Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Snotty wrote:
    After the 6months are up do you pay an extra €5 for Spotify?

Spotify is being dropped

Etnies wrote:
    Yeah after the 6 months its an extra 5 for spotify

AFAIK Spotify is gone in Dec

That's a balls,big surge in ppl looking to join the family Spotify thing so ( I'm in) must get my teen signed up with someone's

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Their 20 for all calls texts and 1Gb data is now 10Gb which appears to be not just an offer. Amazing what gomo can do to the market. Still small compared to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

AFAIK Spotify is gone in Dec

Really? Where did you hear/see this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

donnyvegas wrote: »
    Vodafone X now has 30GB in all their plans

Positive influence of GoMo.

They should really stop the pretence that Vodafone X only is for students and U25s though ... it is their only competitive prepay offer and anyway they are pretty knowingly letting people who don’t meet the requirements register (I doubt they gain many customer from their other prepay offers).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Bob24 wrote: »
    Positive influence of GoMo.

They should really stop the pretence that Vodafone X only is for students and U25s though ... it is their only competitive prepay offer and anyway they are pretty knowingly letting people who don’t meet the requirements register (I doubt they gain many customer from their other prepay offers).

It’s to try and attract the young/student market which is the biggest money maker for top up plans I would imagine

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote:
    It’s to try and attract the young/student market which is the biggest money maker for top up plans I would imagine

I'm over 60

I'm over 60

Congratulations for reaching that milestone

OmegaGene wrote:
    Congratulations for reaching that milestone

I was being smug as in I'm definitely not a student

• Advertisement

I was being smug as in I'm definitely not a student

Yeah you have mentioned it a few times in the thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

OmegaGene wrote: »

Sure no issue with marketing it towards them (although I do believe quite many older people have been interested in that offer). But saying and writing in the T&Cs that it is only available for students and U25s is a bit ridiculous IMO knowing that it is the their only competitive offer and they are clearly not bothered with enforcing those T&Cs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Does anyone know if 4g+ is included with this or do they restrict this to bill pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

irishchris wrote: »
    Does anyone know if 4g+ is included with this or do they restrict this to bill pay?

It's included as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Darksoul

Anyone that uses pay as you go "Vodafone X with Sky Sports Mobile" is your sky sports mobile app allowing you to watch live games? Signed up to this deal at the weekend and can't get it to work with the Vodafone option I'm subscribed with.

Any ideas?

I’m on this plan for a while now and I’m using the sky sports version but I’ve noticed unlimited calls have been added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭deep1

I’m on this plan for a while now and I’m using the sky sports version but I’ve noticed unlimited calls have been added

Same for me but I am on Student plan, not sure if glitch but mins are deducted from add-on.

deep1 wrote: »
    Same for me but I am on Student plan, not sure if glitch but mins are deducted from add-on.

I was wondering if it was something to do with the new €10 deal they have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

I was wondering if it was something to do with the new €10 deal they have

Which deal?

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Which deal?

It’s in bargain alerts
    All calls texts and data for €10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

It’s in bargain alerts
    All calls texts and data for €10

I looked on the website and I can't find any plan for €10. Can you post a link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

kilsmum wrote: »
    I looked on the website and I can't find any plan for €10. Can you post a link please?

Probably the GoMo by eir deal that he’s referring to ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭bren2001

Probably the GoMo by eir deal that he’s referring to ???

I think they are referring to a series of Vodafone X users that got a text matching the GoMo deal (for 6 months I think). If you didn't get the text, you cannot avail of the deal.

Switched back from GoMo yesterday. I couldn't make calls or send texts. Customer service was useless as you had to go through LiveChat, which took forever to get someone. Was told each time it would be fixed, never was. The data worked but it was shockingly slow, unusable from a hotspot perspective. Nice to have Vodafone again, it just works. There's a shop you can drop into if you have an issues. Again, it just works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

bren2001 wrote: »
    I think they are referring to a series of Vodafone X users that got a text matching the GoMo deal (for 6 months I think). If you didn't get the text, you cannot avail of the deal.

Switched back from GoMo yesterday. I couldn't make calls or send texts. Customer service was useless as you had to go through LiveChat, which took forever to get someone. Was told each time it would be fixed, never was. The data worked but it was shockingly slow, unusable from a hotspot perspective. Nice to have Vodafone again, it just works. There's a shop you can drop into if you have an issues. Again, it just works.

What plan did you move back to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭bren2001

Mr Velo wrote: »
    What plan did you move back to ?

I switched back to X - Weekend. I was on Music prior but the website remembered my card details etc. so I don't think I'd be eligible for the 6 months free on it.

kilsmum wrote: »

Text invite only

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Does anyone know where to see the Friday offers on the app? I keep getting the texts for competitions but when I open the app, I can't find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

App seems to be desperate...click on offers all I get is "please try again later". Been like that since new app launched

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

The Vodafone app seems to have become awful for some people lately. From my own experience and reading online complaints, it seems to be connected to whatever numbers that were moved to a 'new system' a while back.

My OH's Vodafone number was not moved to the new system and when he uses the app everything is fine. When I log on to the exact same app with my number, I lose almost all functionality - no Friday offers, no breakdown of remaining data, no ability to top up etc.

I've reported this to Vodafone - waited 55 minutes on the phone - and explained everything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app umpteen times - to no avail. Vodafone assured me they'd 'look into it' and get back to me. There's no need for me to tell you how successful that was ... :mad:

They're just not interested in sorting the problem and with GoMo nipping at their heels, they will almost certainly lose out as a result.

• Advertisement

RoYoBo wrote: »
    The Vodafone app seems to have become awful for some people lately. From my own experience and reading online complaints, it seems to be connected to whatever numbers that were moved to a 'new system' a while back.

My OH's Vodafone number was not moved to the new system and when he uses the app everything is fine. When I log on to the exact same app with my number, I lose almost all functionality - no Friday offers, no breakdown of remaining data, no ability to top up etc.

I've reported this to Vodafone - waited 55 minutes on the phone - and explained everything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app umpteen times - to no avail. Vodafone assured me they'd 'look into it' and get back to me. There's no need for me to tell you how successful that was ... :mad:

They're just not interested in sorting the problem and with GoMo nipping at their heels, they will almost certainly lose out as a result.

The app is complete garbage now, I can’t even log in anymore it keeps telling me the password is wrong but when I go to the website I can log in fine but all info is 3 days out of date. For the last few days I’m received about 15 weird texts from them ranging from telling me I’ve used my daily limit for data and charges will apply or another one was my sky sports has expired but I’ve only just started another 28 day cycle.
    I’ve noticed my data has slowed down to a snails pace lately even though it says 4g.
    I’ve had enough and I’ve got a gomo sim

Advertisement