Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

munster87 wrote: »
    Just who your mates are growing up can be huge

For sure.

I always think back to Narcos when I wonder why people think drugs is something good to get involved in.

There we had one of the richest men in the world. He was at the top, the real top of the world trade.

Yet he ended up on the run with 1 mate, being hunted down like a dog, with No one to trust.

Show me someone whose life has been made better by being a drug dealer or supplier. I genuinely don't think even the Kinahans of this world are better off. They are always looking over their shoulder, or wondering if they are going to get whacked soon. Or banged up for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's more visible/accessible to people anyway with the likes of Twitter/Whatsapp. Even people who know next to nothing about the feuds get stuff sent to them. It's a different era nowadays. Plus everyone and their brother out there is on the bag.

Myself nor my 2 brothers are "on the bag" only weak people with no sense are..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

NIMAN wrote: »
    For sure.

I always think back to Narcos when I wonder why people think drugs is something good to get involved in.

There we had one of the richest men in the world. He was at the top, the real top of the world trade.

Yet he ended up on the run with 1 mate, being hunted down like a dog, with No one to trust.

Show me someone whose life has been made better by being a drug dealer or supplier. I genuinely don't think even the Kinahans of this world are better off. They are always looking over their shoulder, or wondering if they are going to get whacked soon. Or banged up for life.
    You're looking at it through the eyes of a normal (I presume) civilian. Most of these people are born into a $hitty life of violence, drugs, alcohol, stealing, never worked etc etc. They don't know any better, they've never experienced anything else. Leaving cert and work is never on the cards. It's common in many areas of the country.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No pictures or links to pictures, videos or anything else graphically depicting any body parts, genuine or fake (or indeed any such media relating to any individual/crime). They are being taken down from other sites for a reason

Any questions PM me - do not respond to this post in-thread

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ciapen

JMMCapital wrote: »

I'll never be surprised at the amount and types of people on the bag. A lot of them then go on Twitter, Facebook etc condemning drug gang violence when they themselves are a main part of the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Thesiger

For sure.

Yeah it seems like a horrible life even at the top. For example according to the papers Mr Big’s bail conditions for around six years required him to sign on at Pearce St twice a day before returning to his heavily fortified, bullet-proofed home, where presumably every movement out on the street is treated with suspicion. Also the smart ones will understand that 99% of the time the life leaves you dead or in jail for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ruxon

NaDeise92 wrote: »
    <deleted>
    he was abducted on Sunday ya bleedin gimp

Even relatives who have no time for fueding get drawn into it just because they’re relatives. Look at the hits on the Hutch family, some of them had no history of crime.

I don't know one member of the hutch family that's not involved in some kind of crime

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Are all the body parts including the head found now?
    It goes to show how chaotic these peoples thinking is. All they’ve done is draw the Gardai on them and put the whole focus of the country on the Drogheda feud. This will totally backfire. Everyone in the country is talking about this and people want these barbaric killers taken off the streets right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Righteouswrong

Ruxon wrote: »
    I don't know one member of the hutch family that's not involved in some kind of crime

Spot on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Why were they driving around with a chopped up body in coolock? And then burnout out a car near ballybough. Sending a message or actual panic?!

Btw how are people ending up in whatsapp groups where these images are shared?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NaDeise92

I know. I mean the drogheda lads surely couldnt of disposed of him last night as they were 100% being watched/houses being turned upside down.
    Meaning there is someone else involved other than the main lads in drogheda down here in dublin maybe - that's what I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

So gardai caught wind of this 2 days before it happened. Surely they had enough info to arrest a few lads, make a point of them knowing whats going on?!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ucntcme

there was a shooting in drogheda on monday wasn't there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

If they're chopping up kids in their own houses, it shows they're lacking in either planning skills or the cash to have a few lock-ups or warehouses. Or both.

NaDeise92 wrote: »
    I know. I mean the drogheda lads surely couldnt of disposed of him last night as they were 100% being watched/houses being turned upside down.
    Meaning there is someone else involved other than the main lads in drogheda down here in dublin maybe - that's what I meant.
    that makes no sense ... Coz there was an attempted hit on PC u think that all his associates were being questioned ?? Would it not be the other side ? Cmon mate , keep up .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This murder has taken things to a new level.

The great worry is that it can only go one way now. Retaliation has to be even more gruesome. Future killings will get more violent. Nothing will be off the table.

It is already touching on Mexican cartel style. How many years before we see bodies hanging off bridges? Young children of gang members abducted and murdered?

Hopefully that's not the way it's headed but I just get the feeling that in 10, 20 years that's the sort of stuff that'll be on the 9 o'clock news.

ciapen wrote: »
    I'll never be surprised at the amount and types of people on the bag. A lot of them then go on Twitter, Facebook etc condemning drug gang violence when they themselves are a main part of the problem.

I've heard of plenty of them people too... wait till reality hits them!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I meant to exclude you specifically, apologies.

What I'm saying is it's massively widespread nowadays and in abundance which leads to paranoia and rash decisions.

If they're chopping up kids in their own houses, it shows they're lacking in either planning skills or the cash to have a few lock-ups or warehouses. Or both.

Most of these lads haven't a single brain cell between them. look at their facebook profiles... says it all really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭beerbellybob

truly stomach turning stuff-can you imagine picking up a dismembered head and putting it in a bag??? WTF is going on?
    can anyone state why this was done to this lad?

specifically: IE he killed ___ or whatever, just seems so over the top that there must be a specific thing he did but could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

ciapen wrote: »

It's everywhere. You'd do well to go to a gaff party and have nobody on it. So easily available. I could have it at my front door before a justeat order in all seriousness.

justsniff.ie hmmmm might be onto something there. Or instagram but that might be taken.

jon1981 wrote: »
    Why were they driving around with a chopped up body in coolock? And then burnout out a car near ballybough. Sending a message or actual panic?!

Btw how are people ending up in whatsapp groups where these images are shared?

One lad saves the image and sends it onto the next. I'm not in these groups but I remember a friend who showed me a pic sent to a WhatsApp group he was in of a poor girl who was decapitated on the M50 before I think it was last year. gruesome stuff.

truly stomach turning stuff-can you imagine picking up a dismembered head and putting it in a bag??? WTF is going on?
    can anyone state why this was done to this lad?

specifically: IE he killed ___ or whatever, just seems so over the top that there must be a specific thing he did but could be wrong.
    go through the previous 20 pages u should get the picture .. it's not what meets the eye , an over the top message, two or 3 sick puppies who have a mutual interest in violent revenge

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

One lad saves the image and sends it onto the next. I'm not in these groups but I remember a friend who showed me a pic sent to a WhatsApp group he was in of a poor girl who was decapitated on the M50 before I think it was last year. gruesome stuff.
    Yeah 1 of the lads sharing it was a junior player at a league of Ireland football club.

What's the story with the video of the lads starting on the guy with the gym bag? Is the dismembered teenager retaliation for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭The gray bird

I got that myself in a group what kind of sicko goes up to a fatal car crash video recording it all all for a few likes on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bigboldworld

This murder has taken things to a new level.

The great worry is that it can only go one way now. Retaliation has to be even more gruesome. Future killings will get more violent. Nothing will be off the table.

It is already touching on Mexican cartel style. How many years before we see bodies hanging off bridges? Young children of gang members abducted and murdered?

Hopefully that's not the way it's headed but I just get the feeling that in 10, 20 years that's the sort of stuff that'll be on the 9 o'clock news.

I agree, as a nation we’ve become desensitised, i was chatting in work about this earlier with a group and we could have been talking about a football match no one gave a ****e and showed no repulsion at it, I’m no do gooder believe me but I actually found the conversation really fd up and left with the thought is that we’ve become, as a society no one really gives a f*** anymore, chopping up 17 years and I’ve no doubt he was no saint should never be accepted as the norm, I suppose we’re becoming that way as a nation, everyone just lookin out for their own corner, sad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Madouveh

What's the story with the video of the lads starting on the guy with the gym bag? Is the dismembered teenager retaliation for that?

It's a traveller feud between Queveen Duncreeby and Climpipe McGonagle. Cant mention other specifics.

But sh1t's gonna go down, big shtyle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Lovinguinness

I remember in coolock 12 to 20 years ago, if you had an issue with someone, there were people who could sort out issues. That seems to be gone.

While the influence of certain.people is gone, those who filled that vacuum dont seem to be as smart. This carryon seems reckless.

I am also sure other areas had people of influence who could help stop stuff going mental.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement