Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just got a text about Vodafone free Flights. Anyone know how this works? Seems strange to get free flights like this

I googled that for you :rolleyes:

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057867363

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I saw those from middle of last year but was wondering if anyone with first hand experience could comment. Like is it worth it? Since seems you can only give them 3 months and 3 locations and they decided where and when you go. Wonder how much notice they give you

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I googled that for you :rolleyes:

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057867363

How is this off use to anyone?

donnyvegas wrote: »
    How is this off use to anyone?

Shows it’s not a scam text lol

Anyone else’s data and call minutes roll over from last month ?
    I’m 3 days into my 28 and have 31gb and 130 minutes which is odd

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Nope, mine didn't anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,401 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Just got a text about Vodafone free Flights. Anyone know how this works? Seems strange to get free flights like this
    Even more strange that they are sending these offers to under 18s, telling them they can fly off for free somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

I filled out the form and they contacted me after about a week. The flights are offered through Sweete (they are a promotions company for many businesses in Ireland, Flo Gas etc)

I got offered free flights to Barcelona in March 2020 but the flight times offered were not great and they are with Ryanair. Fly out at 17:10 on a Friday and fly back on the Monday at 12:00pm.

If I turn down the flight offered then I will get offered one more time and would have to accept whatever it is (obviously I don’t have to fly at all but a free flight is a free flight).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

No but my wife's Spotify premium seemed to renew itself via them despite the fact she's no longer a Vodafone customer!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Did this perhaps include the one-off bonus data that Vodafone gave some customers last month?

• Advertisement

JTMan wrote: »
    Did this perhaps include the one-off bonus data that Vodafone gave some customers last month?

I thought that but I didn’t get any text about the bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭robfahy

I see on the Vodafone X offers it offers "100 any network minutes & unlimited texts". I couldn't see anything about free Vodafone to Vodafone calls. Does anyone know if these are also included?

robfahy wrote: »
    I see on the Vodafone X offers it offers "100 any network minutes & unlimited texts". I couldn't see anything about free Vodafone to Vodafone calls. Does anyone know if these are also included?

Not for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I filled out the form and they contacted me after about a week. The flights are offered through Sweete (they are a promotions company for many businesses in Ireland, Flo Gas etc)

I got offered free flights to Barcelona in March 2020 but the flight times offered were not great and they are with Ryanair. Fly out at 17:10 on a Friday and fly back on the Monday at 12:00pm.

If I turn down the flight offered then I will get offered one more time and would have to accept whatever it is (obviously I don’t have to fly at all but a free flight is a free flight).

Have a look on the Consumer BA forum for previous discussions about the "Free Flights offers" and see the advice offered.
    Advice is don't touch these!
    Poor flight times, only 1 flight for free (another for €99 if required), charge if you don't turn up, takes a long time and work to get offered a flight.

text from vodafone that they are increasing the data from 20gb to 30gb on the vodafone x sports plan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

text from vodafone that they are increasing the data from 20gb to 30gb on the vodafone x sports plan

Music too. Just got the text.

fifth wrote: »
    Music too. Just got the text.

i ditched the music plan and joined a spotify family instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Just got the same, I just topped up and with my free 50gb I now have 80gb of data for €25 a month ha ha ha ha ha

Just got the same, I just topped up and with my free 50gb I now have 80gb of data for €25 a month ha ha ha ha ha

free 50gb ? do tell
    i must have missed something

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I’d say the new gomo deal is starting to affect them if they are upping data etc even more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

free 50gb ? do tell
    i must have missed something

Something to do with the fantastic offers promotion a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Well just went back to Vodafone.

20 euro a month, 25GB data, 100mins. Vodafone music for 6months. 100 euro credit for porting back, plus 10euro credit for every 20 topped up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Where were you before VF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Etnies wrote: »

20 euro a month, 25GB data, 100mins. Vodafone music for 6months. 100 euro credit for porting back, plus 10euro credit for every 20 topped up.

You can thank GoMo for deals like that!

Yeah deffo gomo creating competition!

By the way i got a text from Vodafone few days ago about filling in a survey which I did and got the call today, the deal is exclusive for "eir" customers only as she called them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Etnies wrote:

Extra 5GB aswell AFAIK ( email from them yesterday)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Etnies wrote: »

After the 6months are up do you pay an extra €5 for Spotify?

Snotty wrote: »
    After the 6months are up do you pay an extra €5 for Spotify?

Yeah after the 6 months its an extra 5 for spotify

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

Vodafone X now has 30GB in all their plans

• Advertisement

Welcome to Vodafone X
    Get 30GB of 4G data plus your choice of Unlimited Weekends, Sky Sports Mobile TV, or 6 months of Spotify Premium for just €20 top up

Advertisement