Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MotoGP, Superbikes and Road Racing 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Iannone’s response

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6LLkF3huuQ/?igshid=1aslvhssnw3f1

I always thought in recent years he was more concerned with his modelling work than racing bikes. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Crazy Joe....the chances of the second sample being different are very slim.

Where this leaves Andrea Iannone and Aprilla is uncertain - Bradley Smith is Aprilla reserve rider

Jorge is coming home !

Strong rumours that Jorge Lorenzo is to be announced as Yamaha European test rider for 2020.

This lends itself to the theory that Jorge is taking a year out to recover from injury before returning in 2021.

If Jorge had stayed with Ducati in '19 he would have been a title contender imho

Infoanon wrote: »
    Jorge is coming home !

Strong rumours that Jorge Lorenzo is to be announced as Yamaha European test rider for 2020.

This lends itself to the theory that Jorge is taking a year out to recover from injury before returning in 2021.

If Jorge had stayed with Ducati in '19 he would have been a title contender imho

What a test rider to have if that turns out to be true. I can’t see him returning to full time riding though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,087 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Aprilia have contacted Abraham about his availability for the next test if Iannone suspension is still upheld by then and Abraham is the front runner to take his ride full time if the need arises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Iannone is a talent but a wasted one. He’s no loss tbh, plenty of talented hungry riders ready to move up and he’s occupying a seat. Let him go modeling if that is what he wants, he had plastic surgery on his nose recently enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Jorge is coming home !

From what I've been told hell be on BT Sport as a pundit and not testing

frostie500 wrote: »

That will be interesting.

We've missed your inside knowledge in these parts. Do you think will Rea do it again in 2020?

frostie500 wrote: »

I'm really enjoying your podcasts, David, Neil and Yourself do a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

CJhaughey wrote: »

Link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Magown3

Paddock Pass Podcast. Can get it on Apple podcast or similar :)

h3000 wrote: »
    That will be interesting.

We've missed your inside knowledge in these parts. Do you think will Rea do it again in 2020?
    Yeah I've not had much time for Boards over the last few years unfortunately!
    You'd be a brave man to bet against JR but the Ducati is going to be very hard to beat this year. I'm interested to see what Redding does on it. Should know more in a few weeks after the jerez and portimao tests!

CJhaughey wrote: »

Cheers CJ they're a lot of fun and hopefully give good info! Betwem the three of us and Gordo there's a fair bit of paddock experience to. Try and get as much info across as possible. The plan for this year is that we'll have more interviews included throughout the year from the GP paddock

Crazy Joe....the chances of the second sample being different are very slim.

Where this leaves Andrea Iannone and Aprilla is uncertain - Bradley Smith is Aprilla reserve rider

Reports in the Italian press today confirming that Iannone B sample was positive , however the argument now is the amount of the steroid found was minute,could easily have been digested by eating meet in Asia and body building steroids are of little use to lean Moto GP riders.

The penalty will be confirmed over the next 45 days which means that Iannone will at a minimum miss pre season testing.

Bradley Smith is expected to do the testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭roroliam

McPint on a Kwacker for the roads this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Anyone know if the 2020 MotoGP calendar is confirmed yet? It just lists the calendar on their website, doesn't say if it's provisional or not.

https://www.motogp.com/en/calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

DaveD wrote: »
    Anyone know if the 2020 MotoGP calendar is confirmed yet? It just lists the calendar on their website, doesn't say if it's provisional or not.

https://www.motogp.com/en/calendar

Not confirmed yet thats still the provisional that was announced last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

It may be provisional but I still booked the end of August off work.;)

Hoping for no changes in May as I’ve just booked flights for Mugello :cool:

Hoping for no changes in May as I’ve just booked flights for Mugello :cool:

Wont be changing so it's all good!

• Advertisement

2020 WSBK test starts at Jerez today, some interesting rumours about the new 'blade, at or near the lap record at Aragon in private testing.
    It will be very interesting to see how it does in Jerez under Haslam and Bautista.

Redding will be another interesting factor on the Ducati with Davies an able teammate.

Hopefully this year will bring some decent close racing for JR. The series needs some stiff competition for JR or it risks becoming like the 800cc MotoGP era.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,087 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

nzg0v61ptlc41.png

2020 Ducati

New Honda from Jerez
    500920.jpg

Vinales confirmed at Yamaha for 2021-22. Is this the end of the road for Rossi? Can't see Yamaha risking losing Quartararo by not offering him the other factory seat.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/935599/1/vinales-commits-yamaha-new-twoyear-motogp-deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Vinales confirmed at Yamaha for 2021-22. Is this the end of the road for Rossi? Can't see Yamaha risking losing Quartararo by not offering him the other factory seat.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/935599/1/vinales-commits-yamaha-new-twoyear-motogp-deal

I can't see Rossi even wanting to do another 2 years after this year. Time catches up with everyone.

Vinales staying at Yamaha has huge ramifications for the 2021 silly season.
    Vinales is believed to have been Ducatis number one target.

Rossi's earlier statement that he would be willing to ride for SRT was the precursor to Maverick staying put and Fabio and Vale swapping seats.

Ducati are now back at square one as they try and lure their next world champion. Rins dip in form at the end of last year leaves them with few options, hoping Zarco steps up a level at Avintia is probably their best bet.

Overall it possibly indicates very few surprises when riders line up on the grid in 2021

Fabio to replace Rossi at Yamaha is to be announced shortly according to Autosport with Jorge to be confirmed as test rider

Now official that Fabio is in the factory team for 2021,Rossi will have option to continue with full factory support at SRT

Fabio to replace Rossi at Yamaha is to be announced shortly according to Autosport with Jorge to be confirmed as test rider

Now official that Fabio is in the factory team for 2021,Rossi will have option to continue with full factory support at SRT

https://www.instagram.com/p/B756ERpCKNH
    501432.jpeg

SRT or retirement for Vale so. **** I’d really like to get to Mugello this year.

Some of Vale’s thoughts here https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/rossi-explains-yamaha-decision-answers/4678123/

Jorge now confirmed as test rider for Yamaha.

No wild card entries but the option is there.

TV work also highly likely with as Frostie500 has previously mentioned BT Sports (hope they keep #5 Texas Tornado ).

Focus now on Ducati - they need a rider who can win the world championship

• Advertisement

Jorge now confirmed as test rider for Yamaha.

No wild card entries but the option is there.

TV work also highly likely with as Frostie500 has previously mentioned BT Sports (hope they keep #5 Texas Tornado ).

Focus now on Ducati - they need a rider who can win the world championship

Yeah you'd expect that Barcelona (post GP test), Brno and Valencia are definitely possible wildcards for Jorge. From what I've heard Edwards definitely staying with BT and Jorge still a possibility as he wants to be at GP thru the year

Advertisement