Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP, Superbikes and Road Racing 2021

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I hope Vinales can step up this year. I genuinely think he has it in him to match Marquez pound for pound but for whatever reason he can’t put everything together on a consistent issues.

Not in the least bit surprised that happened. That HRC has looked quite loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Faugheen wrote: »

Or indeed what's happening now...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,522 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

This is incredible from Marquez. Was he last?

Edit. Ooohhh

And again. That one was nasty looking, and he’s hurt himself too.

• Advertisement

I admire how he pushes it to the limit but that was one too far and I hope that's not as serious as it looks. Inevitable though and a miracle he's got this far into his career.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Terminator.

Looks serious enough

Commentators talking about a potential career-ender for MM if his shoulder is gone again.

Is that likely? I know he’s done it a couple of times but no more than other riders surely?

Commentators talking about a potential career-ender for MM if his shoulder is gone again.

Is that likely? I know he’s done it a couple of times but no more than other riders surely?

He has nerve damage from multiple injuries/operations on that shoulder. He couldn't even lift a glass of water a few months ago.

The Nal wrote: »
    He has nerve damage from multiple injuries/operations on that shoulder. He couldn't even lift a glass of water a few months ago.

Jesus.

Haha, Fabio dropping an F-bomb.

• Advertisement

Original prognosis now confirmed, broken right arm for Marc Marquez, operation on Tuesday.

Amazingly not ruled out of next weekends race. Bradl would be the replacement rider if required.

Nasty accident - injuries shall have a big impact on this seasons championship

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have a feeling that Honda will be in a bad place this season.
    I could well be proved wrong, but you only have to look at the other riders riding that evil handling machine and how they are faring.
    Crutchlow is being repaired as well.
    Marquez could be out for a long time with that injury, I know he is like a cat and seemingly made of some rubber compound but he has had a lot of injuries over the years and this one looked particularly nasty.
    On the other hand I am delighted to see Quatararo take a win, I hope we see more of him in the future and I am also glad it was a non -factory team taking a win.
    Rossi's bike stopped and cut out, WTF? that was weird.
    Vinales looked good but his tyre choice held him back in a big way.
    All in all a great first race and I am really happy that MotoGP has finally resumed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

Hope I'm not dragging this off topic, but are the highlights available free to air anywhere?

I googled and found Quest TV had it yesterday but when isat down to watch i got Wheeler dealers ! Maybe there are different versions of Quest TV. I also came across c5 but no luck there either

Good news from Spain that Marquezs operation has been a success and there is no damage to the radial nerve.

MM hopes to return at Brno.

There will be one HRC at Jerez this weekend, Honda opting not to replace MM with Bradl which helps engine mileage.

Rins shall have a medical check on Thursday to decide if he is fit to ride.
    Cals operation on his wrist is later today

Update : Cals operation has gone well and Cal will try to race this weekend

rock22 wrote: »
    Hope I'm not dragging this off topic, but are the highlights available free to air anywhere?

I googled and found Quest TV had it yesterday but when isat down to watch i got Wheeler dealers ! Maybe there are different versions of Quest TV. I also came across c5 but no luck there either

Quest 6pm tonight

Moto 3 is a cracker , Moto GP high drama

Moto 3 final lap is now free to view on the official moto gp app

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

I watch Moto GP live on the app "Mobdro"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

Infoanon wrote: »
    Quest 6pm tonight

Moto 3 is a cracker , Moto GP high drama

Moto 3 final lap is now free to view on the official moto gp app

Thanks,
    Got to watch and enjoy it

Marquez is something else

Imagine him at the TT 135mph wouldn't be long going

If he had the road racers psyche

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Marquez is something else

Imagine him at the TT 135mph wouldn't be long going

If he had the road racers psyche

I think he is just unbelievable on a gp bike. he shows that year after year winning championships, saving the bike from crashes etc etc.

I dont think he would be fast in the TT or any other road race. His riding style would not suit road racing in general. He actually shared his thoughts on the TT not to long ago.

https://www.visordown.com/news/racing/motogp/marc-marquez-tt-%E2%80%9Ci-ride-have-fun-not-endanger-my-life%E2%80%9D

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    I think he is just unbelievable on a gp bike. he shows that year after year winning championships, saving the bike from crashes etc etc.

I dont think he would be fast in the TT or any other road race. His riding style would not suit road racing in general. He actually shared his thoughts on the TT not to long ago.

https://www.visordown.com/news/racing/motogp/marc-marquez-tt-%E2%80%9Ci-ride-have-fun-not-endanger-my-life%E2%80%9D

Ya prob wouldn't suit him

I was just amazed at what he did at the weekend

• Advertisement

Marquez is flying to Jerez to see if he can pass a medical, that is simply unbelievable to me but these guys are a different animal to normal humans.
    I would wonder even if he does pass the medical whether he is able to hold onto a 250+hp bike and brake with an arm that was flopping around just a few days ago.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Marquez is flying to Jerez to see if he can pass a medical, that is simply unbelievable to me but these guys are a different animal to normal humans.
    I would wonder even if he does pass the medical whether he is able to hold onto a 250+hp bike and brake with an arm that was flopping around just a few days ago.

I remember Lorenzo broke his collarbone on Thursday in Assen, flew to Spain the same day, was operated on Friday morning and flew back to Assen in the afternoon. Rode in the race on Sunday and finished fifth!

They really are different animals.

You'd wonder

The road is deadly but these Moto GP racers bodies take some abuse

CJhaughey wrote: »

I know they are a different kind of human but at some stage someone should pull him aside and say take the time to heal. i saw pictures of him in a full cast. he is a young guy with shoulder problems already. at some stage he should take time to heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

h3000 wrote: »

That is surreal.

h3000 wrote: »

holy sh......

with the honda being a mutt to ride. marc and cal are bound to go down at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭legrand

regarding MM - 'health is your wealth' is not something he understands or appreciates. How doctors could declare him fit is beyond me.

The Nal wrote: »
    I remember Lorenzo broke his collarbone on Thursday in Assen, flew to Spain the same day, was operated on Friday morning and flew back to Assen in the afternoon. Rode in the race on Sunday and finished fifth!

They really are different animals.

And then do you remember him falling off again and bending the plate holding him together?
    He took a while to come back after that one IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭XsApollo

It’s unreal that he is attempting to be back so soon.

Regarding Lorenzo,
    Isn’t a plate a plate?
    I presume the plate is stronger than bone and that you can crash anytime and bend them, just so happened for Lorenzo it was the next race I think?

Advertisement