily.

Not really. Westlife sell out 80k stadiums here. Yet wouldn't come close in virtually any other country in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sabrewulf

The app "bandsintown" just reported two Croke Park gigs for July 16 and 17, 2020. This one has to be taken with a grain of salt though: It reports an artist called "Ms Kimberly" but the image shows actress Dove Cameron. The overall tour dates for this one are also suspiciously extensive (over 300 gigs announced). So most likely a hoax, but I still lave this here for you to decide.

Works on desktop only, mobile redirects to app store:
    https://www.bandsintown.com/a/15463633-ms-kimberly

App screenshot attached

• Registered Users Posts: 37,989 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

sabrewulf wrote: »
    The app "bandsintown" just reported two Croke Park gigs for July 16 and 17, 2020. This one has to be taken with a grain of salt though: It reports an artist called "Ms Kimberly" but the image shows actress Dove Cameron. The overall tour dates for this one are also suspiciously extensive (over 300 gigs announced). So most likely a hoax, but I still lave this here for you to decide.

App screenshot attached

Who the hell is she ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Who the hell is she ??

I searched for you. (It doesn't really help)
    She's an actress known for her dual role on the Disney Channel series, Liv and Maddie.
    And despite her Disney origins, Dove Cameron, 23, displayed her rebellious side while spotted getting prepped for a tattoo while filming her latest project at a local body art parlor on Thursday.
    It says the UK show on Feb 22nd is a 'sneak peek' show.
    I would put money on it being a hoax, unless the 'persona' becomes an immediate million seller and gains a massive following. Must quickly buy tickets..

If true, I'd expect this to be a support act that jumped the gun on an embargo date.

However, the amount of announced gigs for this "artist" and the other oddities, like picture not matching artist name are strong indicators for it being a hoax.

• Advertisement

It's getting weirder: bandsintown provides some links for this artist: they all seem to belong to a young girl from Belgium.
    One is Twitter and there is this post from Dec. 31st mentioning the Jan 1st bandsintown announcement with references to Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa and Bebe Rexha:
    https://twitter.com/mskimyvdw/status/1212123292833853442

So, I guess she found a way to publish fake tour dates on bandsintown and is having a giggle...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

It's getting weirder: bandsintown provides some links for this artist: they all seem to belong to a young girl from Belgium.
    One is Twitter and there is this post from Dec. 31st mentioning the Jan 1st bandsintown announcement with references to Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa and Bebe Rexha:
    https://twitter.com/mskimyvdw/status/1212123292833853442

So, I guess she found a way to publish fake tour dates on bandsintown and is having a giggle...

If you click into the date on bandsintown it shows the date as 2023 so maybe she is planning on trying to make a name for herself then playing croker :D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A hell of a carbon footprint there - should be charged for crimes against humanity:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

greenspurs wrote: »
    Source ?

anything more on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Rage against the machine. Dublin july 04 2020, unsure of venue! No Belfast date!
    greenspurs wrote: »
    Source ?
    Bateman wrote: »
    anything more on this?

Looks like he has no update !!! :P #BS

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Squid, The Grand Social, Sunday 17th May

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

App screenshot attached

#IrelandWantsBTS is trending ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Low ticket warning for the Leif Vollebekk gig 02.05.2020 in the sound house.
    €13, what a steal!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Oh Sees. Button Factory. May 18th & 19th.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I see Placebo are back on tour during the summer, could see them doing maybe the Iveagh Gardens or Trinity if they play in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Yves Tumor - Whelans - 19th May

image.thumb.png.7acf64f442e4d27ecdacab3e09113e44.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Yves Tumor - Whelans - 19th May

image.thumb.png.7acf64f442e4d27ecdacab3e09113e44.png

****, just got an oh sees ticket for same date!

all quite atm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

All quite what?

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Quite quiet.

• Advertisement

All quite what?

On new major gigs been announced for the coming year. Croke Park shows etc

No real heavy rumours around either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    On new major gigs been announced for the coming year. Croke Park shows etc

No real heavy rumours around either

No harm that.
    Give people a rest from the incessant announcements over the last few months .

January is always a quiet month ,nobody has any money after Christmas but don't worry the promoters will have loads more to announce the last week of January once everyones paychecks are due.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’d have to take out a credit union loan tbh if any more gigs are announced

• Registered Users Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Yeah I'm glad of the break, more of a novelty then when gigs announced in February. Still some being announced. For example: https://twitter.com/foggynotions/status/1216682425054527488?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

The Chats
    Olympia Theatre
    19/10/2020

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭budgemook

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm glad of the break, more of a novelty then when gigs announced in February. Still some being announced. For example: https://twitter.com/foggynotions/status/1216682425054527488?s=19

Any idea what his solo show is like? I've seen him a couple of times with his band but not this solo show. I suppose just acoustic versions of his songs but interested to hear if anyone was at one of these before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭RayCon

maximoose wrote: »
    The Chats
    Olympia Theatre
    19/10/2020

:pac:

https://thechats.tmstor.es/?page=splash2&splash=5e1d97167b9b1

Sign up to the mailing list to get a Pre-sale code now .... just bagged a Standing Ticket :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

God is an Astronaut - Fri 17 Apr in the Academy Dublin, tix on sale now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭roadmaster

I see Bryan Adams is supporting Bon Jovi on there US Tour I wonder will that make its way to Europe this year or will it be next year?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

roadmaster wrote: »
    I see Bryan Adams is supporting Bon Jovi on there US Tour I wonder will that make its way to Europe this year or will it be next year?

They only played here last year so i cant see them returning till the next album cycle

Advertisement