Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Horsebox88

EH95 wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone they had Medical complete let me know what I need to bring on the day? And how strict are they on the BMI?

BMI has to be under 30. Mine was 27.3 on the day I think. Train train and train the weight off of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ulrika15

Can anybody that has done the fitness test tell me whether you need proof of weight and height? Or can you just tell them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

Ulrika15 wrote: »
    Can anybody that has done the fitness test tell me whether you need proof of weight and height? Or can you just tell them.

They measure it on the day but you cant fail on that . It only matters when you do the medical

Jake5991 wrote: »
    They measure it on the day but you cant fail on that . It only matters when you do the medical

Perfect but do I need a print out tomorrow of height and weight that I can get done in some pharmacies or do I just weight myself at home?

Just do it at home

• Advertisement

Jake5991 wrote: »
    Just do it at home

Perfect thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

Hey guys, just had my Form B sent back asking for door numbers for relatives. Most of them are rural and doont have any, just townland names. Anyone put "no door number" on the form followed by rest of address and Eircode and get through ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

Hey guys, just had my Form B sent back asking for door numbers for relatives. Most of them are rural and doont have any, just townland names. Anyone put "no door number" on the form followed by rest of address and Eircode and get through ok?

I had a few that dodnt have door numbers and was just told that for homes that don't have door numbers, then the Eircode is needed so I just got them and sent it back and all was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

I just got an email about my PCT retest. That’s 9 weeks after my fail - I thought that I got 12 weeks ? Bit panicked now as I’m not sure I will get time off work the week before Christmas

I just got an email about my PCT retest. That’s 9 weeks after my fail - I thought that I got 12 weeks ? Bit panicked now as I’m not sure I will get time off work the week before Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Northkman88

SquireD wrote: »
    I had a few that dodnt have door numbers and was just told that for homes that don't have door numbers, then the Eircode is needed so I just got them and sent it back and all was good.

Ya I had the same problem. They excepted eircodes for each house. I went a extra step by putting eircodes on every address in the Form B. That way you are covered.

I passed my fitness test yesterday and I was just wondering do I get an email to say I passed and when my medical is? Or can anyone tell me that’s passed there test already what happens next? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nicolec3090

Is anybody else doing a pct retest on the 17th of December? I got an email today for mine and it says it ls at 4pm. Is any body else the same.I feel like it's a little late in the day for it as the last one was at 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DBOOK123

Is anybody else doing a pct retest on the 17th of December? I got an email today for mine and it says it ls at 4pm. Is any body else the same.I feel like it's a little late in the day for it as the last one was at 9am.

I'm the same day and same time

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MrNightOwl

I did mine at 4pm on Tuesday. Finished up around 7pm.

Yeah I’m up on the 17th too, really concerned as getting time of work that close to Christmas will be difficult and I’ll be travelling down from Belfast so 4pm isn’t ideal either - rang through to HR and he suggested sending an email but said that I may not get another date

Has anyone tried to reschedule their PCT due to work commitments before?

When doing the PCT, are you part of a group or are they done individually?

Yes your put in group A,B,C,D etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ShaunaN246

Uweir32 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to reschedule their PCT due to work commitments before?

I’m up the same day too. I haven’t tried to reschedule myself but I have a family member in the guards and was talking to them today about how worried I am as I wasn’t expecting it so soon and no where near prepared. She told me to email them and defer it that loads of people do it due to work and college, So shouldn’t see it being a problem as it is so close to Christmas. You won’t be the only one I’m sure!

• Advertisement

ShaunaN246 wrote: »
    I’m up the same day too. I haven’t tried to reschedule myself but I have a family member in the guards and was talking to them today about how worried I am as I wasn’t expecting it so soon and no where near prepared. She told me to email them and defer it that loads of people do it due to work and college, So shouldn’t see it being a problem as it is so close to Christmas. You won’t be the only one I’m sure!

Yeah I rang and explained my situation and they’ve pushed it back for me. Thank god I wouldn’t of got the time of work at the mouth of Christmas. Nevermind the funds to travel and stay in Tipperary. Good luck with your training.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cocopops555

Hey you are part of a group. They pick groups at the start.

Hey you are part of a group. They pick groups at the start.

I haven't done the PCT yet, sent back the GP Form this morning so just waiting on the PCT date now...

Does anyone have an audio of the Loughborough shuttle test? I’m struggling to find it online

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

ShaunaN246 wrote: »
    Go easy on the Christmas pudding though!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Uweir32 wrote: »
    Yeah I rang and explained my situation and they’ve pushed it back for me. Thank god I wouldn’t of got the time of work at the mouth of Christmas. Nevermind the funds to travel and stay in Tipperary. Good luck with your training.

If you push it back how long will you be waiting?

AD07 wrote: »
    If you push it back how long will you be waiting?

They just said first available one in January

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

Does anyone know who's done the medical if they're strict on the BMI. My BMI is under 30 but it's not 25 or lower. Would they fail me on this or do they make an allowance once its under 30?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,593 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

It only has to be under 30.

• Advertisement

LB1197 wrote: »
    Does anyone know who's done the medical if they're strict on the BMI. My BMI is under 30 but it's not 25 or lower. Would they fail me on this or do they make an allowance once its under 30?

Yup your fine under 30

Advertisement