Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

seligehgit wrote: »
    Ah Thomas bless him is gone.:)

I think he's going to fire somebody else.

Tommy didn't stick around for hugs either. Straight out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,848 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Tommy fired, Lottie's still there. Gutting.

Life really isn't fair :(
    I would have loved him to stay...but was it 8 weeks and he was on losing side 7 times?

He was by far biggest character and him taking the place of Pamela in the boardroom was classy.

He will do best out of it I would think.

Lottie is painful...her and Dean useless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

AHH raging. Thought Thomas was the only relatable one. Not overly bothered with the rest of it now, maybe only to see Lottie fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I think Lottie will exit the show in a taxi and not Sir Alan's Rolls Royce.

The two other girls on the winning team have been the stand outs so far for me....but that isn't saying much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Dean is a genius. Becomes PM and gets everyone else to do everything.

Was stupid putting Thomas with Mary Anne (or whatever her name is) needed someone to reign him in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

siblers wrote: »
    Dean is a genius. Becomes PM and gets everyone else to do everything.

Was stupid putting Thomas with Mary Anne (or whatever her name is) needed someone to reign him in a bit.

Truly convinced Dean's remaining in the process is the third secret of Fatima.:D

There can be no other explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

That task is all about sucking up to the acts/clients no matter how bad you think they are. Do none of the contestants watch the previous years?!

Don’t know how the yank got fired over the Irish girl. She must be showing something if Claud thinks she’s bright but I’d agree with the yank saying she takes no responsibility and hides.

As another poster said it’s between not Lottie but the two other girls on the winning team.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,289 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Dean hasn't exactly been a shining star so far, to say the least, but I must be in the minority in saying I thought he was decent this week? Sure it's an area he appears to have experience in, but many others have done the same and still fallen flat. He managed to (just about) control Lottie too.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Pity Thomas didn't make it as far as the interviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I’m getting really sick of The Apprentice this year, it’s clear that the candidates are being set up to fail to make good TV. Both corporate clients wanted upbeat, fast music, yet all three acts did not perform that kind of music. The idea was that the teams would mix the songs to make them fit, but mixing music is a skill that takes years to perfect and what on earth has that got to do with being skilled in business anyway??? The main part of the task was negotiating and sales, but they were set up with dud products, so it was always going to be a failure.

I also think they’re portraying certain candidates poorly. I think Dean did well last night, he has been PM twice and won twice. He did a fairly good job of reigning Lottie in too. I have a feeling he’s better than he is being portrayed. Last week it implied he could barely pour a drink!

Had to laugh at Thomas last night, Sir Alan: What’s your business plan? Thomas: Pillows! How can ‘pillows’ be a business plan??? He seems like a nice guy and I’d say he’s great at market stall type sales, but he was like a bull in a china shop anytime there was a need for delicate negotiation. And he was very pig headed about his own ideas, not giving anyone else a look in. Really he was lucky he wasn’t fired the week of the theme park ride or last week. He’s done well to last this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭Trampas

When Alan goes on about how many tasks has Thomas lost and making a deal about it. I was how many did Tom win. Was it one or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Trampas wrote: »
    When Alan goes on about how many tasks has Thomas lost and making a deal about it. I was how many did Tom win. Was it one or two?
    I think he was only on the winning team once, he lost 8 out of 9 tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Sugar seemed to genuinely like Tom, I've never seen him say anything to any contestant before when he was firing them in all the years I've been watching it.

I think Scarlett is the soundest one in it, gets on with the job and no bitching or backstabbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

gmisk wrote: »
    Looks like a fun one this week....lot of dead wood though...Dean, Lottie and Pamela very weak imo.

Lottie is one of the strongest candidates imo. Makes very few mistakes, good business acumen, forthright, confident, and good people skills. Very impressive for a 19 year old. If she has a good business plan she'll be hard to beat.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Lottie is one of the strongest candidates imo. Makes very few mistakes, good business acumen, forthright, confident, and good people skills. Very impressive for a 19 year old. If she has a good business plan she'll be hard to beat.
    She is a chancer imo running on BS...15 years experience in the music business...Jesus Christ lol
    Loud annoying and self confident with little to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Was kinda with you til I got to the 'good people skills' bit. :pac:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,289 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Still Ill wrote: »
    Was kinda with you til I got to the 'good people skills' bit. :pac:

Exactly what I was thinking. She's clearly bright, no doubt about that, but she's been a total cnut throughout most of the show. Still, the naivety of youth is playing a strong part in this I imagine. I expect she's probably been watching this show since she was small and thinks this is how business people act.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Who went out last night? It didn’t record for me last night.

Who went out last night? It didn’t record for me last night.

Tom and the American lady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Tom and the American lady.

A case of "so long Maryanne"...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

Show is a farce since it went the business plan route years ago.

Candidate not fired on merit any more.

Still enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

893bet wrote: »

Candidate not fired on merit any more.

Still enjoy it.

Both candidates fired last night were merited??

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭al87987

Scarlett is the best candidate by a good margin if only for the fact she has messed up far less than any of the others and doesn't seem to get on the wrong side of anybody which is a tough enough feat in this process.

Lottie is a bitch but dammit if she doesn't have something about her that turns me on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

al87987 wrote: »
    Scarlett is the best candidate by a good margin if only for the fact she has messed up far less than any of the others and doesn't seem to get on the wrong side of anybody which is a tough enough feat in this process.

Lottie is a bitch but dammit if she doesn't have something about her that turns me on

Reads first paragraph - clicks "thank" icon

Reads second paragraph - HAMMERS "remove your thanks" icon

al87987 wrote: »

Agree on both counts. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,390 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

893bet wrote: »
    Says a lot for Sugar's 'empire' if he couldn't just absorb one real Apprentice each year at say £50k salary (not to be sniffed at in the UK) and actually let the Apprentice be an apprentice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Says a lot for Sugar's 'empire' if he couldn't just absorb one real Apprentice each year at say £50k salary (not to be sniffed at in the UK) and actually let the Apprentice be an apprentice.

I think the problem they had was that candidates generally saw out the year and left. Nothing to do with his empire but they didn't fit in. And after 8 or 9 years with a near zero retention record, they had to rethink it.

But I agree that since its changed, it barely makes sense. Tom could have the business plan of business plans but doesn't get a partnership because he picked the wrong song for a sports ad.

I think the problem they had was that candidates generally saw out the year and left. Nothing to do with his empire but they didn't fit in. And after 8 or 9 years with a near zero retention record, they had to rethink it.

But I agree that since its changed, it barely makes sense. Tom could have the business plan of business plans but doesn't get a partnership because he picked the wrong song for a sports ad.

Pillows!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Pillows!

It was just an example. Swap anyone who's been fired into that sentence.

Candidate: Here is the best business plan you've seen in years. It's a guaranteed money maker.

Lord Sugar: I don't care. You couldn't get a good price on an oar that costs a hundred quid. Or organise a good advertisement for Finland. I'm out.

I still love it. But logic is long gone.

Advertisement