Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭sceach16

Randomly got a load of Tesco vouchers in the post yesterday, €35 off a €100 spend, anyone know if you can apply the voucher on top of the 25% off ie spend €100 on wine get 25% off that plus the €35 voucher?

Yes. Make sure U spend 133.33 on wine and get 25% off....pay 100. then less 35 so it costs U 65! ( caveat , check my tots!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Randomly got a load of Tesco vouchers in the post yesterday, €35 off a €100 spend, anyone know if you can apply the voucher on top of the 25% off ie spend €100 on wine get 25% off that plus the €35 voucher?

Yes you can apply the voucher after any multibuy offers.
    Tot it up as you go around.
    I used a voucher last week and had 2 packs of strepsils which have to be excluded from your spend.
    Had to add a couple of items to get above the threshold spend.

excluded items include Fuel, medicines, infant milk formula and gift cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Apologies - this isn't very informative but....
    I was chatting to the cashier in ALDI tonight as he had just put through yet another of the "Secret Six" promotion mulled wine things.
    "Anything decent in that line coming up?" sez I.
    "Well" sez he "I heard a rumour that there's Prosecco on the 22nd"
    Now I don't know if that means BOGOF, or just a good reduction, but it might be worth watching out for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

sceach16 wrote: »
    Yes. Make sure U spend 133.33 on wine and get 25% off....pay 100. then less 35 so it costs U 65! ( caveat , check my tots!)

Awesome, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,258 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Seve OB wrote: »
    on a slight side note, need a big pot of mulled wine, would faustino be a decent option?

Just use the cheapest stuff you can get. It's like putting a fancy whiskey into a hot whiskey - money down the drain on something that you can't taste.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

Franziskaner 500ml bottles 4 for €6 offer back on this week in Lidl :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

sceach16 wrote: »

thats good to know thanks! Im about to the same with a Dunnes €25 off €100 and the 25% back on wine also. So Im gonna buy 7 bottles at €20 = €140.00 then 33 off that = €107 less €25 = €82.00 hope thats right! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

snowgal wrote: »
    thats good to know thanks! Im about to the same with a Dunnes €25 off €100 and the 25% back on wine also. So Im gonna buy 7 bottles at €20 = €140.00 then 33 off that = €107 less €25 = €82.00 hope thats right! :P

It's 140 - 35 = 105 - 25 = 80

• Registered Users Posts: 39,529 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Tanqueray 10 for €25 in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

KevIRL wrote: »
    Tanqueray 10 for €25 in Tesco

Read that initially as ten bottles of Tanqueray gin for €25 and thought it was the bargain alert to beat all others!!

Great price for the Tanqueray 10 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

tesco
    carling/carlsberg/bud/molson/stella
    Special OfferAny 24 For 20.00valid from 27/11/2019 until 24/12/2019

guinness/hieneken
    Any 24 For 20.00
    valid from 12/12/2019 until 18/12/2019

As before offers might change, dates cannot be trusted.

CH3OH wrote: »
    I used a voucher last week and had 2 packs of strepsils which have to be excluded from your spend.
    I had problems one year due buying sudocreme, it must have been down as medicine, a manager over-rided it for me, they went through all the shopping and could spot nothing wrong, i.e. did not cop it was considered medicine. I wondered if other things might be included, like vitamins, berrocca etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Supervalu - Litre of Powers whiskey for €25. My local store didn't have it on display, still showing at regular price. Had to get it checked by a staff member.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭tonytiger81

Any chance bulleit will go cheaper than €30? Been meaning to try it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭donaghs

elperello wrote: »
    Lidl are advertising Ben Bracken single malt scotch at €24.99.

Has anyone tried it?

I liked the smokey islay one, won’t get anY other islay whiskey for close to that price.

Are they selling them? Haven’t seen them anywhere recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,522 ✭✭✭✭elperello

donaghs wrote: »
    I liked the smokey islay one, won’t get anY other islay whiskey for close to that price.

Are they selling them? Haven’t seen them anywhere recently.

This is the one I was referring to.
    I never got around to buying a bottle.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/christmas-tipples/ben-bracken-speyside-single-malt-whiskey/p31524

• Registered Users Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Yday got 2 bottles baileys 700ml for €10 each, and today 24 cans Heineken for €20, both in Tesco. Such cheap booze is very very yummy. No more €6 pints in pubs for me don’t care if it is silly season I ain’t going out to meet u!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Litre of Smirnoff /captain Morgan €20 in tesco!! €17 per 70cl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Litre of Smirnoff /captain Morgan €20 in tesco!! €17 per 70cl

That’s 14 per 70cl

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

elperello wrote: »
    They had 3 x 12 bottles of peroni, €25 at the weekend and you could mix and match with 12 x Hop House and 10 x Corona.
    Check in store is best advice.

This is a great deal, but hasn't been on in any Tescos I've visited. Anyone know if it's on in Clearwater?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

24 Guinness draught/Heineken for 24 quid Tesco Balbriggan. Bizarrely, 25 quid for bud/Coors light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

Dunnes
    Heineken 24 X 500ml €20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Is bulmers €20 for 24 anywhere at the minute.
    €25 in centra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

karlyk1 wrote: »
    This is a great deal, but hasn't been on in any Tescos I've visited. Anyone know if it's on in Clearwater?

Was told by manager in my local that it wasnt nationwide (if at all) yet thet were packed together. Hophouse were on some kind of offer.

Did anyone purchase 3 x peroni 12pk for €25?

Thanks.

ps. it is a great deal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

GY A1 wrote: »
    Is bulmers €20 for 24 anywhere at the minute.
    €25 in centra

Also €25 in Dunnes today.So 2 for €40 with the tenner off voucher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Just a quick comparison from Dunnes v Tesco, this evening in the Square, Tallaght

1 L smirnoff Tesco 20 euro, Dunnes 25 euro
    1 L Captain Morgans Tesco 20 euro, Dunnes 25 euro.
    70cl Baileys Tesco 10 euro, Dunnes 14 euro.

Did a bit of pricing, then went back to Tesco to get a bottle of each. Dunnes are doing this 10 euro voucher off 50, but their prices were more than that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

That’s 14 per 70cl

I guess tescos math is off then, cause they're selling the litres for €20 and the 70cl for €17

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I guess tescos math is off then, cause they're selling the litres for €20 and the 70cl for €17

I misunderstood. I thought you were taking the 1 litre price and trying to work out what that would equate to in value terms. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lidl
    GHzJ7fx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

I misunderstood. I thought you were taking the 1 litre price and trying to work out what that would equate to in value terms. Apologies.

I thought the same. The use of the word 'per' implied it was a calculation based on the 1 litre amount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

zell12 wrote: »
    Lidl
    GHzJ7fx.jpg

I wish they would tell you the price of the products advertised, rather than say 'from', and show the price of the cheapest plonk they have. They do it on the their TV adverts also. Very annoying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement