Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭dougm1970

just had wireless projection mode on the telly...55" lg..in full desktop mode...crazy....quality amazing...how things progress.

also...any of you use tempered glass screen protectors with uv glue on a p30 pro ??....how was installation ?...any issues with call volume afterwards through glass ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Just ordered P30 pro on eir €99 have no real use for the watch anyone sell it or what price to sell it for?

ok...i only have my p30 pro a few days....but i notice in any lower light at all...not dark enough for night mode....that photos are incredibly soft and low res looking....is there something i am not doing correctly ?

liking it more the longer i have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Just ordered P30 pro on eir €99 have no real use for the watch anyone sell it or what price to sell it for?

i'll give ya 50quid for it :pac::pac:

how do you get rid of step count on lock screen ?.....i'd like to still use the health app though

also....does a tempered glass screen protector affect volume or quality of calls heard through the screen on a p30 pro ?

So received the P30 Pro in the post with no watch, knew if bought in store got the watch straight away. So rang wrang them up and got we will pass it on to our supervisor. Checked the Web site and it has watch has been pulled from the site. Don't know if I'll get it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

So received the P30 Pro in the post with no watch, knew if bought in store got the watch straight away. So rang wrang them up and got we will pass it on to our supervisor. Checked the Web site and it has watch has been pulled from the site. Don't know if I'll get it now.

Hope you not gonna be fobbed off with until stock lasts etc.

Not a deal breaker, but smoothes the deal a bit when either sold or used.

wonski wrote: »
    Hope you not gonna be fobbed off with until stock lasts etc.

Not a deal breaker, but smoothes the deal a bit when either sold or used.

I've a feeling I will be fobbed off, was planning to sell off to recoup the price of the phone.

• Advertisement

You could cancel since you ordered online, but I am just guessing the phone is now being opened and used ;)

Tough one.

The original sale on Huawei website ended earlier before I purchased handset on eir.

Are you sure the free gt watch was there when you placed the order? I always take a screenshot meself just in case, even if it isn't a proof it just something to fall on and present when order is not fulfilled.

You could cancel since you ordered online, but I am just guessing the phone is now being opened and used ;)

Tough one.

The original sale on Huawei website ended earlier before I purchased handset on eir.

Are you sure the free gt watch was there when you placed the order? I always take a screenshot meself just in case, even if it isn't a proof it just something to fall on and present when order is not fulfilled.

It was indeed have a screen shot also after I bought it so offer was still valid.

It's been open and used wouldn't give it back to be honest they said ring back in a couple of days if I don't any word from them.

It was indeed have a screen shot also after I bought it so offer was still valid.

It's been open and used wouldn't give it back to be honest they said ring back in a couple of days if I don't any word from them.

Good luck, maybe they will honour it.

They should, but if they can't hopefully they will offer you something else to cover the "loss".

Let us know how you get on.

I actually like the watch and while it wasn't deal breaker it just landed in the perfect time as I started no **** food and morning cycling and running routine. The sleep tracker opened my eyes, too :)

Good luck, maybe they will honour it.

They should, but if they can't hopefully they will offer you something else to cover the "loss".

Let us know how you get on.

I actually like the watch and while it wasn't deal breaker it just landed in the perfect time as I started no **** food and morning cycling and running routine. The sleep tracker opened my eyes, too :)

It's a nice watch but have a garmin for all that stuff, we will see what happens.

So Eir is saying I had to pay 199 to avail of the watch any order it online for 99 and get the watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

So Eir is saying I had to pay 199 to avail of the watch any order it online for 99 and get the watch?

I just took deliver today as well without the watch, cooling off period, they confirmed that the offer was valid when I ordered it but their own internal delays with the delivery meant it expired before they sent it out to me.
    I've initiated the 14 day cooling off period and I'll walk into a store in town and see if they have it.

goose06 wrote: »
    I just took deliver today as well without the watch, cooling off period, they confirmed that the offer was valid when I ordered it but their own internal delays with the delivery meant it expired before they sent it out to me.
    I've initiated the 14 day cooling off period and I'll walk into a store in town and see if they have it.

So they confirmed it was valid getting the watch when paying €99 for it?

So they confirmed it was valid getting the watch when paying €99 for it?

Yep that was the online deal I had for a new customer, switching from vodafone. In fairness to the person I spoke to she said she checked the warehouse stock and if they had any in the office but they didn't. She tried to get some sort of goodwill gesture for me but her Line Manager blocked it, they said that in the terms of the deal that it was based on stock availability so it gave them an easy out when they had no stock they didn't have to honour it. They lost a customer now but I doubt they'll lose any sleep over that.

I hate being bull****ed to, the women ref told me the offer ended two weeks ago but I told her I've a screen shot with the offer on the 23rd of August.

I hate being bull****ed to, the women ref told me the offer ended two weeks ago but I told her I've a screen shot with the offer on the 23rd of August.

I was moving from Vodafone for the same reason, ordered the handset with free watch, only phone turned up. I was messed around for a month before they agreed to take it back under the 14 day cooling off. I then try to move to Eir to get it it, same thing happens. I'm just not meant to have the free watch but I'm too stubborn to accept this and keep what looks to be a great phone.

• Advertisement

I was moving from Vodafone for the same reason, ordered the handset with free watch, only phone turned up. I was messed around for a month before they agreed to take it back under the 14 day cooling off. I then try to move to Eir to get it it, same thing happens. I'm just not meant to have the free watch but I'm too stubborn to accept this and keep what looks to be a great phone.

It's a fantastic phone the watch would have been nice but saved 100 getting it online so I'm happy but don't like being lied to.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

I thought the offer expired on 31st July from what I remember when I was getting mine.

the watch is a nice addition but the phone is brilliant

I did get it for 99 middle of August.

It was p30, not p30 Pro, though. P30 Pro was 199 at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Hi folks, does anyone have a suggestion for ear phones for the p30 pro. Maybe ones that can be charged wirelessly from the back of the p30 pro phone in case the wireless earphones are gone.

Also how have people found the watch - would I be better off selling it and buying the latest samsung one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭T-Bird

It's a fantastic phone the watch would have been nice but saved 100 getting it online so I'm happy but don't like being lied to.

I'm due for an early upgrade myself early September and was looking at the P30 pro last week. As you mentioned, the phone was advertised with the free watch in the description of the phone once you clicked onto it being advertised for €99. It may have been an oversight on their behalf but they are obliged to honour the sale as advertised.

T-Bird wrote: »
    I'm due for an early upgrade myself early September and was looking at the P30 pro last week. As you mentioned, the phone was advertised with the free watch in the description of the phone once you clicked onto it being advertised for €99. It may have been an oversight on their behalf but they are obliged to honour the sale as advertised.

I'm happy enough with the phone and the price I got it for, if the watch is sold out that's fine it happens it wasn't my main reason getting the p30. And I wouldn't put anyone off from getting the phone.

To be fair the available while stock lasts wording was pretty prominent in it so you wouldn't get much joy with that
    T-Bird wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭T-Bird

To be fair the available while stock lasts wording was pretty prominent in it so you wouldn't get much joy with that

There is that lol.

So I received a text from nightline saying my order from eir will be delivered on Monday, already have my phone!!

• Advertisement

So I received a text from nightline saying my order from eir will be delivered on Monday, already have my phone!!

Nice one. Result!

Advertisement