Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP, Superbikes and Road Racing 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Its pretty common for plates to bend if the bone hasn't knitted.
    Bone is stronger than a plate, the plate is screwed into the bone so the ends of the bone are held together so they can heal, if the bone hasn't healed like Marquez,Lorenzo and Hayden in 2006 then if you crash the plate bends and the bone either rubs off the other one which is painful and risks further infection or sits at a bad angle so the bone is a funny shape and you may have mobility issues.
    Hayden rode the whole 2006 season with a bent plate so the medical staff wouldn't prevent him from competing.
    It worked he won the WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Marc Marquez back on track for FP3 ,Cal also on track but Rins is not running in FP3 .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,303 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Wanted to post but site was funky but yeah Marc sat out FP1 & FP2 but looking at the times the other two did post Rins and Crutchlow are badly off pace. Probably should have just subbed in Guintoli and Bradl for them.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Wanted to post but site was funky but yeah Marc sat out FP1 & FP2 but looking at the times the other two did post Rins and Crutchlow are badly off pace. Probably should have just subbed in Guintoli and Bradl for them.
    Cal was faster than Bradley albeit a second of the front runners - Rins was only 2 seconds off but in a lot of pain.

WC going to be tight this year and no rider wants to miss a race.
    MM doing decent one lap times - longevity questionable.

Looking forward to quali - find out the true pace of the KTMS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Infoanon wrote: »
    WC going to be tight this year and no rider wants to miss a race.
    If Marc is not going to miss any races then I don't think it will be a close championship at all. He's so far ahead of everyone else on the grid and well on his way to being the goat. FQ is good and has great potential, but he's no MM.

I don't for a second wish Marc ill will but I did see him being out for a couple of events as being a big positive for this years championship.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Scotty # wrote: »
    If Marc is not going to miss any races then I don't think it will be a close championship at all. He's so far ahead of everyone else on the grid and well on his way to being the goat. FQ is good and has great potential, but he's no MM.

I don't for a second wish Marc ill will but I did see him being out for a couple of events as being a big positive for this years championship.

He abandoned qualifying 1 so he may not race this weekend. In my opinion he should skip this weekend and they are not racing next weekend. That's a lot more healing time. If he raced this weekend and got no points, which is very possible, then it was for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Yea judging by the amount of swelling on his arm as he left the motorhome there now, I'd say he's called it a day as far as this weekend in concerned.

Yamaha looking good. Could be a close race tomorrow.

Edit: MM officially out of tomorrows race.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,303 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Was far too ambitious. Shocking he was "cleared" in the first place.

Scotty # wrote: »
      FQ is good and has great potential, but he's no MM. .

FQ is going to be MM biggest threat in future years - his performance on a satellite Yamaha in '19 was sensational.

Brno & Austria are Ducati circuits so Dovi and Co will be to the forefront and will give the Yams and MM a tough time.

MMs arm looked very swollen on those BT pictures.

1. Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Infoanon

pjohnson wrote: »
      Was far too ambitious. Shocking he was "cleared" in the first place.

Why was it shocking ? MM underwent rigorous tests on the injuries and was medically cleared by Doctors.

2. Advertisement
    3. Registered Users Posts: 23,303 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Why was it shocking ? MM underwent rigorous tests on the injuries and was medically cleared by Doctors.

Come on they cant have been that rigourous. He managed 17 full laps this weekend skipping 2 FP's entirely before officially giving up, and just LOOK at the arm.

4. Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I doubt it was solely down to the arm, Yes that was the worst injury but I am sure a 160k get off will do more damage to the body.
      Its possibly what we can't see that is more troublesome to him.

5. Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Why was it shocking ? MM underwent rigorous tests on the injuries and was medically cleared by Dorna.

FTFY..............;)

6. Registered Users Posts: 12,594 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Apparently Marc was upset because thats the most consecutive race starts record out of reach now. Was on 127. Dovi on 21. Rossi did 170.

7. Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Just caught the end of the lekky bike race..anyone know the spec on these.?

8. Registered Users Posts: 23,303 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

CJhaughey wrote: »
      I doubt it was solely down to the arm, Yes that was the worst injury but I am sure a 160k get off will do more damage to the body.
      Its possibly what we can't see that is more troublesome to him.

Marc said he suddenly felt a complete loss of power in his arm when he was readying himself for another run. He was simply not fit enough to ride this weekend.

9. Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Crazy race so far.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

10. Registered Users Posts: 12,594 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Very enjoyable. Delighted for Rossi. Hopefully he can stay competitive.

11. Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Gutted for Pecco - next 3 races are Ducati circuits - Yamaha must be concerned about those engines.

Lin Jarvis just gave a very interesting interview on BT where he was pointing the finger in part at the Japanese being unwilling to make the changes Rossi wanted.Also.interesting to hear him comment that Dovi underperformed this weekend.

12. Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Not a huge fan of the "premier class" of racing , nor have ever been a Rossi fan, but credit where its due the boy old man done good .....:p

13. Advertisement
    14. Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Rossi won the 250 title the year FQ was born, how mad is that!
      116199622_4061513187256353_1594270401075437326_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=mJNTYCvrtTQAX8tpHyV&_nc_ht=scontent.fbne6-1.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=90d46dfdcbdb0b08d764d0c74ba98e9f&oe=5F44455D

15. Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭XsApollo

The level is so, so high all the way down through the field that it’s unlikely Rossi will win another title but if he did I wouldn’t be surprised.
      He doesn’t have that extra do or die gear anymore.
      If he gets the bike where he likes it he is good for a few wins at certain tracks or definitely Fighting at the front.

Oh And Rossi is the only other person bar Lorenzo to finish ahead of Marc in a championship since Marc arrived in MotoGP , which in turn makes him the only rider on the grid to have finished ahead of Marc in a championship.
      So we need him for that too, so we have 1 person at least that can say they have beaten Marc.. :-D

16. Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Back to Jerez this weekend but instead of the GP circus ,its time for the Superbikes!
      There won't be many rounds of SBK this year with the UK, Netherlands and Qatar being cancelled, so if you want to see the new Honda on track with the Kawasaki and Ducati then this is a rare opportunity.

17. Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Looking forward to the IOW next year....:)

18. Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Looking forward to the IOW next year....:)
      Road racing in the UK in the middle of October... what are they thinking?

19. Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Confirmation from Dorna that all the fly away races are now cancelled.
      Not a huge surprise though there were hopes for Malaysia.

An additional round in Europe is to be added - believed to be Portimao - announcement due August 10th.

That means a maximum of 14 rounds this year - if Le Man's goes ahead

20. Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

WSBK...Great ride from Redding today......very disappointing again from Laverty...38 seconds back...:(

No joy for McGlinchy either...

21. Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Frankx

WSBK...Great ride from Redding today......very disappointing again from Laverty...38 seconds back...:(

No joy for McGlinchy either...

Could be fireworks

Was good watching him and the Irwin's and Hicky in BSB last season

22. Registered Users Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I think laverty will be the one dropped from BMW to make room for Michael. It will be justified too - he has not done much in a long time.

Embarrassing start to the 600's. Feel a bit sorry for that guy, but still ride into the back of another bike.

23. Advertisement
    24. Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Delighted for Davies, he's such a nice lad.....interested to see JR progression or he'll need to start work on some better excuses....:P

Advertisement