Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifetime VPN €14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

dulpit wrote: »
    Nope, been rock solid on phone, tablet and fire stick. Using it right now actually

Must be a problem with my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭kilco

Hi All,
    Sorry , new to this but looking for a cheap vpn that will allow me to access Australian tv shows such as The Block, House Rules etc. I've never used one before but as I can no longer access content on other apps etc, think I'll have to get one. I don't even know how they work but not looking to spend more than a few euro a month. Any help appreciated. TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

kilco wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Sorry , new to this but looking for a cheap vpn that will allow me to access Australian tv shows such as The Block, House Rules etc. I've never used one before but as I can no longer access content on other apps etc, think I'll have to get one. I don't even know how they work but not looking to spend more than a few euro a month. Any help appreciated. TIA.

Did you try the one in the bargain alert?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭kilco

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Did you try the one in the bargain alert?

Hi,
    No I've never tried any of them but I'm just wondering if some are better than others for accessing tv in certain countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

jkbah wrote: »
    I tried a few different sources for the app and did finally tried apps2fire using actual app. I have a 4k one in the cupboard so will give that a go. Was too lazy to set it up before now. Really appreciate the help though

Moved over to the new 4k stick. Not going well unfortunately, can't get the rte player open now as well as Disney. Any idea where you got the APKs for them? Can't remember where I got them for my old stick. Or maybe it's a setting I need to change? I have other apps installed from file linked that are working fine so it's not the unknown apps issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It's down to €12.50 now (5 users/devices) with code BF2019VPNU
    https://stacksocial.com/sales/keepsolid-vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription-3
    Not for me, but thought I would post for anyone else that may want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Comerman

Suckit wrote: »
    It's down to €12.50 now (5 users/devices) with code BF2019VPNU
    https://stacksocial.com/sales/keepsolid-vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription-3
    Not for me, but thought I would post for anyone else that may want it.
    Can I ask a few questions please 😠I'm a complete beginner with this stuff. Do I install the VPN on my virgin media router (don't ask) or on the different TV's in the house? Myself and the boss are big Netflix watchers but fed up with the subtitled European stuff and I've two boys one into English soccer and the other is into US basketball. Will this be OK for our needs basically?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

Can this be set up on modem? have a samsung Smart TV but cant find any info for running a VPN on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Morgans

Discodog wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems with iplayer ?

Started having problems today unfortunately through chrome. Worked as expected for the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

Morgans wrote: »
    Started having problems today unfortunately through chrome. Worked as expected for the last few weeks.

Working here OK for the iPlayer with chrome. Also tested US connection for NBC and its ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Comerman wrote: »
    Can I ask a few questions please I'm a complete beginner with this stuff. Do I install the VPN on my virgin media router (don't ask) or on the different TV's in the house? Myself and the boss are big Netflix watchers but fed up with the subtitled European stuff and I've two boys one into English soccer and the other is into US basketball. Will this be OK for our needs basically?

The easiest way to use it is to plug in a firestick sand run the so on that too use whatever you want such as Netflix or iPlayer.

I have my TV connected to a second WiFi router that has ddWrt and this enables setting the VPN up on that so the TV or any device I connect wirelessly to that router gets to use the VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Morgans

Morgans wrote: »

FWIW, got it back working. Only use it for iPlayer and working fine again.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

Has anybody gotten ITV Hub working? I can get BBCi Player and MY5 players along with us netflix but cant get the itv hub to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bogglingbrenda

omega42 wrote: »
    Has anybody gotten ITV Hub working? I can get BBCi Player and MY5 players along with us netflix but cant get the itv hub to work?

Same problem here , itvhub worked for a couple of days .now just throws an error

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just tested - Oops, something went wrong - network connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Same problem here , itvhub worked for a couple of days .now just throws an error

I have problems with ITV too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

Is bbc iplayer still work

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

kala85 wrote: »
    Is bbc iplayer still work

Just checked right now, working perfectly...

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

Thanks OP works a treat on android shield

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

Can someone just clarify before I push the button.

I have the Firestick 4K.

Just want thus for iplayer and itv hub.

Will this work?

Does it slow down internet speed much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I have my TV connected to a second WiFi router that has ddWrt and this enables setting the VPN up on that so the TV or any device I connect wirelessly to that router gets to use the VPN.

I've a Netgear R7800 on stock firmware and this is exactly what I'm trying to do. I presume it has to be custom firmware then?
    I have a raspberry pi connected to the router that I was hoping to setup as my own gateway/DNS. I don't suppose you have any experience configuring this VPN on debian?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

lolliedog wrote: »
    Can someone just clarify before I push the button.

I have the Firestick 4K.

Just want thus for iplayer and itv hub.

Will this work?

I don't use itv hub, but it perfectly works with iplayer.
    Does it slow down internet speed much?

Noticed no slowdown at all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

dulpit wrote: »
    Just checked right now, working perfectly...

I can't get it to work either via BBC app or by logging in via chrome.

headnorth wrote: »
    Smartdnsproxy works a dream for me. All UK players, all USA players, Britbox, espn+, Disney+, USA Netflix etc... Working on a firestick, android boxes and countless phones and tablets in the house.

Maybe a silly question but do you have to go into the network settings in the fire stick and change the DNS settings when you are switching from say USA player to UK players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Code looks to have expired

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Maybe a silly question but do you have to go into the network settings in the fire stick and change the DNS settings when you are switching from say USA player to UK players.

No,its all done through their website on whatever device you are using.You set the location for the players you want.

No,its all done through their website on whatever device you are using.You set the location for the players you want.

So initially, it doesn't matter what you pick for dns1 & dns 2 in set up. Yes/No

So initially, it doesn't matter what you pick for dns1 & dns 2 in set up. Yes/No

Yes it matters, it is all on their website. It says to pick the country you are in for dns1 & the second nearest for dns2.

Yes it matters, it is all on their website. It says to pick the country you are in for dns1 & the second nearest for dns2.

Thanks. I have it set up incorrectly so.

• Advertisement

Thanks. I have it set up incorrectly so.

I'll dm you if you like??

Advertisement