Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP, Superbikes and Road Racing 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Just tuned into Moto3 and there was an absolutely massive crash. Thankfully all riders walked away. Scary crash though.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Speedline

Yeah I saw it. It was only 2 laps in after the race had previously been red flagged for another crash, where the rider was stretchered off.

Thankfully everyone is relatively OK.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Deniz Oncu suspended for two races over the moto3 pile up thing. https://twitter.com/matoxley/status/1444770870229151747

Can't see the team appealing that

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

Hope Salac okay - no word yet that I can see on any newsfeeds. Looking at that fall I'd be surprised if returned this season.

Another great result for Bastianini after some hand-bags between Mir and Millar

M2 squaring up for a nail-biting season finish.

Last 2 seasons have been great but back to the MM hegemony?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Toprak looking untouchable this weekend - 0.5s clear of the field. Big crash for Johnny. Ducatis looking decent in comparison with the Kwaks too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

Watched it last night, very interesting. Would love to hear some of the numbers tho that teams are asking riders to pay.

Another podcast I listened to recently "Chasin the Racin", they had a guy on who said that a Moto2 team came to him and offered him the chance to join the team for the last 3 races of the season and it would only cost him..........  €70,000

And it was middling team, not a top runner.... absolute madness.

That podcast is worth a listen to. They've had people on there like a medic that works at BSB rounds and John McPhee's mechanic. Very interesting to hear their stories and their views.

I must also say, there were some absolute cracking races last weekend.

BSB final round. Was happy to see Taz take it and the way he took it made him deserve it even more.

Jack Kennedy did the business again but there was a 5 lapper on Sunday where he had to start from the back of the grid and he went straight into beast-mode and smashed all of them. He was 0.03 off the win, needed another 50m or another lap to get the win.

WSB race 2, Another beast-mode, this time JR. Savage racer. Love watching him ride the bike beyond it's capabilities.

Catch them on Eurosport

Isn't it amazing how many brothers and cousins are in top level motorcycle racing. I don't think you get it quite so much in 4 wheel racing.

• Advertisement

I've been watching him a while now. I think he could have a great career commentating or even more so presenting in the future.

Eugene L confirmed 2022 with BMW along with Loris Bas

Moto3 - what can one say, dear o' dear o' dear. A certain someone in the dog house big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Marc Marquez confirming he has double vision again after a concussion so will miss the weekend.

Valentino Rossi's last race this weekend. The end of an era.

#GrazieVale

Love to see these two guys smiling together

Mad that Stoner is still only 36. Sad we didn't get to see him and Marquez go at it.

With Rossi on P10 might expect him to push and go for it but fear he'll bin it (hopefully not).

Think we'll see some guard of honour.. that will be some sight if it happens.

• Advertisement

Here we go

Put those bloody onions away will ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭sonic85

End of an era - sad to see him go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,648 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Grazie Vale - an amazing career , Moto GP is what it is today thanks to the Doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Speedline

I watched every motogp race from his last year on the 500s to today. In 2015 I got my arse in gear and went to my first race with a few mates. We went camping for the weekend to Silverstone. It turned out to be a wet race.

Now Valentino had never won at Silverstone, and hadn't won a wet race for some years at that stage. To be fair, I was just happy to see him race live and in person. Well he only went and won it!

Thanks Valentino. You made an Irish fan very very happy that day. One ticked off the bucket list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

No update on YT blog from Johnny since the last race.

Shame the rain was so heavy as I think the only chance Johnny has now is for it to rain and Toprak to DNF or get swallowed up in the pack. Otherwise, in the dry Even a single DNF for Toprak isn't sufficient as such is his pace he'll finish ahead of Johnny in the other race.

Should be a deserving title for Toprak and I'm already looking forward to next year if the Kwak get a few more revs.

Weather affecting every one of the races (WSBK) this weekend. Is there a point going there next year at the same time of year? Are tge weather conditions tge same all year round there? I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Hi guys , trying to plan a trip to the isle of man tt , is there anybody or anywhere on the site to get advice on what to do or what not to do?

• Advertisement

2022 thread

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058231561/moto-gp-2022-season#latest

Advertisement