Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I remember in coolock 12 to 20 years ago, if you had an issue with someone, there were people who could sort out issues. That seems to be gone.

While the influence of certain.people is gone, those who filled that vacuum dont seem to be as smart. This carryon seems reckless.

I am also sure other areas had people of influence who could help stop stuff going mental.
    The viggies. Everyone feared the viggies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Whats the point in having a knife if you have a gun?

cutting up the body of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Timmyr wrote: »
    Mate you need to get a twitter account
    what handle?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭NaDeise92

Fedcba321 wrote: »
    Got sent a pic of a lad standing posing with flip flops on with a price tag on them, light ginger hair, then got sent a video of a lad being sliced up looks like few young lads slashing him with machete, I’d guess it’s in coolock, looks like same lad

Lads and machete video I think might be the artane attack on the younglad a few weeks back , might be wrong but I just received that one there myself

NaDeise92 wrote: »
    Lads and machete video I think might be the artane attack on the younglad a few weeks back , might be wrong but I just received that one there myself

Yeah could be not sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Got sent a pic of a lad standing posing with flip flops on with a price tag on them, light ginger hair, then got sent a video of a lad being sliced up looks like few young lads slashing him with machete, I’d guess it’s in coolock, looks like same lad

The machete video is the youngfella in Artane who had his finger chopped off a few weeks ago.
    Not related to the lad with flip flops on

There’s some absolute ****e going around WhatsApp.

The lad in the flip flops is also not the victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,268 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I agree, as a nation we’ve become desensitised, i was chatting in work about this earlier with a group and we could have been talking about a football match no one gave a ****e and showed no repulsion at it, I’m no do gooder believe me but I actually found the conversation really fd up and left with the thought is that we’ve become, as a society no one really gives a f*** anymore, chopping up 17 years and I’ve no doubt he was no saint should never be accepted as the norm, I suppose we’re becoming that way as a nation, everyone just lookin out for their own corner, sad really.

Thats how Ireland is. Its fùckin horific. Age is meaningless in that business.

The bad sign is when you hear of people with no gang connections getting caught in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

It's fascinating how video footage is spreading so quickly to the ordinary joe!

Thesiger wrote: »
    Yeah it seems like a horrible life even at the top. For example according to the papers Mr Big’s bail conditions for around six years required him to sign on at Pearce St twice a day before returning to his heavily fortified, bullet-proofed home, where presumably every movement out on the street is treated with suspicion. Also the smart ones will understand that 99% of the time the life leaves you dead or in jail for a long time.

There is people doing particularly well for the last 15/20 years, keeping the head down. The biggest problem they have is spending cash and hiding cash. Can’t buy property here either. All buying property in spain.
    Speaking from personal experience from a few I know. Everything done through the phone mainly. Keeping distance.

In saying that, it’s few and far between.

Garda
    Everywhere looool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Omackeral wrote: »
    This chancer with literally his first post :pac::pac::pac:

These photos will be shown around schools tomorrow.
    Awful that kids can come on here and request these.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 legal_lassie

Omackeral wrote: »
    Or you could what you've been doing for the last 6 years and just not post in it?

I never post but in this case I feel it is necessary, right. That ok with you????

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Sharing those pics is the same as those cúnts sharing the M50 pics. Low life’s.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,625 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Can people stop asking for the pictures

jon1981 wrote: »
    It's fascinating how video footage is spreading so quickly to the ordinary joe!

It’s actually sick, people who want to see these pics are not normal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bounty hunter 123

Don’t share or pm could jeopardize a legal case against sick perpetrators

• Registered Users Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭circadian

Beasty wrote: »
    Can people stop asking for the pictures

On the ball tonight, fair play. I thought I was losing my mind since those posts were gone in minutes. Top stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 HairyFeet

Giving out about people asking for pics like you're better than that�� the thread is called gangland shootings and it's full of ***** gossip give over

Isn’t the victim of what ? I know it’s not KM but it’s still one of the boys who took rl bag and flip flops and that’s why he sent out that twisted message

The WhatsApp stories doing the rounds seem to varying.
    The photo of your man with the kit bag and flip flops

Then a photo of a leg chopped off wearing a flip flop.
    Then a voice recording to go with the videos
    And a video of <no initials> getting the smacks.

It’s making out that the youngfella in the photo is the youngfella that got chopped up but it’s not.

I’ve been sent a few different things at this stage.
    Video of torso and some lad in a room.
    It’s all over the shop. Wouldn’t know what to believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I'd say this is effectively the end of the Drogheda feud. There will be a huge clampdown now. From what the Crim cors are saying this killing was a different level, and not just because he was 17. It suggests that he was tortured and some dismemberment took place while he was alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Madouveh

My favourite part of this thread is hearing a bunch of people with Tayto dust encrusted on their fingertips and RTE on constant stream in the background - speculate and whisper about a minority of a minority of utter scumbags who couldn't pass 1st year CSPE - as if they're El Chapo's henchmen.

These are just a bunch of bike thieves who got into selling drugs. This is not 'organized crime'.

The actual tragedy in all this is that most poor kids who are at risk dont see another life for themselves. They are angry (rightfully so) and don't have the vocabulary or means to express it. So grey tracksuits with blue windbreakers become their chosen attire and they usually have convictions before they're out of their teens which prevent them from being able to even get a job or emigrate even if they got their sh1t together.

Meaningful investment and sustained social services in these areas won't solve the problem, but it can certainly help some at risk people heal and not revert to drugs or crime; it can also assist them in visualizing a future for themselves other than what we're reading about in the news.

HairyFeet wrote: »
    Giving out about people asking for pics like you're better than that�� the thread is called gangland shootings and it's full of ***** gossip give over

The whole thread should be closed, it’s sick, who do people think they are, “gossiping” online about sick violent criminals glorifying the **** that they do sharing pictures, obviously people commenting on here are somewhat in awe of what is going on. And that is part of the problem too.

Goodbye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 guccimain

Mate come on, stop with the politics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

The whole thread should be closed, it’s sick, who do people think they are, “gossiping” online about sick violent criminals glorifying the **** that they do sharing pictures, obviously people commenting on here are somewhat in awe of what is going on. And that is part of the problem too.

Goodbye

Don't go you're great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steviewinger

What is the club in the red cow called now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Thrush

• Registered Users Posts: 46 HairyFeet

I for one love the craic but I'm not going to pretend I'm above it

Madouveh wrote: »
    My favourite part of this thread is hearing a bunch of people with Tayto dust encrusted on their fingertips and RTE on constant stream in the background - speculate and whisper about a minority of a minority of utter scumbags who couldn't pass 1st year CSPE - as if they're El Chapo's henchmen.

These are just a bunch of bike thieves who got into selling drugs. This is not 'organized crime'.

The actual tragedy in all this is that most poor kids who are at risk dont see another life for themselves. They are angry (rightfully so) and don't have the vocabulary or means to express it. So grey tracksuits with blue windbreakers become their chosen attire and they usually have convictions before they're out of their teens which prevent them from being able to even get a job or emigrate even if they got their sh1t together.

Meaningful investment and sustained social services in these areas won't solve the problem, but it can certainly help some at risk people heal and not revert to drugs or crime; it can also assist them in visualizing a future for themselves other than what we're reading about in the news.

Gas thing is in Rathmullen/ Finians / Ballsgrove you can actually leave a bike unlocked outside the front door and it''ll stay there!!!! Recall walking to the shops before Christmas when I was up with the folks and counting 6 outside houses along the way and 2 would be decent Giant eBikes 'auld lads had worth about 1k + each. Remember saying it to my dad when I got back with the milk that these lads were nuts and was assured the bikes were fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭NaDeise92

Diva (dive)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steviewinger

I used to take a few e's in the harp, I hope I am not a contributor to these kind of thugs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement