Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,965 ✭✭✭✭walshb

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Here’s one. If you found out that they were all on helpers would you continue to watch? I don’t see it ever being fixed

Drugs and cheating and whatever else is available to humans in sport can never be eradicated...

But there are still many many elites and greats in all sports that did it clean, and are doing t clean...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,628 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Here’s one. If you found out that they were all on helpers would you continue to watch? I don’t see it ever being fixed

I would because I'm a strong believer that taking peds doesn't make you a better boxer . Yes sure you'll be in better shape can train harder and recover quicker but it won't make you more technical it won't help you remain calm when your hit and so on

Of course it give you benefits but its not like running or cycling where drugs and hard work will make you from a nobody into a champion, In boxing you need more you skills, hearth and so on , seen plenty of muscle bound juice heads walk into the boxing gym and once they spar never return ,

I would because I'm a strong believer that taking peds doesn't make you a better boxer . Yes sure you'll be in better shape can train harder and recover quicker but it won't make you more technical it won't help you remain calm when your hit and so on

Of course it give you benefits but its not like running or cycling where drugs and hard work will make you from a nobody into a champion, In boxing you need more you skills, hearth and so on , seen plenty of muscle bound juice heads walk into the boxing gym and once they spar never return ,

Finally common sense on PEDs in sport...

Skill based sports can benefit with PEDs, but there is far more to be gained in other sports like track and swimming and cycling, where it’s all about the clock..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭selectamatic

If you're a big heavyweight there's an awful lot to be gained with stamina/endurance based PEDs though.

The ability to stay fresher and therefore carry power into the latter rounds is very beneficial for the fighter and dangerous for the opponent.

If you're a big heavyweight there's an awful lot to be gained with stamina/endurance based PEDs though.

The ability to stay fresher and therefore carry power into the latter rounds is very beneficial for the fighter and dangerous for the opponent.

Agreed.

It certainly has its benefits.

Most of the sport revolves around stamina..

And, in effect, stamina is D single most valuable and important trait in boxing

Everything else comes after it, and is affected by it, and aided by it, and hindered by it...

It is the first thing that I think any boxer would ask to be blessed with......

Followed by chin, power, speed, feet....and all these, are either enhanced by good stamina, or hindered by not so good stamina!

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Agreed.

It certainly has its benefits.

Most of the sport revolves around stamina..

And, in effect, stamina is D single most valuable and important trait in boxing

Everything else comes after it, and is affected by it, and aided by it, and hindered by it...

It is the first thing that I think any boxer would ask to be blessed with......

Followed by chin, power, speed, feet....and all these, are either enhanced by good stamina, or hindered by not so good stamina!

The old saying is true , fatigue makes cowards of men ,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

https://youtu.be/eOXFH0f9kp4

AJ hard on the ears

AJ hard on the ears

He always tried to sound like some kinda ghetto profit , Sound like he says stuff he has read minutes before ,
    Even in that gloves are off Nelson refers to one of these saying AJ said before and AJ has no idea what it is ,
    I thought AJ looked nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I wouldn't be surprised if Ruiz does him again.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

He always tried to sound like some kinda ghetto profit , Sound like he says stuff he has read minutes before ,
    Even in that gloves are off Nelson refers to one of these saying AJ said before and AJ has no idea what it is ,
    I thought AJ looked nervous

I used to think he was manufactured. I now think he’s just not the smartest but tries to appear a deep thinker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭squinn2912

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    I used to think he was manufactured. I now think he’s just not the smartest but tries to appear a deep thinker.

I can see what you mean. He did look a bit clueless there very apologetic. I think Ruiz will do his thing but my prediction all along has been aj by ko and I’m sticking to that. 5th round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

I can see what you mean. He did look a bit clueless there very apologetic. I think Ruiz will do his thing but my prediction all along has been aj by ko and I’m sticking to that. 5th round

Love Ruiz demeanour, such a chilled guy.

Dont doubt he is a nice guy, but you can see that Mexican fighting spirit in his eyes.

Think Joshua will KO him this time though but there are still huge question marks over him.

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Love Ruiz demeanour, such a chilled guy.

Dont doubt he is a nice guy, but you can see that Mexican fighting spirit in his eyes.

Think Joshua will KO him this time though but there are still huge question marks over him.

I think it’ll be a good fight but it will go like the povetkin one. Aj more patient. The big man can get him in trouble a second time. I’d say he will take a few shots too though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭blade1

AJ to jab his way to a points victory.
    Seems to be at his most vulnerable when he goes for the kill so don't think he'll take any chances.

Rooting for Ruiz though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I think Ruiz gets around his jab at least once. I think Joshua struggles if Ruiz hits him well.

AJ hard on the ears

Not getting that..

I think he came across fine. Just two of them chatting and discussing it all...

Fair play to Nelson for asking some awkward questions...

Both confident and both chilled and both humble; a lot better than the contrived hostility and pathetic trash talk efforts you get fed in this sport, and even more so in that MMA!

Not getting that..

I think he came across fine. Just two of them chatting and discussing it all...

Fair play to Nelson for asking some awkward questions...

Both confident and both chilled and both humble; a lot better than the contrived hostility and pathetic trash talk efforts you get fed in this sport, and even more so in that MMA!

Everytime AJ speaksit seems he feels like he has to say some inspirational quote or some guru like gimmicky saying, Ruiz calm across a really chilled blokes, almost like a stoner at times he's that laid back

Everytime AJ speaksit seems he feels like he has to say some inspirational quote or some guru like gimmicky saying, Ruiz calm across a really chilled blokes, almost like a stoner at times he's that laid back

Not at all. At least not in that video with Nelson and Ruiz.

Calm, easy, fluid and just very natural....both of them....

Not at all. At least not in that video with Nelson and Ruiz.

Calm, easy, fluid and just very natural....both of them....

Going on with the punch from god bull****, he always trying to sound clever in my opinion of course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Weigh in will be interesting on Friday, saw pictures of Joshua today and he has lost weight and muscle mass.
    Ruiz is looking slimmer too and Freddie Roach is not impressed by this

• Advertisement

The BO price for this is 28 euro.........

The BO price for this is 28 euro.........

It’s dear but I’m getting it. Good solid card and after the drama of the first fight it should be worth it. Plus I want to gloat about my prediction in real time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Ring walk confirmed for 8:45pm (UK time)

fitzparker wrote: »
    Ring walk confirmed for 8:45pm (UK time)

Perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It’s dear but I’m getting it. Good solid card and after the drama of the first fight it should be worth it. Plus I want to gloat about my prediction in real time!

Haha. You've really stuck your neck out for this one, i think you will be right though. Joshusa will break him down with his jab.

What's €28 when you're obviously going to win a fortune with your prediction! :D

Haha. You've really stuck your neck out for this one, i think you will be right though. Joshusa will break him down with his jab.

I don't think its that straight forward , I think Ruiz is a person who negates the Jab, he has been the smaller man his entire career its the most used tactic used against him , It may work in parts but AJ will 100% have to do better fighting in range ,

but like every heavy weight fight it can also end with one lucky punch ,

It’s certainly not like me!! If I’m wrong I’ll eat it up but I really see Joshua demolishing him. It’s win-win for me because I don’t like aj so if he gets beaten I’ll be happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Finally common sense on PEDs in sport...

Skill based sports can benefit with PEDs, but there is far more to be gained in other sports like track and swimming and cycling, where it’s all about the clock..

A fighter like Joshua who's main attribute are his physical gifts would benefit greatly from PED's. Heavyweight boxing is far less technical than the lower weight classes. How hard you punch is obviously massively important. Wilder and Joshua both technically limited but still World Champions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Butson

Anyone ever used a VPN for Dazn in Ireland?

Advertisement