Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man slaps reporters ass live on air

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Raconteuse wrote: »
    She's letting the side down now.

Why is there a 'side' just because she is a women? :confused:
    Which comes back to my 'women's last crusade' point you just made it for me.

The women is not painted just as a person but a representative of the 'cause' the 'side'.
    Phrases such as these really damage feminism/equality etc in my view.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

The biggest stories in the news lately that paint men in a bad light have been to do with Harvey Weinstein’s settlement, Jeffrey Epstein’s victims, the Prince Andrew debacle etc

Maybe you should be mad at them for doing such awful stuff that it’s in the news all the time. These stories are newsworthy, it’s not a witch-hunt.

Yes those were bad men, problem is these 'bad men' stories are ten a penny these days, apparently that's what passes as balanced journalism.

It's witch hunt 101 I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

I don't give a hoot about seeming less feminist. I don't identify as a feminist at all actually. More a humanist.

Of course there is a double standard when it comes to men or women being groped - it would be delusional to suggest otherwise. What bugged us though was the way people leaped in to talk in an accusatory tone about that when it was about this one incident. And then the making up that we are all ok with men being groped. And the ridiculing of this incident because men get groped too. Etc. It's tiresome.

The guy in the video is very wrong. You just can’t do that in 2019. You have to be so careful with consent.

I’m sure there are plenty of women out there that would love a guy they fancy to make the first move. Maybe a flirty tickle, ass grab or go for the kiss... but that will probably be happening a lot less these days.

Too many potential consequences. Glad I’m not single these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Why is there a 'side' just because she is a women? :confused:
    Which comes back to my 'women's last crusade' point you just made it for me.

The women is not painted just as a person but a representative of the 'cause' the 'side'.
    Phrases such as these really damage feminism/equality etc in my view.
    Ah you know what I mean. She's giving ammunition now to the "women are the worst" crowd. She's being a fecking dope.

• Advertisement

Exactly, but the pity is there are I assume - lots of intelligent women on this thread who are unwilling to even consider this well point.
    As it would make them seem less of a feminist maybe?
    Women and men will never to be truly equal how offices would find it acceptable to have a man cry about a mini crisis. Whereas many women are wired to cry more (the minority use it as a tactic to turn on the waterworks.

Smacking people on the arse is wrong in the OP's context but there are of course scenarios where it is acceptable.

The fact that this video has gone viral only highlights the difference in social standing that women still have v men. If a man was smacked it would not get any interest.

Of course it wouldn't get any interest, that's why the media doesn't run 'woman slapped man's arse' stories, people either wouldn't care or they'd laugh.

I'd say I'd like to see balanced reporting but that's simply never going to happen and I extend that to all facets of the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

You’d swear he fingered her

glasso wrote: »
    beyond doubt this was bang out of order but the guy's life is going to be really fooked now with the whole "virality" aspect of this. probably doesn't deserve the level of impact that it is going to have.

I would agree as others have said that if it was a male reporter in the race who had his ass slapped by a woman then there would be no story.

Ah you know what I mean. She's giving ammunition now to the "women are the worst" crowd. She's being a fecking dope.

Ah now I think the masked slipped a bit for you there you have a 'side'.
    Which means contrary to your other post, that it is in fact steeped in gender politics.
    I am glad you agree the sensationalism of the whole thing affects the larger perception of the issue though.

I don't give a hoot about seeming less feminist. I don't identify as a feminist at all actually. More a humanist.

Of course there is a double standard when it comes to men or women being groped - it would be delusional to suggest otherwise. What bugged us though was the way people leaped in to talk in an accusatory tone about that when it was about this one incident. And then the making up that we are all ok with men being groped. And the ridiculing of this incident because men get groped too. Etc. It's tiresome.

I agree with a lot of that, and while I'm not saying that people think it's ok to grope anybody, it's just not as frowned upon when a woman does it to a man as it is the other way around. You may disagree with that point and that's fair enough, but it's what I see.

Anyway, my main issue is and always will be the barrage of 'bad male behaviour' stories in the media. I think we're an easy target, no wonder the suicide rate is so high among men, nothing but incessant stories about how horrible we all are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

Do you see women being historically as a lower class than men/treated worse?

If yes, you're a femenist.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

Do you see women being historically as a lower class than men/treated worse?

If yes, you're a femenist.

Once upon a time that might have been true. Not anymore, feminism has turned into a bit of a farce. Even amongst themselves they can't agree what feminism is anymore. The more extreme types have tipped the scales and the more sane women seem to have moved away from the label.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Sarahdunners

I am delighted that women are taking this stuff more seriously.

Taylor Swift has also charged someone with sexual assault for slapping her ass. She was successful. I think that she sued the guy.

I remember being out one night in Galway, so happy and eager for my night out. A guy slapped my ass, instantly all of my happiness went. I felt vulnerable, annoyed and belittled.

Again, I am delighted that women are not taking this **** anymore. Be warned lads. Keep your hands to yourselves.

I agree with a lot of that, and while I'm not saying that people think it's ok to grope anybody, it's just not as frowned upon when a woman does it to a man as it is the other way around. You may disagree with that point and that's fair enough, but it's what I see.

Anyway, my main issue is and always will be the barrage of 'bad male behaviour' stories in the media. I think we're an easy target, no wonder the suicide rate is so high among men, nothing but incessant stories about how horrible we all are.

Huntergonzo, maybe if there is a barrage of bad male behaviour in the media... maybe you know,

Men could....stop being bad to women?

Huntergonzo, maybe if there is a barrage of bad male behaviour in the media... maybe you know,

Men could....stop being bad to women?

Well maybe, anyway nighty night honey buns ;-)

Well maybe, anyway nighty night honey buns ;-)

Night sweet cakes

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

brilliant the good times are back.... Let the arse slapping commence....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

What is this "purposefully" nonsense. It's like the "revert" issue all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jaysus a crack on the hole isn’t a big deal. Only a bit of harmless fun.

The words of an absolute wanker. Sounds like something from the 1970's.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

Would have been much funnier if he shouted "f**k her, right in the pussy" at the camera. I would have laughed so I would. But as it is it is no laughing matter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Can’t slap women’s asses, can’t slap children’s asses, what will us men do with our time...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

galwayllm wrote: »
    brilliant the good times are back.... Let the arse slapping commence....

I'll get the wooden spoon so.

You've been a bad boy.

Actually no ..i'll get the belt!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I want women to call out inappropriate behaviour against men by women. It’s that simple. Not rocket science or amateur psychology.

You're just not getting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

You're just not getting it!

Would you not be up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,135 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'm all for shock humour in After Hours - that's why I'm here, because I'm not so easily offended, but some of this reaction is disturbing.

That reporter wanted to work in television. She most likely wants to be a serious journalist/presenter but first, has to work her way up from nothing.
    She manages to get through the slog of sending out cvs and finally gets an interview.
    She has to navigate her way through that process.
    She no doubt was delighted when she got the nod.
    I'd imagine she's a bag of nerves when she started off, even if it was only segments of the day to day stuff, rubbish stories, filler pieces.
    However, she did it - she's on TV. No doubt her parents are mighty proud.
    Fingers crossed it will lead to bigger things, better jobs, more money - the things everyone wants when they start off at the lower levels.
    And there she is, working away, on national TV, being recorded, televised to thousands and thousands of people, being professional.

And then, after all that, some ****ing neanderthal decides that he has the god given right to humiliate her on national television, which was being recorded for all time, no doubt while her family watched, by denigrating her. You can see the reaction on her face - shock, embarrassment, anger.

**** him. And **** the people that defend him.

Seriously, as a species, the idea to some people that this is okay, that it is defensible, that he can **** all over her career, that she as a professional woman doesn't deserve to be treated like a person doing her job, to be made feel ashamed for someone else's actions, its worse than the ****ing ape that did it to her in the first place.

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'm all for shock humour in After Hours - that's why I'm here, because I'm not so easily offended, but some of this reaction is disturbing.

That reporter wanted to work in television. She most likely wants to be a serious journalist/presenter but first, has to work her way up from nothing.
    She manages to get through the slog of sending out cvs and finally gets an interview.
    She has to navigate her way through that process.
    She no doubt was delighted when she got the nod.
    I'd imagine she's a bag of nerves when she started off, even if it was only segments of the day to day stuff, rubbish stories, filler pieces.
    However, she did it - she's on TV. No doubt her parents are mighty proud.
    Fingers crossed it will lead to bigger things, better jobs, more money - the things everyone wants when they start off at the lower levels.
    And there she is, working away, on national TV, being recorded, televised to thousands and thousands of people, being professional.

And then, after all that, some ****ing neanderthal decides that he has the god given right to humiliate her on national television, which was being recorded for all time, no doubt while her family watched, by denigrating her. You can see the reaction on her face - shock, embarrassment, anger.

**** him. And **** the people that defend him.

Seriously, as a species, the idea to some people that this is okay, that it is defensible, that he can **** all over her career, that she as a professional woman doesn't deserve to be treated like a person doing her job, to be made feel ashamed for someone else's actions, its worse than the ****ing ape that did it to her in the first place.

I haven't seen anyone seriously defend it. Sorry if i missed it.

Obviously in the serious light of day ...he is a giant ****.:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOD Thread closed for review

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Don’t see the big deal personally

She should get over it and he was perhaps a little silly to have done it

If he had groped her ass, that would have gone too far

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Don’t see the big deal personally

She should get over it and he was perhaps a little silly to have done it

If he had groped her ass, that would have gone too far

Thing is she gets to decide what is appropriate and what is too far and not you.

I’m sure because of his position he would have sat through training on how to behave and what constitutes proper behaviour.

When he acted so inappropriately he handed over all power of the situation to her, the fact that he chose to do so on tv brought in a whole extra dimension as it was up for speculation by everyone who sees it.

This guy acted like a total creep, I expect a load of trouble is headed his way and honestly he deserves all of it.

His humiliation needs to be public because that will deter other morons from acting the same

• Advertisement

Kimbot wrote: »
    MOD Thread closed for review
    Is it closed or not?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement