Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Can't believe Lottie won that - she was abysmal! Ugh.

I really hope Thomas escapes the losing team next week and gets a lovely treat instead of a manky cup of tea in the loser's café - I love him :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Who says chivalry is dead? Not our Thomas

Such a decent chap.

Lord Sugar as per usual in each season sees a bit of himself in a candidate and hence has a soft spot.

How on earth did the hapless Dean survive again?

He's exhausted his 9 lives.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Pretty sure Thomas is my favourite contestant of all time.

siblers wrote: »
    Pretty sure Thomas is my favourite contestant of all time.

No one will beat The Badger in my eyes, but Thomas is coming up the inside rail fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Pamela inexplicably wriggles free again. She must have cast a spell over them all.
    In fairness they would have likely lost another 200 quid if she hadnt ordered veg risotto.
    I generally think she isn't great but worse people still in it...Lottie and that absolute waste of skin Dean... clueless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Tommy boy has a thing for Pamela I think :D

Funny thing about pamela.

She's not adverse to making sexist comments about the lads.

Then she accuses Ryan mark of being sexist for putting them in the kitchen.

Then she allows Thomas to fall on his sword for her.

I've a hard time figuring out wtf she wants in terms of gender equality.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Lonestar1

Kinda glad Ryan Mark went , Pamela has to be next..............she can only stay in the background for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

I still don’t think think Lottie is the worst, she was lucky this week though.

I think this is the weakest year I can remember. Dean & Pamela are two of the worst candidates I’ve seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Another poor task where absolutely nobody excelled. Agree with others that this is just such a shocking year for competence.

Dean is a complete dolt with zero skills. Marianne seems to be limited unless the job is to find someone to argue with.

Thomas just seems to be hanging on by virtue of being a cheeky chappie who can sell. Lottie is utterly useless and was lucky as a cut cat this week. That said having Dean on your team is like having body armour in a firing.

Pamela is by far one of the most annoying there though. Casual sexism ahoy. The epitome of coasting. But all with this air of grandeur and self confidence

Carina and Scarlett seem to be in with the best shot by virtue of being the best of a terrible bunch. Scarlett for me will win. Another recruitment company. Easy peasy.

I really hope next year they try a bit harder for decent contestants. This constantly being awful is getting a bit boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭coL

I really can't stand Lottie. She's whinging about the alcohol spend when that was pretty much the main point from both clients

How did they not make a point of the fact that they spent so much on alcohol but yet the guests went dry at times!!

To buy more drink than planned and still leave your guests with empty glasses takes a whole different type of mismanagement!!! :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

coL wrote: »
    How did they not make a point of the fact that they spent so much on alcohol but yet the guests went dry at times!!

To buy more drink than planned and still leave your guests with empty glasses takes a whole different type of mismanagement!!! :confused::confused::confused:

Ah look its double standards everywhere. Carina got a free pass for ignoring her pms order entirely with the band (which nearly cost them the task), whereas others have gotten roasted for defying orders previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,274 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

everlast75 wrote: »
    Funny thing about pamela.

She's not adverse to making sexist comments about the lads.

Then she accuses Ryan mark of being sexist for putting them in the kitchen.

Then she allows Thomas to fall on his sword for her.

I've a hard time figuring out wtf she wants in terms of gender equality.

It came full circle all right, it was grand saying she would but the lads in their place but last night she was talking sh1te about things going back 100 years just because she had to do a bit of cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Haven't watched for a couple of years but have been binge watching all week and now up to date.

What I don't like is Sugar's quips, I wouldn't mind if they were funny. It also makes it look like he's not really taking it seriously. I mean we know he ain't anyway but he could at least keep up the act for the sake of the show. The show now seems it just about entertainment and laughs rather than anything at all to do with business strategy and has a more lighthearted feel to it that I remember.

As for this years crop I don't find any of them stand out at all. Pamela the Irishwoman seems very sure of herself but hadn't done anything to wow. Same could be said for Marianne the American. I have a feeling Lewis will win it, dunno why, just a hunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Who says chivalry is dead? Not our Thomas
    I was waiting for Sugar to go to town on Ryan Mark for changing his mind. If he chose Pamela, he should have stuck by his decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

I would have fired Thomas for trying to replace Pamela with himself in the boardroom.

That kind of nonsense and gallantry has no place in business. Its unprofessional & stupid.

I remember Trump firing someone for something similar in the american version.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I think whatever way the show goes, Tommie has a job for himself in the media. He may even be playing that game

Looks like a fun one this week....lot of dead wood though...Dean, Lottie and Pamela very weak imo.

I can see why both these acts are unsigned...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,022 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Lottie: 'I have been in the music industry for fourteen years....'

Relax Simon Cowell. Your only 19 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Umbro. I used to wear their shiny shorts :o

Is the band called the naives or knives?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,667 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm really finding it hard to sit through this this week. I think it's the dead wood and Lottie being her usual arrogant self.

The R & B track was chronic to be fair. The hot rock chick had more potential for a catchy riff.

I think there will be more than one sacking tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,667 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Hopefully. They normally start firing more than one per week at around this stage in the show

The R & B track was chronic to be fair. The hot rock chick had more potential for a catchy riff.
    They actually managed to make it even worse which was an achievement...
    The rock chick was decent.

The electro pop band was the obvious choice to go for, it's not great but it's catchy and could be used in a variety of things, games and ads especially

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Ah Thomas bless him is gone.:)

I think he's going to fire somebody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭bigroad

Merry good by.

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Go me :)

Tommy fired, Lottie's still there. Gutting.

Life really isn't fair :(

• Advertisement

I say Thomas probably knows the cabbie anyway. Old racketeering buddy.

He will be missed though. Legend

Advertisement