Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭fafy

Eod100 wrote: »
    Seems early in summer for Marquee

It is earlier than normal, so the first two gigs are in May. The normal sequence is June & July, but may have changed this year, as redevelopment is cranking up on the site, so they may want them offsite earlier than normal.

Last year, it ran from June 7th to July 14th. Brought forward by a week or so for 2020.

John Bishop had a second gig added last week, and i would expect more announcements to follow, 13 events announced so far. This year, had about 22 acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

An alter bridge/airbourne co headliner in the Olympia or even 3arena would of been greet

Burty330 wrote: »
    Lets hope the Chili's come back..John Frusciante has rejoined the band.

Maybe a euro tour will be announced early next year

It's been 8 years since Croke Park (can't believe it was that long ago) and with the full band back together it could be there

RDS arena show more likely

Edit- looks like there at a few festivals in Europe around June, so another June gig here is possible

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »

It's been 8 years since Croke Park (can't believe it was that long ago) and with the full band back together it could be there

Edit- looks like there at a few festivals in Europe around June, so another June gig here is possible

Even with Jon back in the band do you think they could sell out Croker? I think maybe a RDS + Belsonic show (like the Foo's did this year)

Even with Jon back in the band do you think they could sell out Croker? I think maybe a RDS + Belsonic show (like the Foo's did this year)

Atm they have dates in Greece,Italy (Firence festival), Holland (Pinkpop) and France through 5th June-20th June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Seems early in summer for Marquee

I was thinking the same

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭billyhead

Would love to see the Chillis live again. Seen them 3 times already and they put on a good gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

fafy wrote: »
    It is earlier than normal, so the first two gigs are in May. The normal sequence is June & July, but may have changed this year, as redevelopment is cranking up on the site, so they may want them offsite earlier than normal.

Last year, it ran from June 7th to July 14th. Brought forward by a week or so for 2020.

John Bishop had a second gig added last week, and i would expect more announcements to follow, 13 events announced so far. This year, had about 22 acts.

Ah yeah, see it's late May, 29 May so almost June really

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

billyhead wrote: »
    Would love to see the Chillis live again. Seen them 3 times already and they put on a good gig.

Could they do Leeds and Reading

Play the RDS over here

• Advertisement

So no word on Croke Park, Aviva or Slane gigs yet. When are these likely to be announced if any? Early next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭bennyl10

So no word on Croke Park, Aviva or Slane gigs yet. When are these likely to be announced if any? Early next year?

Wouldn't say Aviva is getting any with the Euros on

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

You'd have figured theyd be announced by niw on the lead up to christmas. There may not be any gigs in those venues next year dont see any acts touring next year that would fill either to be honest. Were all waiting on AC/DC but weve been waiting months for that. Theyll have ro be announced by mid January at least im happy enough ive Slipknot Tenacious D , GnR and Green day to look forward to and Maybe Ozzy depending on if hes in the country ill by that when i know hes here. Not even Paul Mccartney is coming over it seems this year was very stromg for gigs maybe next year not as much

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Wouldn't say Aviva is getting any with the Euros on

Last game on 30th June, seems time enough to have gigs in July and August. Bar 6N games, November internationals and football internationals, FAI cup final etc it's not used a whole pile so might as well be used when it's not in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Last game on 30th June, seems time enough to have gigs in July and August. Bar 6N games, November internationals and football internationals, FAI cup final etc it's not used a whole pile so might as well be used when it's not in use.

True but they can't or won't hold any gigs or otherwise 8 (or its 6 at the fewest) weeks before a football or rugby game so those weeks are generally unavailable unless there are special circumstances on the sport side.

True but they can't or won't hold any gigs or otherwise 8 (or its 6 at the fewest) weeks before a football or rugby game so those weeks are generally unavailable unless there are special circumstances on the sport side.

Ah yeah, that makes sense true to make sure pitch is in good nick! Might not be ones there so this summer in fairness so

A few of the last Croke Park concerts were actually announced in Jan/Feb of the year they were on Bruce Springsteen in 2016, U2 in 2017, Rolling Stones 2018 and I'm sure someone announced a gig after the superbowl one year

Had a great year this year and so far for 2020 have Slipknot, Green Day, Duran Duran and Crowded house with a few others I'd be interested in for the end of the year like Ozzy (if it actually bloody happens) and Elton John (after seeing Rocketman ha). Guns n Rose's is not a good time for me with the others been on so close to it and not living in Dublin or near it

Time will tell but satisfied for 2020 so far

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

A few of the last Croke Park concerts were actually announced in Jan/Feb of the year they were on Bruce Springsteen in 2016, U2 in 2017, Rolling Stones 2018 and I'm sure someone announced a gig after the superbowl one year

Had a great year this year and so far for 2020 have Slipknot, Green Day, Duran Duran and Crowded house with a few others I'd be interested in for the end of the year like Ozzy (if it actually bloody happens) and Elton John (after seeing Rocketman ha). Guns n Rose's is not a good time for me with the others been on so close to it and not living in Dublin or near it

Time will tell but satisfied for 2020 so far

Think it was Beyonce announcing for early July.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DarMul17

Sure in 2018 The Rolling Stones was announced in February, tickets on sale a few weeks after and then a gig in middle of May at Croke. If ACDC do play which I honestly hope it isn't Slane as I wouldn't go back, it will have to be in January announcement. Although I'm not invested in this ACDC talk. Although I'm more interested in, if any talk of Tool coming to Europe in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

Would love to see rhcp return to Slane. Seen them a few times including Slane in 2001. Were just not the same without Frusciante

• Advertisement

Would love to see rhcp return to Slane. Seen them a few times including Slane in 2001. Were just not the same without Frusciante

Slane Castle is what, 80,000? That seems fairly ambitious for them tbh. They played there in 2003 but don't think there would be same demand these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭fafy

Slane Castle is what, 80,000? That seems fairly ambitious for them tbh. They played there in 2003 but don't think there would be same demand these days.

Agreed, they played support to U2 in 2001 at Slane, and that would have helped with the 2003 gig, as a huge audience seeing them for the first time- like tours truly, and they were superb. Maybe RDS or Aviva for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The Chilis milked the Irish market for all it was worth.

Slane, Lansdowne Road, Slane, Phoenix Park, Oxegen, The O2, Croke Park and only played the Three Arena twice a couple of years ago.

Enjoyed them at Slane in 2001 and 03 was alright. Baffling demand for them really though. I still hear Universally Speaking on Irish radio. There must have been some meeting somewhere 15 years ago where all the stations agreed to play that song every day.

The Nal wrote: »
    The Chilis milked the Irish market for all it was worth.

Slane, Lansdowne Road, Slane, Phoenix Park, Oxegen, The O2, Croke Park and only played the Three Arena twice a couple of years ago.

Enjoyed them at Slane in 2001 and 03 was alright. Baffling demand for them really though. I still hear Universally Speaking on Irish radio. There must have been some meeting somewhere 15 years ago where all the stations agreed to play that song every day.

There was a stage where they'd nearly play in your back garden :P

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

I'm fairly sure before supporting U2 in 2001, they hadn't played in years. I was mad excited at the time to see them announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I'm fairly sure before supporting U2 in 2001, they hadn't played in years. I was mad excited at the time to see them announced.

Nearly 6 years yeah

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/concert-map/red-hot-chili-peppers-13d68969.html

The Nal wrote: »

F**k, that link sent me down a rabbit hole of past gigs. Specifically those in the SFX. Only managed to get one gig there, Ash in late 1998... f**k me though the amount of amazing bands to play there down thru the years in their prime or just having released brilliant albums and about to explode in popularity, all in such an intimate venue.

Randomly Chumbawumba in amongst them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

... the amount of amazing bands to play there down thru the years in their prime or just having released brilliant albums and about to explode in popularity, all in such an intimate venue.

My standout in the SFX is Smashing Pumpkins, August 1995, two months before Mellon Collie was released.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

My standout in the SFX is Smashing Pumpkins, August 1995, two months before Mellon Collie was released.

saw The Verve there just before Urban Hymns came out.

• Advertisement

Now there's 2 gigs i would've traded my right nut to see.

Advertisement