Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mar_mar27

Will they tell you on the day of the medical if you passed or not? Or will you have to wait for an email?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

Mar_mar27 wrote: »
    Will they tell you on the day of the medical if you passed or not? Or will you have to wait for an email?

They tell you on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

I tore my acl roughly two years ago and I'm a year into recovery after surgery. I'm back playing sport and am having no issues. Will I need to bring a written letter from my surgeon to the medical stating the procedure I had done or is it sufficient me just mentioning it at the medical? Or am I better off not mentioning it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Dave Ryan20

Hi everyone, anyone know the current oom bring called from 2018? Trying to get an understanding when I might be called. Vetting outstanding here too!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ulrika15

Does anyone know if you don’t pass your eye test in the medical what happens then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

Witcher wrote: »
    It only has to be under 30.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

Jake5991 wrote: »
    Yup your fine under 30

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

Yup your fine under 30

How under 30? Would 29 be a pass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

Uweir32 wrote: »
    How under 30? Would 29 be a pass?

Yes all the way up to 29.9 is a pass

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nicolec3090

Has anybody requested for an appeal after failing and how do you do it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Yes all the way up to 29.9 is a pass

What if you are muscular and over 30?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

jugger0 wrote: »

Up to the CMO to decide but might have to fight your corner a little

Been invited down for my PCT on 7th January... time to get the head down. Still really struggling with my shuttle run

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Larpeyton

EH95 wrote: »
    PM me when you see this I have a what’s app audio of the test they use on the day ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Just wondering could I get this off you if you don’t mind please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Hot_Fuzz wrote: »
    Up to the CMO to decide but might have to fight your corner a little

Ive heard its a straight fail over 30... that is so unfair!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Shaneoohh

Does anyone know when the next Garda recruitment campaign will open?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Shaneoohh wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the next Garda recruitment campaign will open?

Was hoping end of this year, but looking at it possibly the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Shaneoohh

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Was hoping end of this year, but looking at it possibly the new year
    Just hope it’s not April or later

• Registered Users Posts: 26 peader06

jugger0 wrote: »

I was 31.7 on my first test and passed, vetting held me up and on my resit I was 27. Had the same doctor for both and he didn’t know why he passed me. Up to the doctor on the day with all the other tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 EH95

Larpeyton wrote: »
    Just wondering could I get this off you if you don’t mind please?

Still need? Sorry I wasn’t on for the last few weeks

• Advertisement

Still need? Sorry I wasn’t on for the last few weeks

Yes please if you don’t mind :)

Hey folks I have my PCT on Tuesday and just got an email to invite me for medical on Thursday if I pass. All seems a tad rushed god knows how I’m gonna get another day of work to drive down.

Can anyone give me a breakdown of what happens during the medical and is there anything other than BMI can be a straight fail? My eyesight and hearing is fine. Cheers

Yes please if you don’t mind :)

PM Me when you see this and I can send it on what’s app once you give me your number ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Uweir32 wrote: »
    Hey folks I have my PCT on Tuesday and just got an email to invite me for medical on Thursday if I pass. All seems a tad rushed god knows how I’m gonna get another day of work to drive down.

Can anyone give me a breakdown of what happens during the medical and is there anything other than BMI can be a straight fail? My eyesight and hearing is fine. Cheers

Hi, First of all you do your medical in Garda headquarters in Pheonix park in Dublin, not templemore so hopefully that makes it easier for you? Don’t know where your coming from....

When you get there you just sign in at reception and they will direct you to the medical building.. you then sign in there, they give you a form to fill out and tell you go take your urine sample in the bathroom and then just wait to be called by nurse first,

She will do your height, weight, BMI, blood pressure, and hearing test... once your done there you then sit down and wait to be called by the doctor who will do your eye test + do a general check up on breathing etc and basically make sure everything is all good and then he will sign you off and done!

BMI, hearing and eyes, are the only things you can fail as far as I know... if you have any injuries or had any recent operations just bring medical forms for them just to be safe, hope this helps and best of luck for Tuesday

PM Me when you see this and I can send it on what’s app once you give me your number ðŸ‘ðŸ»

PM’d :)

PM’d :)

Got nothing?

Got nothing?

Should be there now

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gerty123

Hi, First of all you do your medical in Garda headquarters in Pheonix park in Dublin, not templemore so hopefully that makes it easier for you? Don’t know where your coming from....

When you get there you just sign in at reception and they will direct you to the medical building.. you then sign in there, they give you a form to fill out and tell you go take your urine sample in the bathroom and then just wait to be called by nurse first,

She will do your height, weight, BMI, blood pressure, and hearing test... once your done there you then sit down and wait to be called by the doctor who will do your eye test + do a general check up on breathing etc and basically make sure everything is all good and then he will sign you off and done!

BMI, hearing and eyes, are the only things you can fail as far as I know... if you have any injuries or had any recent operations just bring medical forms for them just to be safe, hope this helps and best of luck for Tuesday

I had an operation on my back about 18months ago. Do you know if this will come up during my medical on Wednesday. Thanks.

Gerty123 wrote: »
    I had an operation on my back about 18months ago. Do you know if this will come up during my medical on Wednesday. Thanks.

Not sure about 18 months... that might be okay as it’s almost 2 years there abouts... if there is a visible scar on your back they might ask questions but as far as I know that won’t get you deferred I think you’ll just need to send them a medical certificate by post or email if you pass everything else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Cocopops555

Gerty123 wrote: »
    I had an operation on my back about 18months ago. Do you know if this will come up during my medical on Wednesday. Thanks.[/quote

Hi, I attended the medical in June. I was 6 months post major back surgery. It came up in my medical. The doctor said that I had to be a year lost operation to pass me. My medical was deferred to January and I have to bring an updated medical report from my consultant. I'd say it will come up but if you have no pain and are fit to do the physical training in Templemore, you should pass.

Advertisement