Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I drove Conzy's Ibiza around the ring of Kerry a few years back. It was a thoroughly enjoyable car to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Austmcc

Those little Cupras are great little things. I drove Shadowhearths last year and really enjoyed it. Proper pocket rockets.

Ye, as long as you don't try rev it out, real punchy from 2k-4.5/5k rpm. But so enjoyable. The first motorway on ramp was the selling point that made me drop the cash. Definitely many steps above the 1.2 corsa I had for years to build up the ncb.

I drove Conzy's Ibiza around the ring of Kerry a few years back. It was a thoroughly enjoyable car to drive.

I don't see many about. Think there's only (or less than) 16 registered with the 1.8 cause of the 1ish year manufacturing run. Went to a Cars and Coffee and only saw the Leon Cupras.

But ye, a trip round those parts of the wild Atlantic way is definitely on the cards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Tea please

LUwbqhs_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Austmcc wrote: »
    So haven't been on boards for a while but why not kick it all off again with what I picked up earlier this year. Still adjusting from my previous ecobox but am enjoying it so much. Only nagging thing is it came with some fairly new Dunlop sport max tyres that are not up to the job at all in my opinion. Might be switching to Bridgestone s001 soon enough.

Ibiza cupra 1.8tsi

They're not any better. Stick to Eagle F1's or Michelin PS4 as an upgrade.

• Advertisement

dar83 wrote: »

Thanks. Tyres is not something I know a huge amount about so I 'm willing to take suggestions and learn.

I'd be interested in what others with fwd hot hatches have on their cars as well, or even general good tyre recommendations.

To be honest the Dunlops are grand in the dry, but I've had a few slips once it gets wet and I'm not driving like a dope. I mean doing 40 to 50 kmh round gentle bends.

Sport maxx rt2 if anyone is wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Continental sportcontact 5 are decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Austmcc wrote: »

To be honest the Dunlops are grand in the dry, but I've had a few slips once it gets wet and I'm not driving like a dope. I mean doing 40 to 50 kmh round gentle bends.

Sport maxx rt2 if anyone is wondering.

Have the rt2 on a powerful 4wd car and same as you - great grip and feel in the dry, little bit of a cliff edge in the wet.

They're 3 and a half years old now and can spin all 4 from a launch so they're definitely for the bin and won't be coming back - based on the wet experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I am using Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 XL. Happy to recommend those to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Agree with the posts above, avoid the bridgestones, they are worse than the dunlops in wet conditions. Michelin PS4 or PS4s are very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Uniroyal Rainsport 3’s on the S2000, can’t recommend them enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Would also recommend these - had them as my last set and no issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Exactly what I have on the 330 at the moment. The grip is absolutely amazing in all conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

My latest project.....

20191129-165710.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I am using Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 XL. Happy to recommend those to others.

I second this, I'm very happy with them also. Plenty of grip and there's still a good bit of life left in them despite there being over 15,000 miles clocked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

RobMc59 wrote: »
    Continental sportcontact 5 are decent too.

I had a set of sport contact 6s and they only last 10-15k. Great summer performance Tyre but for daily driving in Ireland pilot sport 4s has it beat I think.

Also haven't compared the same tyre size of the michilim and Conti so the sportier feel may just be due to the thinner narrower tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I’ve a soft spot for those beetles. Saw a few that have been rat rodded... look savage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭selectamatic

The only issue with uniroyal rs3s is they wear pretty damn quick

Soft sidewalls too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

496580.jpg

Picked this up last week a huge step up from the A4 and nicer to drive over my LS, took me months to find the one I wanted especially with the white Leather and panoramic roof. It also has the Matrix LED lights and lots of other toy's.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Sweet.

What engine? Quattro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Cian86

My E92. Irish car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Sweet.

What engine? Quattro?

Yes but only the 190HP the 3.0L was a extra 5K in VRT...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,589 ✭✭✭tossy

Truckermal wrote: »
    Yes but only the 190HP the 3.0L was a extra 5K in VRT...

Lovely Mal. Well wear

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

Longggg overdue wash it was filthy, motivated by refurbished wheel by Liam and the guys at alloy wheel and tyre clinic in Bray they did a great job photos don't really show it well. Would highly recommend.

Had planned to wash it before cars and coffee but didn't work out and luckily I didn't as it started to piss rain ��

Of course on the way into work I meet a gritter going full wack and covers the front of the car in ****e... Deep breaths....

qNSmTnx.jpg
    N9MYu92.jpg
    rZqcztC.jpg

Not so blurry pic of wheel before he car was washed but they had it looking lovely before I drove with it.
    S1gsVxV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Beautiful car Mal, Well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Got a long over due wash today:

20191201-142915.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Cian86

Jesus. Did not expect that amount of likes/thanks.

Thanks for the welcome, peeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

bazz26 wrote: »
    Got a long over due wash today:

Was your old f10 an M Sport or SE bazz? I seen you mention before that you had a 520d ? If so how would you compare the two spec wise ? F10 SE 520ds are coming down in price with some even cheaper then some e60s but I'm on the wall with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Was your old f10 an M Sport or SE bazz? I seen you mention before that you had a 520d ? If so how would you compare the two spec wise ? F10 SE 520ds are coming down in price with some even cheaper then some e60s but I'm on the wall with them.

I've had both a SE and M Sport F10 520d in the past. The SE is more like a big comfy couch, the suspension is softer and the non sports seats are less supportive. A basic spec SE would be more basic than a basic M Sport but it really depends on the two cars in question and what options both came with. If you can get either one with the widescreen idrive and a few other options then all the better. Watch out for the usual N47 timing chain problems especially on early ones. Autos are better too and they wear suspension bits quickly too especially if you drive on bad roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭maddness

Cian86 wrote: »
    Jesus. Did not expect that amount of likes/thanks.

Thanks for the welcome, peeps.

That’s a gorgeous car.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement