Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't fall asleep

Options
  • 17-12-2019 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tales from the new Ireland

https://www.thejournal.ie/man-jailed-oral-rape-dublin-4935871-Dec2019/
    A HOMELESS ALGERIAN national has been jailed for the oral rape of a drunk man he found lying unconscious on the ground after a night out drinking with friends.

Brahim Maddi (36) pleaded guilty at the Central Criminal Court to sexual assault and oral rape at a place in Dublin on a date earlier this year.

Maddi went up to the victim and took €5 from his back pocket. He rubbed the man’s buttocks through his clothes, then lay on top of him and began to rub himself on the man.

He began masturbating and then left. He came back a number of times and on the fourth occasion he orally raped the victim.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Total animal.
    I never get people leaving their friends passed out on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

That ain't nothing new Ireland, we've been raping and abusing men women and children since the birth of the state!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Crikey.... that is almost ground breaking levels of depravity right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I'll never understand why courts reduce sentences when people admit guilt. He was caught on cctv and arrested soon after, he was clearly guilty so his admission shouldn't be taken into consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

Deport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I'll never understand why courts reduce sentences when people admit guilt. He was caught on cctv and arrested soon after, he was clearly guilty so his admission shouldn't be taken into consideration.

Because it spares the victim the ordeal of a trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Because nobody would have an incentive to plead guilty, causing more expensive trials, bigger backlogs in getting cases to trial, and forcing victims to go through the ordeal of a trial

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

only 7 yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Back to Algeria with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Because it spares the victim the ordeal of a trial.

I understand that completely but in a case like this, he was on cctv and arrested straight after. There should have been no trial needed.

• Advertisement

It definitely wasn't the victims fault for being too drunk or in the dark ..or falling asleep in a public place. I would never say that ...but some people.

2017-06-11_lif_31279415_I11.JPG

• I understand that completely but in a case like this, he was on cctv and arrested straight after. There should have been no trial needed.

The Constitution disagrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,257 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It definitely wasn't the victims fault for being too drunk or in the dark ..or falling asleep in a public place. I would never say that ...but some people.

Was just wondering how AH would react if the victim had been a woman and the the culprit was, I don't know - let's say... a rugby player?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Back to Algeria with him.

Won't happen because some slippery eel of a lawyer will convince a judge that his "Human Rights" would be violated if he goes back there and that he would be persecuted for being gay. Even if he is not gay as the facts of the trial will get out.

He's not being deported.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

only 7 yrs

Reduced to four years because of “mitigating circumstances”.

el_gaucho wrote: »
    Reduced to four years because of “mitigating circumstances”.

WHAT?

What could mitigate that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Give him a house ffs.

No one should be on the streets in 2019 in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

What was he wearing? What kind of underwear? He shouldn't have gotten so drunk, just looking for trouble.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

WHAT?

What could mitigate that?

Probably because be pleaded guilty and he stated he struggled with his sexuality in Algeria.

Yep.

Your Face wrote: »
    Probably because be pleaded guilty and he stated he struggled with his sexuality in Algeria.

Yep.

I don't know what to say. My head is on fire.

Pure evil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

That ain't nothing new Ireland, we've been raping and abusing men women and children since the birth of the state!

Speak for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Speak for yourself.

Well you should know, being a priest and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Was just wondering how AH would react if the victim had been a woman and the the culprit was, I don't know - let's say... a rugby player?

Well when a rugby player actually rapes a passed out woman and gets convicted of it then come back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

As I said about the guy who killed the Japanese man, there should be a system in place to deport them and have them serve their sentence (or mental hospital stay) in their own countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

But it's their culture. Cool it with the racism, you Nazis.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,257 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Well when a rugby player actually rapes a passed out woman and gets convicted of it then come back to us.

That's the problem: we're never going to know.

(Plus, I did of course take rugby player as an example: I could have said "college jock", or "grand oul' chatacter on the juice, yer Honour")

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Plenty of passed women have been raped and plenty on here have argued that's not rape.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

tdf7187 wrote: »
    But it's their culture. Cool it with the racism, you Nazis.

There is a culture in Algeria of orally raping passed out men?

Really?

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

If he's lucky that Algerian lad may well have a really great time in prison and may even decide not to apply for early release!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

"We"?

Bloody hell, as a woman born and bred in Ireland, I think your downplaying of what was done to this man is disgusting.

Advertisement