Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MotoGP, Superbikes and Road Racing 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Rumours now confirmed, Marquez is out for another 2 to 3 months.

Earliest return is Valencia.

Bradl to replace him until.then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Infoanon wrote: »
    Rumours now confirmed, Marquez is out for another 2 to 3 months.

Earliest return is Valencia.

Bradl to replace him until.then.

Just read that. Definitely better to wait until fully healed though. You could risk a career ending injury if you come back too quick.

I just hope people won’t downplay whoever does take the championship this year.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

A 2019 spec Honda and a 2019 Ducati on the front row....

Though both bikes with a lo of factory input.

Cal very negative on the 20 Honda - get the feeling he would happily take an older spec machine.

Race wide open - Suzuki look good , KTMS have pace and Ducati are the proven package, but there is a possibility of ra in so Yamaha are also in the mix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I'd love to see Dovi take the title now. Jack Miller says he's going to start a gofundme page to keep Dovi at Ducati... :D:D.

I dislike Pol a little more every time I hear him interviewed. He's doing himself no favours with his not accepting apologies. I hope Binder finishes ahead of him today.

If Zarco decides to stick it our for the race it'll be fun watching him come up through the field.

There were at least two incidents yesterday where a bike was left lying on the road after Turn 1. I hope there's no major incidents today.

I’d absolutely love Dovi to take the title too.

Is there an option of a competitive bike left for him in 2021? I’d hate to see him fade away on a crappy bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

h3000 wrote: »
    I’d absolutely love Dovi to take the title too.

Is there an option of a competitive bike left for him in 2021? I’d hate to see him fade away on a crappy bike.

Aside from a Ducati u-turn I dont think so.

Maybe with Petronas Yamaha instead of Rossi or with Aprilia teaming with Aleix. I think every other bike is claimed by now.

Ducati won't want "their" world champion on another machine next year. So the more likely he looks to getting the title the more they'll want him to stay. They may make an offer he can't refuse.

This is a big weekend for him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Not a hope he stays at Ducati and this is Ducati we are talking about

Martin demoted to second for this on the last laps... harsh imo!

EgGdIu2WoAAiHAb?format=jpg&name=small

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

Scotty # wrote: »
    Martin demoted to second for this on the last laps... harsh imo!

EgGdIu2WoAAiHAb?format=jpg&name=small

If it was grass, he'd likely not have finished at all. It's there for riders safety, not as an extension of the track.

• Advertisement

Beltby wrote: »
    If it was grass, he'd likely not have finished at all. It's there for riders safety, not as an extension of the track.

Same piece of green led to Nakas lap time being cancelled last week.

Looks like Moto gp will just avoid the thunder storms
    Very harsh but them the rules

Yet again. Holy **** :eek:

Thankfully he seems to be okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

How brave do you have to be to jump off a bike at that speed after realising you have no brakes and you are going into a bend !!
    At 140mph...

4Ad wrote: »
    How brave do you have to be to jump off a bike at that speed after realising you have no brakes and you are going into a bend !!
    At 140mph...

Very. Amazing decision making by Maverick.

What’s going on at Yamaha though. Can’t go can’t stop. Hopefully they get it sorted soon.

What’s going on at Yamaha though. Can’t go can’t stop. Hopefully they get it sorted soon.

All the Yamahas in brake trouble.

Zarco ahead of Pirro in the race ! Considering how long he was held at the pit lane

All the Yamahas in brake trouble.

Zarco ahead of Pirro in the race ! Considering how long he was held at the pit lane

Whatever about effecting actual performance of the bike it must effect the mental performance of the riders during braking. Even for those guys and their bravery.

What a finish. :D

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

What a finish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Another stunning race...

• Advertisement

KTM completely f*cked Espagaro over there by the way. Neil Hodgson called it immediately.

Faugheen wrote: »
    KTM completely f*cked Espagaro over there by the way. Neil Hodgson called it immediately.

What did Hodgson say. I’m watching on MotoGP.com

As they crossed the line Pol’s board showed the gap to Miller to be much closer than it actually was. Neil said then that Pol would immediately go defensive and lose time when he didn’t have to.

Which is exactly what happened, but it only happened because KTM led him to believe that he needed to.

Giving +0 on the boards makes you go defensive

Should have told him the actual +.3

Faugheen wrote: »
    As they crossed the line Pol’s board showed the gap to Miller to be much closer than it actually was. Neil said then that Pol would immediately go defensive and lose time when he didn’t have to.

Which is exactly what happened, but it only happened because KTM led him to believe that he needed to.

I didn’t spot that at the time. I like Day and Birt but Dorna are really missing someone like Hodgy in comms.

Dovis last lap mistake may prove costly - Fabio got past Zarco at the same time

Pol has just said that the +0 did make him defend too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I can't understand what is going on with Yamaha. They have fallen so far behind its hard to believe. The inline Suzuki is even better than them. The top speed has been an issue for them for so long now that they really need to consider all options including switching a V configuration. How long do you give them to resolve it - they have had literally years now to sort it.
    The brakes issue is also ridiculous - its not as if it is the heaviest bike nor is it braking from the highest speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

A 2019 spec Honda and a 2019 Ducati on the front row....

Though both bikes with a lo of factory input.

Cal very negative on the 20 Honda - get the feeling he would happily take an older spec machine.

luccio confirmed that the 2020 bike was developed with marc in mind and that cal really didnt like the bike and lcr can see how much work cal is putting in.
    4Ad wrote: »
    At 140mph...

Post race interview he said that he had been having brake issues all race and had considered jumping off a few times but in that moment he didnt even think he just reacted. also said that he felt very good and felt he could fight up front but the issues with the bike just prevented him.

I would love to see Dovi win the championship but even if he does i cant see him staying at ducati but with the amount of very talented kids coming into the premier class if he takes a year off i can not see him coming back.

outstanding race for mir felt so bad for him. barring a crash he would of won that race.

does anyone know if maverick could of taken part in the restarted race on his second bike? would love to know if that is a rule or a choice he made himmself

• Advertisement

tommyboy26 wrote: »

does anyone know if maverick could of taken part in the restarted race on his second bike? would love to know if that is a rule or a choice he made himmself

No he couldn’t restart. After the red flag you have to bring the bike back to the pits under its own steam.

I can't understand what is going on with Yamaha. They have fallen so far behind its hard to believe

You could ask the same question of Honda and Aprilla but the Yamaha issue seems to centre around the engine ,to a lesser extent tyres and rider error.

The engines have been detonating to such an extent that the revs have been turned down with the riders talking about being down on power. I am assuming that Maverick has lost another motor today so with 5 for the season before penalties his championship isn't looking good.

Fabio and Frankie both made mistakes today while Fabio would have been last last week of it wasn't for the red flag.
    Rossi has been Yamahas best rider for the last three races.

A different compound of tyre was used at Austria that put the Ducatis back in play pushing Yamaha down the grid ,while the low temperatures seem to really affect the Yamahas today.

Another cracking race. Shaping up to be a really great season. Amazing the difference one man can make to the sport.

By the same logic then, PE should have been penalised for his last corner? He ended up all the way out on the red and kept onto 3rd place as a result.

EgHawBHWAAIU7RU?format=jpg&name=small

Suzuki are livid apparently, and rightly so in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

Another cracking race. Shaping up to be a really great season. Amazing the difference one man can make to the sport.

By the same logic then, PE should have been penalised for his last corner? He ended up all the way out on the red and kept onto 3rd place as a result.

Did they clear up why PE wasn't penalised ? I'm glad he wasn't and very glad ktm won after their last few races 🙂

Yes he should have lost a place like what happened in moto2. Again if it was actual grass he wouldnt have finished at all.

Did they clear up why PE wasn't penalised ? I'm glad he wasn't and very glad ktm won after their last few races ��

BT saying that he was pushed wide as opposed to going wide ,got to feel sorry for Mir - that front tyre was done - he would have won without the red flag.

Got to feel sorry for Martin - Moto GP bound next year according to rumours

Alex Rins has made a few interesting comments on Mavericks brake issues specifically Brembo had bigger brakes for this weekend but Joan and Maverick decided not to use them - all other 20 riders used the new bigger brakes.

Rins also wondered why Maverick continued knowing he had brake issues.

So after 5 races the leading WC contender has 70 points - with an average of less than 7 points in the last 3 races ! This championship is wide open

• Advertisement

Rins has a fair point here. If Viñales had such bad brake issues maybe he should have pulled out. It could have ended a lot worse.

https://twitter.com/autosport/status/1297591906428485632

Rins has a fair point here. If Viñales had such bad brake issues maybe he should have pulled out. It could have ended a lot worse.

https://twitter.com/autosport/status/1297591906428485632

Why didn't Marquez pull out with a broken arm? They are elite level racers. As long as they think there's a chance of even a few points, they will go for it.

Why didn't Marquez pull out with a broken arm? They are elite level racers. As long as they think there's a chance of even a few points, they will go for it.
    Marquez did pull out.

There's no comparison between the two - a damaged rider is not the same as a damaged / dangerous bike .

Vinales in interviews said that he had considered having to jump off the bike earlier in the race - what if the brake failure had happened on turn 3 ?.

Parking it would have saved an engine (and a bike ) - Rins has a point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I see Andy Irwin done a Zarco today in BSB

Marquez was passed fit to race and when he did have more trouble with the arm he pulled out. I don’t think there are that comparable anyway. Maverick’s bike clearly had big brake problems. He had already had his hand up indicating an issue earlier in the race. If his bike collected another rider when the brakes did fail it could have got very messy.

• Advertisement

I see Andy Irwin done a Zarco today in BSB
    I didn’t see the BSB this week. Wasn’t he already in trouble last weekend too? I think he took out Brookes.

I didn’t see the BSB this week. Wasn’t he already in trouble last weekend too? I think he took out Brookes.
    Many people saying neither incident was Irwin's fault, particularly last weeks.

https://twitter.com/Eurosport_UK/status/1297521871739654145

Quote from Vinales.
    Vinales confessed that with hindsight he should have stopped when the braking symptoms first appeared, but had been determined to try and salvage some points.

"I should have stopped, but I didn't want to stop. I wanted to finish. Even to take 1 point," he said. "I gave my maximum all the time, so I stayed on the track."

Now I happen to agree by rights he should have stopped, but realistically, most of the riders would have tried to stay out under the same circumstances.

Now I happen to agree by rights he should have stopped, but realistically, most of the riders would have tried to stay out under the same circumstances.

+1

On another corner on another day that bike could have easily hit a group of marshals or ended up in the crowd and been a catastrophic event. But I agree completely, very few riders will pull over unless they have no other option.

Incidentally, there will be spectators at Misano.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Many people saying neither incident was Irwin's fault, particularly last weeks.

https://twitter.com/Eurosport_UK/status/1297521871739654145

Who..his oul one and oul fella.............:P

He's a dangerous cnut..i'm all for argy bargy and that, but his latest shenagans are beyond common sense....imo Vickers didnt even see him until the last second...

+1

On another corner on another day that bike could have easily hit a group of marshals or ended up in the crowd and been a catastrophic event. But I agree completely, very few riders will pull over unless they have no other option.

Talk of an irresponsible riding charge to be brought against Maverick - continuing to ride knowing he had brake issues compounded by him saying he was preparing to jump off for a few laps.

Brembo have also come down very hard on Maverick saying he ignored their advice and they take no responsibility for the incident

All the Yamaha's were having trouble the week before with the front brake overheating except Vinales. They all upgraded but Vinales didn't like the feel of the new ones so they let him stay on the old ones as his hadn't been overheating. Yamaha and Brembo should accept some of the blame perhaps for allowing this.

Foolish of Vinales to continue when he knew there was a serious problem and even more foolish of him to admit it later publicly but every point counts, this year more than ever!

So, according to Marc it's Dr. Mir's fault he needed a second operation :eek:

https://pecinogp.com/now-it-the-time-to-respect-my-body-marc-marquez/

WhatsApp-Image-2020-07-26-at-12.00.29-1024x461.jpeg.webp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

So, according to Marc it's Dr. Mir's fault he needed a second operation :eek:

https://pecinogp.com/now-it-the-time-to-respect-my-body-marc-marquez/

WhatsApp-Image-2020-07-26-at-12.00.29-1024x461.jpeg.webp
    It's always someone else's fault with Marquez.

Rumour mill in full swing...

KTM say no place for Dovi which I think only leaves Aprilia? Although, Rossi deal still not done with SRT and looking less likely the longer it goes unsigned, there's talk they've spoken with Dovi.

Quite possible Rossi and Dovi will be racing on four wheels this time next year.

Also rumours of Rossi racing VR|46 in premier class next year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement