Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭fafy

Burty330 wrote: »
    lol@ 97.50 to hear one song

She has a lot more than one song, Very talented lady

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

fafy wrote: »
    She has a lot more than one song, Very talented lady

Falling admittedly is superb, NYSOM is great too is but everything else is mediocrity. imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Zardoz

lol@ 97.50 to hear one song

97.50 plus fees ,better seats are 107.50 plus fees.
    Paddy tax is once again being applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Different strokes for different folks.

The whole "only has one song" is demonstrably a load of nonsense that's regurgitated for many artists by people outside of the fan base. She wouldn't be going this long if she had one good song.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

NYSOM is great too is but everything else is mediocrity. imo.

Billy Joel or Nas?! :D

Empire State of Mind the initial hit was Jay-Z with her featuring even.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Ozzy diagnosed with Parkinsons been some sh!t yesr for him had tickets for him but had to get them refunded. Do you actually think he will honour his commitment and perform cause his health isnt great and Sharon is just milking every last cent out of him. Ill only buy a ticket once i see hes done some shows of the tour saw a pic of him recording his new album from a chair cause he couldnt stand how on earth is he going to perform for 2 hours at his age abd health is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Ozzy diagnosed with Parkinsons been some sh!t yesr for him had tickets for him but had to get them refunded. Do you actually think he will honour his commitment and perform cause his health isnt great and Sharon is just milking every last cent out of him. Ill only buy a ticket once i see hes done some shows of the tour saw a pic of him recording his new album from a chair cause he couldnt stand how on earth is he going to perform for 2 hours at his age abd health is beyond me

Well like Sharon said, it's not exactly a death sentence, it's manageable with good days & bad days, also given the crazy life Ozzy has lived, it's going to take more than a Parkinson's diagnosis to slow him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Looks like another gig in Marquee due to be announced tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Eod100 wrote: »

Nathan Carter or Imelda May then

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Nathan Carter or Imelda May then

I've no idea tbh. Kinda goes back to each to their own and all that! :)

• Advertisement

I've no idea tbh. Kinda goes back to each to their own and all that! :)

could be The Frames

dont think it will be a rock/heavy metal act anyway

Different strokes for different folks.

The whole "only has one song" is demonstrably a load of nonsense that's regurgitated for many artists by people outside of the fan base. She wouldn't be going this long if she had one good song.

But she does only have one truly good song. Everything else doesn't come close to that ONE song.

Compare her to Pink who broke out around the same time. The difference in the amount of recognizable hits between the two is massive.

Keys doesn't command a 107 e ticket. Id be surprised if the gig sells out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Please let it be Megadeth !!

Was deadly down there the last time they were there !!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Ask your work colleague to name more than two Alicia Keys songs. They won't be able to... #ONESONG !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Vicar St the 17th too.

That's a great booking for St Luke's.

Must say I don't get the fuss myself - great voice, music a little drab - but it should sell out sharp, which is always the concern for small bookers like the lads in St Luke's.

Sounds like the right setting for it too.

Vicar St the 17th too.

That's a great booking for St Luke's.

Must say I don't get the fuss myself - great voice, music a little drab - but it should sell out sharp, which is always the concern for small bookers like the lads in St Luke's.

Sounds like the right setting for it too.

Yeah spotted Vicar St gig after. Haven't heard much of her but gonna check her out. Great booking for St Luke's alright , they're making some smart bookings!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭fafy

could be The Frames

Hopefully, The Frames.

Carter is already announed as one the 15 events announced, at the Marquee to date

could be The Frames

Should be a decent sized act alright cos doing special press conference for it. Think they have summer gigs already but you never know sure

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Should be a decent sized act alright cos doing special press conference for it. Think they have summer gigs already but you never know sure

Could it be The Strokes? Even though it would be a big small for them but they have announced a few European dates recently

• Advertisement

Could it be The Strokes? Even though it would be a big small for them but they have announced a few European dates recently

See they have a new album out this year alright. I think it would be on the small side after EP last year

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Be another David Gray gig at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭RayCon

Neil Peart Tribute with Irelands Premier Rush tribute band : 2112

Tramline, May 9th 2020.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112327969&postcount=958

RayCon wrote: »
    Neil Peart Tribute with Irelands Premier Rush tribute band : 2112

Tramline, May 9th 2020.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112327969&postcount=958

Deff worth checking out excellent tribute band

Tom Jones is playing the Marquee... I'll be honest wasnt expecting a good act but jesus the lineup this year is as bland as ever it really goes to show the difference between the calibre of acts that MCD can get and what Aiken can get its pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Tom Jones is playing the Marquee... I'll be honest wasnt expecting a good act but jesus the lineup this year is as bland as ever it really goes to show the difference between the calibre of acts that MCD can get and what Aiken can get its pathetic

It’s better than previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Zardoz

It’s better than previous years.

Much better, I will be going to a good few gigs.
    The National, Diana Ross, Cat Stevens, Crowded House, Tom Jones and probably Dido.
    MCD targeting the kiddie market for Independent Park, I've no interest in anything there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

It’s not unusual..

12:30pm theres a press announcment for another act for the Marquee so Tom Jones wasnt the "major act"? Ill keep the expectations low

• Advertisement

12:30pm theres a press announcment for another act for the Marquee so Tom Jones wasnt the "major act"? Ill keep the expectations low

Could just be word came out before official presser. Might be eh unusual to announce 2 acts on same day. :P

Advertisement