Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

billyhead wrote: »
    Would love to see the Chillis live again. Seen them 3 times already and they put on a good gig.

really? Looking back on the worst/best gig thread they are featured a lot as one of the worst gigs (lansdowne rd).. I was at that gig it was crap. They were also crap at Slane when they played with QOTSA...

When did you see them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭fafy

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    really? Looking They were also crap at Slane when they played with QOTSA...

Slane in 2001, i thought they were exceptional, a 19 track setlist as a support act, where would ya get that, they did about 90 minutes if i recall.

Saw them again in 2003 at Slane, but thought the 2001 gig was far superior. Even though, there was a good chunk of “By The Way” material played in 2003, i don’t know, they seemed less “hungry”. or something.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

79868112_10156356351542271_2925086227105316864_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ohc=m-yjnpsnT-EAQnqoth_zO_j5uNzdGj5-TSy-yUYczpa-eampssgs2XsJA&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=cf068ef893450af90ffaa6cf23e31180&oe=5EB1777E

• Registered Users Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

79868112_10156356351542271_2925086227105316864_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ohc=m-yjnpsnT-EAQnqoth_zO_j5uNzdGj5-TSy-yUYczpa-eampssgs2XsJA&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=cf068ef893450af90ffaa6cf23e31180&oe=5EB1777E

Was original gig acoustic too?

Yep. In the Olympia. Had tickets and cancelled with five hours notice. Due to sickness which is understandable and happens.

But it should have been postponed to this.

Yeah that's kinda, why I was wondering. Would have thought they could have delayed and made tickets valid for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    really? Looking back on the worst/best gig thread they are featured a lot as one of the worst gigs (lansdowne rd).. I was at that gig it was crap. They were also crap at Slane when they played with QOTSA...

When did you see them?

Lansdowne was poor enough, but their Phoenix park gig was shocking. Awful sound, no energy. Thought they were excellent at Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭ts_editor

Eod100 wrote: »
    Was original gig acoustic too?
    Not quite. The original shows were 'Reworked' with a stage-full of extra musicians.
    As this is 'Acoustic', I'd expect it to be bare-bones, with no extra performers (hence, half the price of the November dates).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lansdowne was poor enough, but their Phoenix park gig was shocking. Awful sound, no energy. Thought they were excellent at Slane.

Caught them at Oxegen 06 and thought they were just boring imo

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

fafy wrote: »
    Slane in 2001, i thought they were exceptional, a 19 track setlist as a support act, where would ya get that, they did about 90 minutes if i recall.

Saw them again in 2003 at Slane, but thought the 2001 gig was far superior. Even though, there was a good chunk of “By The Way” material played in 2003, i don’t know, they seemed less “hungry”. or something.

i saw them in 02 and 03 and I think they were certainly less hungry as you say then. A real let down.. sounds like I was just unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Yep. In the Olympia. Had tickets and cancelled with five hours notice. Due to sickness which is understandable and happens.

But it should have been postponed to this.

Seems to be a presale for past purchasers starting tomorrow. Not sure how it works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Monkey2019

I'm surprised Guns N Roses didnt sell out...
    Too pricey and too many gigs on around the same time?

Monkey2019 wrote: »
    I'm surprised Guns N Roses didnt sell out...
    Too pricey ?

Exactly, sold their souls, look at this ****, talk about taking the piss
    https://vipnation.eu/gunsnroses

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Monkey2019

Over a grand each?!
    Metallica did the same on their tour - ridiculous money for a seat and a lanyard

• Registered Users Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

All the big bands do something similar nowadays. There are enough morons around to pay it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yeah except Metallica, ya got to meet, depending on your luck either a combination of Lars & Kirk, Kirk & Rob, or Rob & Lars.

Don't even get that with GN'R... Whether that's down to them personally, or management.

The Nal wrote: »
    All the big bands do something similar nowadays. There are enough morons around to pay it too.

Think the one Alter Bridge run is the cheapest of the bunch, plus the usual perks and more included with them kind of packages.

Their Meet & Greet is $175.00 but ya get the following...
    Soundcheck Access
    Meet the Band
    Exclusive VIP Laminate
    Limited Edition Signed Poster
    Walk the Sky CD
    Photo Op with Alter Bridge (Cellphone Photo)
    Hassel-free Merch Shopping
    Early Entry

Plus Mark does guitar/songwriting clinics during the tour, for $150
    One Hour Group Session
    Q&A with Mark
    On-stage Live Rig Tour
    Photo Op with Mark
    Soundcheck Access

And I've heard from people who have done the above, great value for money and the AB guys are absolute gents..

The Nal wrote: »

That's exactly it. If there wasn't demand, they wouldn't be doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Plus the fact that we all stopped buying CDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

fafy wrote: »
    Exactly, sold their souls, look at this ****, talk about taking the piss
    https://vipnation.eu/gunsnroses

"Go behind the scenes and ask a select member of the GN'R crew what it takes to put an elaborate production together"

"Exclusive Guns N Roses Guitar Pic"

Arriving to the gig, "I'm just going backstage to ask one of crew what o earth it takes to put such an elaborate production together and to collect my guitar pic"..
    :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

question why is resale only available on some events via tmstr web site ? surely more should be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Megadeath have an announcement tomorrow just want to leave that here there may be a gig here who knows

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Megadeath have an announcement tomorrow just want to leave that here there may be a gig here who knows

*Megadeth

The spelling you used is another term entirely.

Also it's probably album #16 related, Dave did mention in an interview they'd be releasing 3 new tracks from the album ahead of their tour opening for Five Finger Death Punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,280 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Therapy? in Olympia next September for 30th anniversary show

Eurythmics performed a few songs live last week for the first time in about 15years, might be touring in 2020.

https://youtu.be/GcNJzQVnsh8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Rage against the machine. Dublin july 04 2020, unsure of venue! No Belfast date!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,280 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Rage against the machine. Dublin july 04 2020, unsure of venue! No Belfast date!

I'm not falling for that one again

There touring Europe in 2021 Ive read cause the head of a musical festival in Europe wanted them and they were told 2021 was when they will be in Europe who knows though

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Yeah except Metallica, ya got to meet, depending on your luck either a combination of Lars & Kirk, Kirk & Rob, or Rob & Lars.

Don't even get that with GN'R... Whether that's down to them personally, or management.
    I think it's a management thing with Team Brazil. From what i've seen Axl is generally the only one if you ever met him on the off chance is the most accomodating to fans he will take a picture , sign the odd thing etc when hes not bombarded with people around him. The person who is the least willing to engage with fans is Slash he wont give you the time of day and has a no picture or signing policy , Duff seems cool with it as well the hired people have no problem with it. Another thing is that if they were to offer that opportunity as a package its open to any weirdo buying it and meeting them and it also means theyd have to be at the venue earlier than they want to. I see no problem with no meet and greets id rather meet them on the off chance than an actual organised thing if you are dying to see one of them up close or in a normal setting find out where they are staying if your that desperate but yeah they dont have to meet people if they dont want to i dont think any of the acts enjoy that part of it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Duffy98 wrote: »
    I think it's a management thing with Team Brazil. From what i've seen Axl is generally the only one if you ever met him on the off chance is the most accomodating to fans he will take a picture , sign the odd thing etc when hes not bombarded with people around him. The person who is the least willing to engage with fans is Slash he wont give you the time of day and has a no picture or signing policy , Duff seems cool with it as well the hired people have no problem with it. Another thing is that if they were to offer that opportunity as a package its open to any weirdo buying it and meeting them and it also means theyd have to be at the venue earlier than they want to. I see no problem with no meet and greets id rather meet them on the off chance than an actual organised thing if you are dying to see one of them up close or in a normal setting find out where they are staying if your that desperate but yeah they dont have to meet people if they dont want to i dont think any of the acts enjoy that part of it tbh

Surprised to hear that about Slash. Always thought he was a great guy for the fans.

Suppose not all rock stars are nice people. You probably see Joe Elliot walking around Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Seems to be a presale for past purchasers starting tomorrow. Not sure how it works

Thanks again for flagging this! Got the email which was buried away in my inbox and just got front row seats.

Was very fair as well. Limited to two tickets per unique ticket link.

Advertisement